Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Saint Lucia
Reload this Page >

International school st lucia

International school st lucia

Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

747 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International school st lucia

Hi guys. Have just joined the forum as hope to move to st lucia in sept. Have seen a few threads about schooling and am really interested to find out any impressions people have of the international school. Is it one of the better schools on the island or is it still too small and new??? Thanks for any info
Old Apr 19th 2009, 2:23 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International school st lucia

Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Hi guys. Have just joined the forum as hope to move to st lucia in sept. Have seen a few threads about schooling and am really interested to find out any impressions people have of the international school. Is it one of the better schools on the island or is it still too small and new??? Thanks for any info
I am also keeping a close eye on the school's progress. They seem to be doing well so far and they follow a Canadian syllabus.
More info on schools in St lucia.
http://www.rodneybay.net/ST%20LUCIA%...T%20GUIDE.html
Old Apr 19th 2009, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

pgtips thanks very much for the reply. I've been in touch with the schools principle via email and she seems very nice and is extremely helpful. I've also spoken to a Canadian friend in the UK and he believes that the syllabus they follow at the school should be absolutely fine. My main concern is not the academics but how much sport the children do at school as I'm not sure how big their sports fields are (or even if they've got any!!). As I haven't been to the island yet I have no idea what the lifestyle is like for children (I'm hoping they are not generally infront of the TV and computer all day), and therefore am not sure of the amount of sport they are all involved in. Once again any info on that one would be great and I'll let you know more about the school when I hopefully speak to the principle next week. By the way it's not raining in the UK today!!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:03 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the schools website the children seem to be kept very busy and active.

School website http://www.intschoolstlucia.org/
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and daughter visited the school in December and were suitably impressed. My wife reckons the school is of a similar standard to the private school my daughter goes to here in the UK but at half the cost!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Spoke to the schools principle yesterday and she was great. It seems as though the children have some sort of sport every day, and the school have deals with the local yacht, tennis, swimming clubs etc for children. The curriculum sounds pretty good as well. The founders of the school have experience setting up similar schools in trinidad, so I think all sounds v encouraging for the future.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

swimmergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm moving to St Lucia in late August with our two daughter aged 11 and 13 years.
We were fortunate enough to visit the island a couple of times prior to our upcoming move. We visited 3 schools on our last visit (all secondary). The International School was chosen over the others mainly because of the curriculum, but also our girls thought socially it would be easier to make friends as there are a lot of new incoming international students ( we live in the US right now , but have also lived in the caribbean).
My oldest daughter is a swimmer and the relationship between the school and the swim team/ aquatic center is excellent.
I will be living in the Rodney Bay area and would like any info o track teams and girls football.
Thanks