Flight to St. Lucia from BGI

Old Dec 7th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Flight to St. Lucia from BGI

Hey gang,

Is Liat the only carrier for flights to St. Lucia?

Thanks,
Foxy
Old Dec 12th 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flight to St. Lucia from BGI

Hi Foxy,

Yes I do believe so, except you wanna fly to Miami first
Old Dec 12th 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

hahaha! Luckily, I'm spending time in Canada over the holidays and am getting in all my shopping then
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Foxy_fromCanada
hahaha! Luckily, I'm spending time in Canada over the holidays and am getting in all my shopping then
It is only Liat/Caribbean Star that fly between BGI and SLU. I flew the route last year. It was a Liat flight number but a Caribbean Star aircarft
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

LIAT = Late If At All....

Unless you are flying some time in the near future, please be aware of the on-going Antiguan "industrial action" in Antigua among air traffic controllers that is slowing and canceling Liat flights in the region.

I was ALMOST stuck in Dominica shortly after Xmas after the direct flight from Dom to Bim was canceled only moments before we were to depart because the flight leaving Antigua was not allowed to leave (and they only knew that just then???) .... thru much rallying me and a few other passengers were lucky enough to JUST make the last flight from Dom to Bim through Antigua and Guadeloupe... even though it meant a 3 hour layover in Anu...... good luck with Liat, they are notorious for canceled and extremely late flights and massive misinformation.

There was an American Eagle counter at the Dom airport, but I do not know where they fly in the region.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:33 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

American Eagle flies to Barbados and Dominica from San Juan.

LIAT - Leave Island Any Time , Luggage in Another Timezone
BWIA - But Will It Arrive - Best Waitresses in the Air (it's now Caribbean Airways).
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I should have mentioned I was looking for direct flights. Thanks to all for the tip about AE, but their flights from here to St. Lucia are 12 hours long due to connections

Liat seems to be the only practical choice. While I haven't flown them yet myself, I am well aware of their habit of tardiness - I don't know anyone who's had a Liat flight on time! They all say "bring a book and a snack."