British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Saint Lucia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/saint-lucia-176/)
-   -   Holiday Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/saint-lucia-176/holiday-visa-765588/)

Ames81 Jul 19th 2012 7:27 pm

Holiday Visa

Hi all,

Could anybody tell me how long you can get a holiday visa for in St Lucia?

Regards
Amy

Sarah1234 Jul 22nd 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Holiday Visa

Hi Amy,

Can you give us more details?

Sarah

Ames81 Jul 22nd 2012 6:00 pm

well i want to go over and spend a long period of time over there, i may have a job to go to (as a Veterinary Nurse) but I just want to get over there really. Its so hard to sort things out in England and I never get the same 2 answers so I thought if I could go out on a holiday visa then i could sort my work permit out when I get there, obviously if it can work like that! I know that you can saty for 6 weeks with no visa but i would really like to stay longer than that
I might not work at all and be a lady of leisure but feel i might go insane without working! lol
My mum and dad own a property out there so i will be living there and my mum will be coming out with me and dad will follow in a couple of years time when he retires

Please help, its all so confusing :blink:

Ames

Sarah1234 Jul 22nd 2012 6:23 pm

Hi Amy,

As a British citizen you do not need a visa to come and stay in St Lucia, you will however need a work permit if you decide to work ( for more details search this forum) and you have to prove that you are more capable/qualified than a St Lucian to do the job. Usually you stay here for 42 days then it if you want to extend you go into immigration in Castries ( Bridge Street) with your passport and return ticket and say you want an extension, this is normally granted for another 42 days, you pay EC$200 for this. However you really are in the hands of immigration, I know people that have done this for up to a year but then they do ask you to leave. You however may have an advantage as your parents own property on the island, check with Bridge Street once you are here, but as a child of an owner you maybe allowed to stay 6 months before renewing ( normally at no cost). I am sure other people on this forum know more than me but that is my experience.

Regards
Sarah

Ames81 Jul 22nd 2012 6:42 pm

so i guess i would have to purchase an open ended ticket, go out there, see if i can get a 6 month permit if not just keep renewing every 42days??

Hopefully i would get a work permit sorted through my employer

My qualification is of high standard, they dont have anything like it really in St Lucia.

Thank you for your help tho, i appreciate it

Ames

Sarah1234 Jul 23rd 2012 2:22 pm

Yes Amy that is about it, to be honest you should not really have a problem.

PM me if you need someone to talk too, meet up with when you get here.

Sarah