Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Saint Lucia
Reload this Page >

Marriage to a St Lucian citizen

Marriage to a St Lucian citizen

Old Sep 18th 2017, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

K.rowlings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage to a St Lucian citizen

I am hoping you could help me with an issue I have concerning marriage to a St. Lucian citizen. I know I am not suppose to write this here but I am doing so as I can not message you.

I read on one of your posts that a woman who is married to a St. Lucian citizen can acquire St. Lucian citizenship and passport in a month and a man in a year. Is this true? I am planning on getting married to a citizen of St. Lucia and I was wondering how long it takes to get citizenship and passport and the documents required of me.

If you have more information, please help me out.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!
Old Sep 18th 2017, 6:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage to a St Lucian citizen

Welcome to BE.

Congratulations on your impending wedding.

So your questions will not get lost in someone else's thread...I have moved your post into a new thread. Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2017, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, Congratulations!

I was married in St Lucia I am from the UK, my husband is a Lucian. I was given my marriage certificate, after a couple of months I went to the waterfront in Castries, I think it was called Home affairs and was given a form to fill in, told to bring it back with 2 passport photos, the marriage certificate, my husband and my birth certificates. ( they give you a list of what to bring) I also had to get two references from st lucian born citizens, I took this back, within a month I was told I was approved, I paid $3500 ec. I then went to a meeting with the head of dept, had to say an oath and then was given my certificate confirming I was now a St Lucian citizen.
Hope that helps
Sarah
Old Sep 20th 2017, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Wow, that is great. It looks like it took you about 3 months to get citizenship. That is awesome. Thank you very much for the info. I may have some questions regarding the whole thing and I might get back to you in the future if you don't mind.

Thanks again.

Cheers!