British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   Zoom and all that (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/zoom-all-934313/)

scot47 Aug 13th 2020 4:10 pm

Zoom and all that

I am trying this "Zoom" Malarkey - with some scepticism. Comments from others ? Cynical or positive !

sid nv Aug 13th 2020 5:05 pm

Re: Zoom and all that

If attending a Zoom meeting from home at the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, remember to wear a face mask at all times during the video conference.

Novocastrian Aug 13th 2020 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12896369)
I am trying this "Zoom" Malarkey - with some scepticism. Comments from others ? Cynical or positive !

If it's one on one use Skype. If it's a family meet use WhatsApp. If there are say 10 or more individuals it will be chaotic nonsense when everybody talks at the same time unless you set it up as a business meeting with an appointed Chair.

Novocastrian Aug 13th 2020 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by sid nv (Post 12896382)
If attending a Zoom meeting from home at the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, remember to wear a face mask at all times during the video conference.

That sort of bullshit remark is why you're all dying at the moment.

scot47 Aug 13th 2020 7:11 pm

The Zoom meeting I took part was all "speaker-centred" I thought the advantage of the application was that it is interactive !

kimilseung Aug 13th 2020 7:43 pm

I have just recorded myself looking attentive for 15 minutes, I can now play this in my camera window on loop, while I do other things, during meetings. I love how useful technology is in making our lives better.

BristolUK Aug 14th 2020 12:05 am

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12896427)
I have just recorded myself looking attentive for 15 minutes, I can now play this in my camera window on loop, while I do other things, during meetings. I love how useful technology is in making our lives better.

Is there some sort of alert feature for when they ask for your valued opinion?

kimilseung Aug 14th 2020 1:02 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12896498)
Is there some sort of alert feature for when they ask for your valued opinion?

You have to keep the volume on, and be aware of your name.
I plan on recording short recording of me with thumbs up, and saying yes, and looking quizzical, so that I can just use a button box to play these clips,and not have to be so close to the camera. (one of these clips will be a "hang on a minute" and me looking distracted; so I can buy time to get back to the PC and the camera.