Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Saint Lucia
Reload this Page >

Potential move to St Lucia with 4 kids

Potential move to St Lucia with 4 kids

Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:34 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potential move to St Lucia with 4 kids

Is that in Grenada ?
Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Is security that much of an issue? Here down the road, its still very safe. I put this down to an aggressive police force who while not whiter than white im sure, are interested in keeping the place peaceful and controlling on-island crime, especially where it affects tourists or the more affluent locals.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 12:28 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pgtips
Is that in Grenada ?
Yes, like anywhere we have crime, murder of relatives, nutters raping women, some petty thefts, but really its still quite an old fashioned sort of a place, with victorian attitudes to crime. We all leave valuabe stuff outside our houses or on the beach while we have lunch etc, it doesnt get molested and respect for ones fellow citizens is good/high.

While specific parts of jamaica and trinidad plus of course the dom rep appear lawless, i have heard recently reports of issues in st lucia and st vincent, organised crime against visitors and more affluent locals which are concerning. I did wonder what truth there was in it.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 12:34 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

One reason for safety here is the nature of the response to crime. You dont mess with the police force here, they are pretty hard, prison sentances are long, upright citizens can be armed for personal safety if they feel the need, security co’s are pretty good if you feel the need, but typically its the millionaires who live in such bubbles and theirs are international fears.

I remember asking a bank security guard if a bank was ever broken into, [theres no bullet proof glass or similar here, one could reach over and grab a bundle i think] about 20 years ago apparently, but they got about a mile before being apprehended.

Last edited by uk_grenada; Apr 10th 2018 at 12:38 am.