Moving to St Lucia with dog

Old Jun 25th 2011, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

lala75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to St Lucia with dog

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has moved to St Lucia with their dog? We are living in Ireland but it has the same rules regarding pet passports etc as Britain.

I'd love to know how easy/difficult it was to bring your dog to St Lucia? Who do you contact about bringing a dog to St Lucia? Which airline would you reccommend?

I'd really appreciate any help with this as we would hate to have to leaver her behind. She is a member of our family and we want her with us.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:10 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to St Lucia with dog

Originally Posted by lala75
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has moved to St Lucia with their dog? We are living in Ireland but it has the same rules regarding pet passports etc as Britain.

I'd love to know how easy/difficult it was to bring your dog to St Lucia? Who do you contact about bringing a dog to St Lucia? Which airline would you reccommend?

I'd really appreciate any help with this as we would hate to have to leaver her behind. She is a member of our family and we want her with us.

Thanks in advance
Hey lala, how's it going. Just google Pet Air and they will tell you the ins and outs. You can bring a dog onto the island, has to have all the right jabs, and I think there is a quarantine period, but check with pet air.

good luck
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for replying Will go and check them out now.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

glitterycloud will become famous soon enoughglitterycloud will become famous soon enough

Hi Lala75, I took my lab over a couple of years ago and went with Airpets, they were very good and helpful.
Just make sure your dog is up to date with jabs & rabies and it should be straight forward. I will tell you that we were told that we would have to fill in paperwork to allow the dog into the island by a vet, however the vet requested an underhanded payment from us that was not recorded anywhere nor were we told prior. This was a bribe to allow us to bring the dog in by the vet, corruption is everywhere!
We had no quarantine period at all, we took the dog straight from the plane.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

grandmalee is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been in contact with Dr. Edwin - [email protected] - an Animal Husbandry Officer with the Veterinary and Livestock Services Division - to get a permit for our dogs to allow entry to the island from the US. The biggest hurdle was getting a rabies titre and waiting 6 months after receiving the results. Now we are waiting for the temperatures to drop a bit since the US airlines have a heat restriction that requires the temperature to be below 85 Farenheit before the dogs will be allowed on the flight. They also required a microchip to aid in identifying the dog. Hope this is helpful...good luck and safe travels!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by grandmalee
We have been in contact with Dr. Edwin - [email protected] - an Animal Husbandry Officer with the Veterinary and Livestock Services Division - to get a permit for our dogs to allow entry to the island from the US. The biggest hurdle was getting a rabies titre and waiting 6 months after receiving the results. Now we are waiting for the temperatures to drop a bit since the US airlines have a heat restriction that requires the temperature to be below 85 Farenheit before the dogs will be allowed on the flight. They also required a microchip to aid in identifying the dog. Hope this is helpful...good luck and safe travels!
Thanks Grandmalee,
She just had her rabies titre test today (utterly ridiculous seeing that Ireland is a rabies free country!!!) so now have to wait 6 months from that, assuming that the result is negative.
I am having difficulty in getting the import form from St Lucia so I will definitely be using the e mail address you've supplied Thanks
Best of luck getting your doggies accross - maybe we'll meet up on our walkies!!!
Old Sep 17th 2011, 5:43 am
Banned

danieal is an unknown quantity at this point

you can bring your do with you but after the 6 months have passed from the date that your vet took the blood sample which led to a successful result...