What are your plans for Christmas

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:43 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your plans for Christmas

My whole UK family get together at somebody's house for Christmas Day, they take turns and there will be about 16-20 of us......the year before last when I was here in 2009 my nephew and his wife had it at their house, a full on Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and a fancy dress party in the night........however since then he has got divorced and this year............it is at his new house with his new girlfriend, how bizarre!!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
Leaving the sunshine and palm trees of Los Angeles for the cold and wet of Kent......and I couldn't be happier!!!!!! Christmas Eve at Canterbury Cathedral. Shopping in Tunbridge Wells Can't wait
I know just what you mean, after so many hot Christmas's in Perth W.A our first holiday back to the UK after 7 years in Aus was for Christmas and New Year, our Aussie friends thought we were mad to be missing out on the bbqs etc (not..lol) anyway it was more than wonderful, even bought my OH a gordy Christmas Jumper to wear on Christmas day...AND he even wore it...lol we really enjoy this time of year here even more so now we have moved back.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
My whole UK family get together at somebody's house for Christmas Day, they take turns and there will be about 16-20 of us......the year before last when I was here in 2009 my nephew and his wife had it at their house, a full on Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and a fancy dress party in the night........however since then he has got divorced and this year............it is at his new house with his new girlfriend, how bizarre!!
We all went to my dear Brothers last year and sitting down for Christmas dinner there were 11 of us with in laws etc calling in for drinks during the day...just what we had missed while living oversea...by 11pm we still all had our Christmas Cracker hats on
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
We'll be right here, me, Dh, Ds, Dd and a turkey.
Who's the Turkey:
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:55 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
We'll be right here, me, Dh, Ds, Dd and a turkey.
Is that your pet name for the M-i-L?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Last Christmas in Australia (at least for a while!)

We will have Christmas Day at home, probably just the three of us. We have a certain routine and tradition, which includes Bucks Fizz and smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Seafood for dinner but there may be the odd piece of meat for tradition's sake. Christmas pud for sure, on fire!

Dip in the pool in between times (to call it swimming would be an exaggeration!)

Wondering what do for our last New Year here too.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:26 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killerhales
Last Christmas in Australia (at least for a while!)

We will have Christmas Day at home, probably just the three of us. We have a certain routine and tradition, which includes Bucks Fizz and smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Seafood for dinner but there may be the odd piece of meat for tradition's sake. Christmas pud for sure, on fire!

Dip in the pool in between times (to call it swimming would be an exaggeration!)

Wondering what do for our last New Year here too.
I discovered the joys of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs earlier this year - love it!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 4:47 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi,

We have just planned our Christmas and New Year for this year (I have been super effificent which is a first for me....scary thought lol) ....just being nosey and wanted to know what your all doing/planning.
My Sister, her partner and my beautiful new niece are coming to spend Christmas with us in Oz!!!!! I am sooooo lucky but soooooo want to be back there living my everyday life with them...

Hopefully sometime in the next year or two x

Enjoy with whatever you're doing
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
My Sister, her partner and my beautiful new niece are coming to spend Christmas with us in Oz!!!!! I am sooooo lucky but soooooo want to be back there living my everyday life with them...

Hopefully sometime in the next year or two x

Enjoy with whatever you're doing
Serious G, didn't realise you were looking to go back.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:06 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Serious G, didn't realise you were looking to go back.
Just been thinking a lot lately since my health probs earlier in the year and my sis having a baby. Haven't really discussed on FB as some peeps I work with are on there.....just family is the big thing. Always a hard one x
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Just been thinking a lot lately since my health probs earlier in the year and my sis having a baby. Haven't really discussed on FB as some peeps I work with are on there.....just family is the big thing. Always a hard one x
I know love, it isn't easy for a lot of people particularly if they have close family (thankfully I don't!). Thinking of you xx
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas with my family for the first time in 10 years. My son in Australia will be with his family and his partner's family and my son here wants to be with his (now) wife for the first time since they got together so it will just be the olds + my aunt and uncle and us in a local restaurant.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:24 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

I will be heading back to the UK for two blissful weeks of cold weather, pub fires, M&S Mince pies and lots of friends and family. We tend to alternative Christmasses. Last year was in Houston, so this year is back in the UK. I just love that time of year back home - all the sentimentality kicks in and everyone is generally happy because it's party season. I am very excited. Only six weeks to go!
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Trying not to feel slightly envious as I havent been back for Christmas since 1997! I'll over there for Thanksgiving, just hoping I don't have a 'homesickness crash' over Christmas when I'm back here.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:02 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
Trying not to feel slightly envious as I havent been back for Christmas since 1997! I'll over there for Thanksgiving, just hoping I don't have a 'homesickness crash' over Christmas when I'm back here.
Oh, the dreaded "homesickness crash" - I'm having one of those right now as my step daughter and her partner and twins have just left after two weeks here. So glad I'm going back in just under 6 weeks or I'd be in a hole right now whingeing about being homesick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.