St Lucia Holiday Home

Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: St Lucia Holiday Home

Originally Posted by Nequila
We bought off plan at Bayview in December 2006 in section B, were hoping to be in for Christmas this year, but have unfortunately had to book a hotel instead due to the delays with construction. At least we'll be in for next Christmas and we get to see another stage of development when we get back out there. We're in no hurry, no plans to move out permanently for another 3-5 years so the longer they take to build, the longer before we pay the final instalments. Did you do Soufriere and the Pitons, Brig Unicorn and Friday night Jump Up while you were there?
Yep, did a whole tour of the Island - will probably do it again in December. May I ask what prompted to buy in Bay View as opposed to the other developments?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Nequila is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 3aces
Yep, did a whole tour of the Island - will probably do it again in December. May I ask what prompted to buy in Bay View as opposed to the other developments?
Hi 3aces,

Replied as a direct message to you as was looking like an essay - hope you got it and didn't fall asleep reading it!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Scottylad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nequila
We bought off plan at Bayview in December 2006 in section B, were hoping to be in for Christmas this year, but have unfortunately had to book a hotel instead due to the delays with construction. At least we'll be in for next Christmas and we get to see another stage of development when we get back out there. We're in no hurry, no plans to move out permanently for another 3-5 years so the longer they take to build, the longer before we pay the final instalments. Did you do Soufriere and the Pitons, Brig Unicorn and Friday night Jump Up while you were there?
Hi, Nequila
We bought ours in Bayview in October 2006 in Section D but later told we wouldn't have views so changed to Section C. We were out beginning October and some of the B houses had walls and roofs but it was extremely wet so not much progress. What you see on the newsletter is all there was as the photos were taken the day we visited. There was no sign of any drainage or utilities so don't know how delayed section B will be, but we don't think anyone will get to move in until the whole site is finished as I doubt the roads will be done until all heavy equipment has gone. Ours isn't due for completion until Dec09 but like you hope to rent for a while then move out for longer. We are closer to retirement than you although if we could find jobs would go sooner. Have asked for more regular progress updates as it would be handy knowing when the next payment will fall due. Enjoy your visit - at least it will be drier.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

buddysam is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: St Lucia Holiday Home

Hi Anyone who has brought a bayview property I paid my deposit a year ago and have enjoyed keeping an eye on its progress. I never been and may pay badly for a rash decission but what the hell. Love to hear from any other owners and if they have seen the development in person

Sambuddy
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Buddysam
We paid our deposit in October 2006 and have now been to see the site 3 times and I'm glad to report some progress. It is not easy getting progress updates so I'm chasing at the moment but I have heard the developer is well capitalised so should be OK, but it would be nice to see more frequent updates. When are your next payments due as we have made two payments on top of our deposit and will be due another when the roof is on? I thought about setting up a forum for Bayview owners so we could exchange photos and personal progress reports but I think I would need more IT knowledge and a dedicated server so that's not an option, but it might be a good thing if us Bayview owners started communicating to each other so we can collectively follow progress and put pressure on when needed. Have you seen the new prices? Nice capital appreciation if true.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi Scottylad - same as you on payments you must be in either A or B we have brought in B might be neighbours. Appreciation looks good and at the end of the day it's St Lucia !!!!! kids are nearly of our hands and I qualified as a scuba diver with my twin boys this year in Egypt and really looking forward to diving in the caribbean.

The developers financial situation is a concern as it would be with any off - plan purchase but good to hear that you have some good news on that one. As you say we must as owners keep in touch and keep our ear to the ground.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Buddysam
We are in section C - originally D but the views were not as promised so we moved. We won't be complete until next Dec but you should be fairly soon if you are in B, however it may be that you will not get to move in right away, as I think pool and clubhouse etc won't be done until the end. Best check I think. Will let you know when I get a reply to my progress chasing. I have been told updates are posted at least once every month - the last update is dated September!!!! We were advised some time ago an owners committee would be set up when a percentage of units have been sold, but no sign of this yet.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

scottylad - thanks for that. Starting to think that next December will be completition for us to. Keep in touch over and out !!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scottylad
Hi Buddysam
We paid our deposit in October 2006 and have now been to see the site 3 times and I'm glad to report some progress. It is not easy getting progress updates so I'm chasing at the moment but I have heard the developer is well capitalised so should be OK, but it would be nice to see more frequent updates. When are your next payments due as we have made two payments on top of our deposit and will be due another when the roof is on? I thought about setting up a forum for Bayview owners so we could exchange photos and personal progress reports but I think I would need more IT knowledge and a dedicated server so that's not an option, but it might be a good thing if us Bayview owners started communicating to each other so we can collectively follow progress and put pressure on when needed. Have you seen the new prices? Nice capital appreciation if true.
You don't need a lot of knowledge or dedicated server to set up a forum - all you need is a domain, cheap hosting with one-click install scripts (means you can install a forum in seconds). Try www.freevirtualservers.com site also provides video tutorials so you should have a forum up and running in 30 mins to an hour.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi 3aces
Thanks for the tip. Will check into it when time permits and see what I can do unless someone beats me to it.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by buddysam
Hi Scottylad - same as you on payments you must be in either A or B we have brought in B might be neighbours. Appreciation looks good and at the end of the day it's St Lucia !!!!! kids are nearly of our hands and I qualified as a scuba diver with my twin boys this year in Egypt and really looking forward to diving in the caribbean.

The developers financial situation is a concern as it would be with any off - plan purchase but good to hear that you have some good news on that one. As you say we must as owners keep in touch and keep our ear to the ground.
Buddysam
Have you had any recent news on your plot yet other than the general newsletter, or any plans to go visit in the near future? Good to see an experienced company taking over rentals etc so at least that's some optimistic news.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point

(SNIP

Nice informative website Scottylad.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jun 2nd 2009 at 6:20 pm. Reason: URL removed
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

tulipknife

Thanks for your message. Are you buying at Bayview or anywhere else in St Lucia?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: St Lucia Holiday Home

We had been looking at barbados and have recently moved our search to grenada but nothing definite in the pipeline just yet. Credit crunch has hit my savings.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

We looked all over the world for somewhere and had planned the Merricks resort in Barbados but I don't think the build has yet started there, then St Vincent at Buccament Bay, but I'm not sure that has started yet, then Italy but the developer was a bit dodgy, then we found Bayview and the prices were great and the investment seemed like a good prospect.

Rumours now are that the developer has hit financial problems and their bank is cutting back on lending so I don't know what's going to happen to my hard earned money.

Might have to invest the remainder of my savings back in Fife - at least that's affordable but not quite the same climate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.