Schools in St Lucia

Old May 21st 2012, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Ames81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Schools in St Lucia

Hiya, i need some help regarding schools in St Lucia and how much the fee's are. I have one daughter and we will be moving to La Fargue, Choisuel. A couple of names of schools would be helpful aswell
Also how much income tax and NIC will i have to pay on my wages?? Is it worked out as a percentage.
And one more thing does anyone know a good website where i could obtain fairly recent crime statictics.

Random questions but my ex is trying to stop me from moving to St Lucia saying it is a bad place. I know its a million times better than England but need statistics for my solicitors!

Thanks
Old May 27th 2012, 1:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools in St Lucia

Hi and welcome to BE.

I don't know anything about St Lucia as I am in the US, but I just happened upon your thread and thought you might find this useful regarding your question on crime stats: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...ca/saint-lucia

Here is a report as well, although this seems to be 2 years old, so isn't too up-to-date: http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/docid/4e43a0922.html

Here is a list of schools in St Lucia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...in_Saint_Lucia

Best of luck with the move. When do you go?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

hiya, thank you very much for all the info. Im hoping to go in October.
I sort of won my court case with my ex but cant go untill October, i wish i could go sooner!
Thanks again
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:33 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ames81
hiya, thank you very much for all the info. Im hoping to go in October.
I sort of won my court case with my ex but cant go untill October, i wish i could go sooner!
Thanks again
Well that's good news about the court case, and October will be here before you know it. It's surprising how quick time goes when you start arraigning a move. One minute you think you've got lots of time, the next thing you know it's D-Day
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

thats very true, infact its only 3 months away........i have ALOT to sort out by then......
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

adiyaewh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ames81
Hiya, i need some help regarding schools in St Lucia and how much the fee's are. I have one daughter and we will be moving to La Fargue, Choisuel. A couple of names of schools would be helpful aswell
Also how much income tax and NIC will i have to pay on my wages?? Is it worked out as a percentage.
And one more thing does anyone know a good website where i could obtain fairly recent crime statictics.

Random questions but my ex is trying to stop me from moving to St Lucia saying it is a bad place. I know its a million times better than England but need statistics for my solicitors!

Thanks

Hi Ames,
I recently made the decision to move to St. Lucia, my plan is to move in July 2013. I would like to move sooner but I'm a teacher here in the U.S. and am contracted for another year. I would be moving with my 6 year old daughter and have recently been granted sole legal custody of her. I have a million questions about the move but most of all am interested in getting the perspective of expats with children and especially single parent expats. I've long wanted to live abroad and put those plans on hold when I had my daughter but now she is old enough and I am secure enough to make the move.

This might be presumptuous but if possible I would like to keep in touch with you just to get a sense of your experience moving to the island and your daughter's experience.