British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Saint Lucia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/saint-lucia-176/)
-   -   international school of st lucia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/saint-lucia-176/international-school-st-lucia-656074/)

747 Feb 22nd 2010 10:51 am

international school of st lucia

Last year I was researching the International School in SL. Spoke to the headmistress and she seemed v friendly. My daughter is 6 so would be starting in grade 1 or 2 in sept 2010. Does anyone have any current info on the school/experiences, and is it starting to replace Bonne terre prep as the best school on the island for the elementary years?

Thanks

pgtips Feb 22nd 2010 2:24 pm

Re: international school of st lucia

Originally Posted by 747 (Post 8364690)
Last year I was researching the International School in SL. Spoke to the headmistress and she seemed v friendly. My daughter is 6 so would be starting in grade 1 or 2 in sept 2010. Does anyone have any current info on the school/experiences, and is it starting to replace Bonne terre prep as the best school on the island for the elementary years?

Thanks

I thought they mainly catered for secondary education 11-18.

Bonne Terre Prep is for primary age. What makes you think Bonne Terre prep is best school for elemenatry years ?

747 Feb 22nd 2010 6:31 pm

Was intouch last year with a lady who lives in SL and she seemed to be of the opinion that the best, or most popular, expat sort of school was bonne terre.

After speaking to the international school they do infact have a prep school, although it is still taking off and only has a small number of children in the primary years. If you have any other suggestions re schooling then I'd be interested to hear (my daughter is 6). We want to keep a link to the UK/North american curriculum, so I'm drawn to the canadian syllabus at ISSL, however it's early days in the research process so I'm open minded about the whole thing.

Thanks pgtips

pgtips Feb 22nd 2010 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by 747 (Post 8365763)
Was intouch last year with a lady who lives in SL and she seemed to be of the opinion that the best, or most popular, expat sort of school was bonne terre.

After speaking to the international school they do infact have a prep school, although it is still taking off and only has a small number of children in the primary years. If you have any other suggestions re schooling then I'd be interested to hear (my daughter is 6). We want to keep a link to the UK/North american curriculum, so I'm drawn to the canadian syllabus at ISSL, however it's early days in the research process so I'm open minded about the whole thing.

Thanks pgtips

I suppose as a private school it has a good rep. There are also a couple of very good local schools such as the Dame Perlette Louisy school that cater for this age group, though this is not directly in the area so Bonne Terre would seem a good choice.

747 Feb 22nd 2010 7:09 pm

I think it's either bonne terre or ISSL. Either way the only thing to do now is to visit them and try to get some opinions from the parents.:fingerscrossed: