St. Lucia Chiropractic

Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Cmango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default St. Lucia Chiropractic

I have tried exhaustively to find a practicing Chiropractor in St. Lucia. I was looking into moving to the island to practice myself and was in need of advise from a fellow DC as to what was needed. Unfortunately i was unable to find any information. Does anyone know of someone on the island?

Chris
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:58 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St. Lucia Chiropractic

Originally Posted by Cmango
I have tried exhaustively to find a practicing Chiropractor in St. Lucia. I was looking into moving to the island to practice myself and was in need of advise from a fellow DC as to what was needed. Unfortunately i was unable to find any information. Does anyone know of someone on the island?

Chris
Hi Cmango, I don't know of any personally myself, but try the ministry of health and they should be able to assist you further along.

Ministry of Health and Labour Relations
2nd FL, Sir Stanislaus James Bldg,
Castries
Saint Lucia, West Indies

Telephone : (758) 468 – 5300/34
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Goddess is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't want to rain on your parade but it may be difficult to set up as a chiropractor in St Lucia. This in terms of building a clientele. You may have to focus on ex-pats as a target group and I am not sure if that would be enough for you.

Most Lucians are extremely proficient in the healing arts with their own techniques of massage and bone/muscle manipulation combined with centuries of ancient knowledge of herbal medicine.

What I would suggest, though, is contacting hospitals (a lage new one is being built in Castries. Maybe to work there as an associate? That construction may give you the independence you need while still providing you with the opportunity to work in your field.

Good luck!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cmango

Chris
There's definitely a need for a chiropractor. I went to M&C up in Castries the other day to see if they had anything for a verucca - at first she thought I meant varicose veins
Then when I said a foot verucca, the pharmacist said that she's never heard of it and they dont' have anything....

Good Luck with your search - Might be worth trying to contact the Hospital Director at St Judes as well.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 4:54 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LottieLou
There's definitely a need for a chiropractor. I went to M&C up in Castries the other day to see if they had anything for a verucca - at first she thought I meant varicose veins
Then when I said a foot verucca, the pharmacist said that she's never heard of it and they dont' have anything....

Good Luck with your search - Might be worth trying to contact the Hospital Director at St Judes as well.
Probably totally irrelevent to you, but I didn't know what that mean when my UK spouse used 'verruca'. Try 'plantar wart' and see if someone understands.
PS: how would a DC have helped for that?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

meauxna - Thanks for that useful piece of advice - I'll try again and see if they understand plantar wart and hopefully that might get me some results

Originally Posted by meauxna
PS: how would a DC have helped for that?
A DC? Sorry, do you mean when I mentioned about the hospital director?? if so, that was directed at the OP, that he could try contacting her and she may be able to assist or see if there are any openings at the St Jude's Hospital
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LottieLou
meauxna - Thanks for that useful piece of advice - I'll try again and see if they understand plantar wart and hopefully that might get me some results

A DC? Sorry, do you mean when I mentioned about the hospital director?? if so, that was directed at the OP, that he could try contacting her and she may be able to assist or see if there are any openings at the St Jude's Hospital
Oh, just the way it was written, it looked like a chiropractor (DC) could have treated the verruca!
nevermind.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

RayM. is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris,

It's great you chose St. Lucia.

When you come back to these shores again, feel free to get in touch with me.

Why hesitate???