British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Saint Lucia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/saint-lucia-176/)
-   -   Help me relocate to St. Lucia? :) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/saint-lucia-176/help-me-relocate-st-lucia-666032/)

Tropicalphotobugg Apr 29th 2010 7:02 am

Help me relocate to St. Lucia? :)

Canadian born wants to relocate to St. Lucia. Hello I am Canadian wanting to relocate to St. Lucia with my children to join my husband. Need help!

This is a process I see and is going to require alot of discussion and advice for those who have already travelled this road. I welcome all and any advice from you all! :)

*Do I qualify for citizenship if I have been married for 11 years to a born lucian?

*Very interested in networking with other Canadians, Americans, U.K. expats for social and maybe job or business purposes.

* Are there any clubs or communities where you will find expats living within close distance to each other?

*Schools? Private or public read some...Wondering will this effect the childrens overall education opportunities in the future?

*Anyone starting a business and need help?

*I would like to do photography full time but that may not be an option! I have many talents and skills to offer so I may have to explore other options. Contact me if you need any help with your business very multi talented.

Signed sincerely,
wanting to relocate to a sunny place .

pgtips May 2nd 2010 1:03 pm

Re: Help me relocate to St. Lucia? :)

Originally Posted by Tropicalphotobugg (Post 8529676)
Canadian born wants to relocate to St. Lucia. Hello I am Canadian wanting to relocate to St. Lucia with my children to join my husband. Need help!

This is a process I see and is going to require alot of discussion and advice for those who have already travelled this road. I welcome all and any advice from you all! :)

*Do I qualify for citizenship if I have been married for 11 years to a born lucian?

*Very interested in networking with other Canadians, Americans, U.K. expats for social and maybe job or business purposes.

* Are there any clubs or communities where you will find expats living within close distance to each other?

*Schools? Private or public read some...Wondering will this effect the childrens overall education opportunities in the future?

*I would like to do photography full time but that may not be an option! I have many talents and skills to offer so I may have to explore other options. Contact me if you need any help with your business very multi talented.

Signed sincerely,

Hi Tropical,

If your husband was born in St Lucia you are St Lucian by marriage and your children are St Lucian by descent. You will have to fill out all the formalities when you are in St Lucia. I am not sure if you can do this in Canada. Expat communities, Cap estate (higher end) , Rodney bay and surroundings, Marigot bay. Having said that I am sure you will find some expats wherever you are on the island, but these tend to be the most concentrated areas.

Schools, there is a Canadian run private school in Rodney bay that follow a Canadian syllabus. Job opportunities are harder to come by, so some entreprenuraship may be needed, but once you have sorted out your citizenship you will be able to apply for work just like everybody else.

Good luck

glitterycloud May 2nd 2010 1:20 pm

Signed sincerely,

Hi, I am married to a Lucian and my son is dual nationality (St Lucia and British) by descent. All you need to do is get a citizenship form, fill it in and give it to the immigration people and your citizenship will be applied for. The result can take on average a year but has been known to take up to 2 years! not good I know! Until a decision has been made you just take your passport to the immigration office and they stamp it every 6 months.

I am just about to move to Cas en Bas so also welcome a chance to meet up socially with any willing expats as life can become quite isolating without realising it!

SRWhite1965 Jul 6th 2010 6:24 pm

Signed sincerely,

I moved to St Lucia from the UK, nearly two years ago now. Love living there, although I prefer the South where things are slightly quieter! If you want to get in touch, am always happy to meet new people etc.