Hurricane hits St Lucia

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 4:08 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hurricane hits St Lucia

Reported in The Voice on line newspaper

AT LEAST 14 people have been killed in St Lucia after tropical storm Tomas struck the Caribbean island triggering deadly landslides.

The exact number of deaths has not been revealed by St Lucia's prime minister Stephenson King, who conducted an aerial survey of Tomas' damage to his country. But he did say that worst-hit town of Soufriere was inaccessible and has declared a state of emergency and appealed for international assistance.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hurricane hits St Lucia

Originally Posted by pgtips
Reported in The Voice on line newspaper

AT LEAST 14 people have been killed in St Lucia after tropical storm Tomas struck the Caribbean island triggering deadly landslides.

The exact number of deaths has not been revealed by St Lucia's prime minister Stephenson King, who conducted an aerial survey of Tomas' damage to his country. But he did say that worst-hit town of Soufriere was inaccessible and has declared a state of emergency and appealed for international assistance.
On the stormcarib website, under the St Lucia reports, there's alot of pictures reporting the damage - most in Soufriere, but loads up in Castries.

Looks horrendous. Hope everyone that is over there is safe. Thoughts and prayers
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

we returned from a cruise on Saturday and St. Lucia was our favourite island, we had such a superb time there and our local driver Andre was the best of all. We visited all the main tourist places but could see that there was a lot more to the Island than what the tourists usually see. We are really upset to think that such lovely people are now having such a hard time only days after we were there. Our thoughts are with everyone going through difficulties times.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

BabsS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, can anyone tell me if water purification tablets are still needed in the south around the Fond st jacques area? I have contacted a company who makes them and they are prepared to give me some to help out. Thanks!

Babs
Old Mar 5th 2011, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

BabsS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just to let people know, we managed to get a lot of water tablets off a charity in England and bought them over in January. We gave half to the Red Cross for distribution and the rest to our local and ex-pat contacts in Rodney Bay, Anse La Raye, Soufriere, Dennary etc and also contacts with the Rotary club. Even though an amazing clear up job was done on the island it was still quite obvious that there is a lot of damage and I was shocked by the Bexon area as I had heard about Fond St Jacques but there was not a lot of coverage in the UK and therefore other areas, such as Bexon were barely mentioned.

Thanks to everyone on there forum re moving to St Lucia. It certainly has given me a lot to think about.....