wohoo, slight reprieve

Old Dec 10th 2011, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default wohoo, slight reprieve

Mrs TB has landed a job, kind of. 3 mth contract which may lead to a perm role. She gave up on a 12mth role she was pursuing as the 3mth role is such a rare opportunity to work for the company. She starts Monday

So either way, we'll be here until April now
Old Dec 10th 2011, 2:33 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wohoo, slight reprieve

Congratulations. I hope she loves it!

Bev
Old Dec 10th 2011, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
Congratulations. I hope she loves it!

Bev
Yeah I think the culture will be much more international, and I'll be pretty happy if she gets a perm role.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 3:29 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Mrs Tr1boy
Old Dec 10th 2011, 6:51 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

That's great about the job, long may it last!
Old Dec 10th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorry1
That's great about the job, long may it last!
Hope so because 3mths there now doesn't do much for me, but if she can hang in there for March and beyond, booyah
Old Dec 12th 2011, 8:42 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

Fingers and toes are crossed for you
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You never know your luck in a big city!!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah hope it works out. Mrs TB didn't get in until 7.50pm yesterday, but she was susssing out the trains, shuttle bus etc (and impressing the boss).

She said to me 'if this doesn't turn into full time I want to go back to Oz', which I already knew and have reconciled in my own mind, but she was pretty direct about it last night. I think she was whacked and shell shocked from the first day so we'll see.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 5:05 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Yeah hope it works out. Mrs TB didn't get in until 7.50pm yesterday, but she was susssing out the trains, shuttle bus etc (and impressing the boss).

She said to me 'if this doesn't turn into full time I want to go back to Oz', which I already knew and have reconciled in my own mind, but she was pretty direct about it last night. I think she was whacked and shell shocked from the first day so we'll see.
for the job working out, you need to get Mrs TB over to New Malden a wee bit more where there really is quite a biggish Korean community, though nothing like Sydney of course. Aside from the main shopping street (don't know it's name yet!) Kingston Road heading towards Tesco and B & Q has a few Korean shops and restaurants and also heading in the other direction towards Kingston itself there are a few more. Might help Mrs TB to feel more at home when she can get her favourite foods and magazines, etc.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beedubya
for the job working out, you need to get Mrs TB over to New Malden a wee bit more where there really is quite a biggish Korean community, though nothing like Sydney of course. Aside from the main shopping street (don't know it's name yet!) Kingston Road heading towards Tesco and B & Q has a few Korean shops and restaurants and also heading in the other direction towards Kingston itself there are a few more. Might help Mrs TB to feel more at home when she can get her favourite foods and magazines, etc.
Thanks B. Yeah we get over there now and then, every 4-5 weeks or so. She has a Korean friend that lives in Guildford now so that's nice. They met at a bbq that was put on by one of my cycling club members. Everything is connected to everything else

The rest of the week went better for her, and she has received great feed back from her Director which is good, so we'll see. She's enjoying the level of professionalism at her new job, which was sadly issing from her old one. She's very driven like that.

I'm due back to work at the end of this week Dr's report depending (seeing him this afternoon). I'm not in love with my job, but I'm kind of looking forward to getting back, using the old grey matter again.