Winter's here :)

Old Dec 16th 2010, 10:08 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter's here :)

Originally Posted by northernbird
Horses for courses, absolutely. I do not like it above 35 and I certainly couldn't live in QLD, the humidity would kill me.
And what about Singapore? I do not know how ANYBODY could live there!! I got off the plane and instantly felt my whole body melt as if somebody had shoved me in a microwave..........and my brain just turned into mush, how anybody even THINKS in that climate is beyond my understanding......

Actually I am just editing this here, I do FEEL more alive and invigorated and stimulated mentally in the cold of the UK than I do here in Australia.........I don't think this is a mental thing I do believe it is truly physical...........some of us adapt better to colder or hotter climes than others........

Last edited by Beedubya; Dec 16th 2010 at 10:12 am.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:52 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Actually I am just editing this here, I do FEEL more alive and invigorated and stimulated mentally in the cold of the UK than I do here in Australia.........I don't think this is a mental thing I do believe it is truly physical...........some of us adapt better to colder or hotter climes than others........
There's a reason that generally speaking cold countries are more exploratory and innovative than hot ones. The Vikings dashed around all over the place pillaging and conquering, but when they found Sicily they took to lounging around -- in a very ruthless kind of way.

I agree that I'll take cold over extreme heat, but if it was extreme of both, I don't know. I've done -25 with a wind chill that makes it feel like -40, and that's not liveable either in any reasonable way.

Temperate is good. Very good, IMO. Max 22 in the summer, min 0 in the winter.

Bev
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
When referring to cold us cyclists have a saying.

"There's no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong clothes".

Talking about a white Xmas here. I have a race on Boxing Day which I don't mind missing, but definitely want to make our flight to Vienna on Dec 30th.

So, in summary, big dump of snow Xmas Eve and gone by 7am Boxing Day will just right, thanks.

I agree, big dump of snow on xmas day is fine, but we fly into the UK on boxing day, so don't need no delays! I can't wait to get back and feel that buzz of Xmas. It may be me, but i feel that here that there are all the xmas lights up and Santas floating about in malls, but there is no realness to it all - a bit fake (that might be a little strong). Can't put my finger on it, i just don't feel festive and excited like i used to.
Tyring to put up a good front for the kids, but to me its naff!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 8:08 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd share a suitably Christmas picture. A robin in our garden

Bev
Attached Thumbnails Winter's here :)-robin.jpg  
Old Dec 16th 2010, 8:15 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
Thought I'd share a suitably Christmas picture. A robin in our garden

Bev
Oh thanks for sharing Bev, I love those little red robins, bob bob bobbing along.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 11:42 am
Just hanging around

If I see it today, I can probably get a pic of a robin in the snow. Yes, we finally have a significant amount. Only an inch or two, though, and the sun's shining. Quite pretty, given that we're all stocked up and don't have to go anywhere!

Bev
Old Dec 17th 2010, 7:17 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Bevm
If I see it today, I can probably get a pic of a robin in the snow. Yes, we finally have a significant amount. Only an inch or two, though, and the sun's shining. Quite pretty, given that we're all stocked up and don't have to go anywhere!

Bev
Sounds just perfect to me.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

bit of flurry yesterday
Attached Thumbnails Winter's here :)-winter-008.jpg   Winter's here :)-winter-009.jpg   Winter's here :)-winter-011.jpg   Winter's here :)-winter-012.jpg   Winter's here :)-winter-013.jpg  

Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:47 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
bit of flurry yesterday
Well you look happy enough, but Mrs TB looks bemused.........................great snowy pics BTW.