British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Saint Lucia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/saint-lucia-176/)
-   -   Seeking Pals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/saint-lucia-176/seeking-pals-775661/)

blackandwhite Oct 24th 2012 10:15 pm

Seeking Pals

Evenin' all.

We are two professional guys (40s and 30s) who moved to St Lucia a few months ago and are looking to make a few local pals.

We've lived abroad elsewhere, know the form, and enjoy the company of all sorts -- locals, ex-pats, returners -- who also enjoy new horizons and their lives abroad, especially food, conversation, outings/activities, etc etc.

We live in the north (near Castries). One of us likes volleyball and music/movies and the other likes Scuba and arts/politics, but we're easy in any liberal company.

Do message us. We'd like to meet up! :thumbup:

pgtips Oct 30th 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Seeking Pals

Originally Posted by blackandwhite (Post 10348379)
Evenin' all.

We are two professional guys (40s and 30s) who moved to St Lucia a few months ago and are looking to make a few local pals.

We've lived abroad elsewhere, know the form, and enjoy the company of all sorts -- locals, ex-pats, returners -- who also enjoy new horizons and their lives abroad, especially food, conversation, outings/activities, etc etc.

We live in the north (near Castries). One of us likes volleyball and music/movies and the other likes Scuba and arts/politics, but we're easy in any liberal company.

Hi blackandwhite, welcome to the forum. Are you living in St Lucia permanently or on an extended break. Are you working in St Lucia or what kind of business are you involved in ? Normally people will need to know a bit more about people they link up with drinks etc. How have you found living on the island so far.
You will only be able to get private messages after you have made a few messages in the public forum.

good luck.

blackandwhite Oct 30th 2012 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by pgtips (Post 10357784)
Hi blackandwhite, welcome to the forum. Are you living in St Lucia permanently or on an extended break. Are you working in St Lucia or what kind of business are you involved in ? Normally people will need to know a bit more about people they link up with drinks etc. How have you found living on the island so far.
You will only be able to get private messages after you have made a few messages in the public forum.

good luck.

Hi pgtips

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we're here long term, both employed locally. One of us works in aviation and the other in education.

So far, so good. We previously lived on another tropical island in the Indian Ocean, so we knew the pitfalls and pleasures of island life! The supermarkets here are a big improvement on what we're used to! The driving ... well ... that's at a whole new level of direness :) lol.

But yes, we like St Lucia but would like more to do with others -- food/drink and activities. After three months here, with Scuba gear hanging in the wardrobe unused, this needs firm action!

In the long term, who knows? We'll see how our first year pans out and decide on whether to stay or move on. No complaints so far...

Cheers all

Remy Nov 22nd 2012 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by blackandwhite (Post 10348379)
Evenin' all.

Hi Black&White,

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here on the island, but just be careful, and cautious, not everyone can be trusted.

Remy

blackandwhite Nov 22nd 2012 11:09 pm

Thanks Remy! We know! But as we've not exactly been overwhelmed by replies so far (maybe we smell weird?), it's not a problem yet :)

Remy Nov 27th 2012 11:27 am

Originally Posted by blackandwhite (Post 10397042)
Thanks Remy! We know! But as we've not exactly been overwhelmed by replies so far (maybe we smell weird?), it's not a problem yet :)

Lol I'm sure it's not that at all......
I'll be away for a short time, if your still about when I return we can hook up for drinks or something. Private message me and I'll forward my email address to you so we can keep in touch.

Sarah1234 Dec 17th 2012 4:16 pm

Hi you can PM me if you want to meet up, there is a load of us down here in Marigot.

Sarah

Remy Dec 20th 2012 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Sarah1234 (Post 10437979)
Hi you can PM me if you want to meet up, there is a load of us down here in Marigot.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thank you I will when I return to sunny St Lucia.