What makes Britain Great?

Old Aug 25th 2014, 5:07 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes Britain Great?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
They don't seem that bothered about it.
You appear to have taken what I said for what it was, these acts seem almost normalised in American society.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 5:09 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosie Lee
At the end of the day, we all know this stuff, and you take the good with the bad. You look through all that to something deeper, a sense of belonging. I was still there 18 months ago, and I don't believe it will have changed much in that short time.
No, things havent changed, well actually I would say it has changed but for the better.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
You appear to have taken what I said for what it was, these acts seem almost normalised in American society.
That's what I find so chilling.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 5:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That's what I find so chilling.
It was the impression we got when there, people seemed very blase about guns, shootings etc.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

London1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris955
It was the impression we got when there, people seemed very blase about guns, shootings etc.
You are so Anti American I get really fed up reading your quotes. You know NOTHING about America NOTHING. So why can't you shut your biased mouth for a change and stop assuming how the American people feel about their country. I believe those that have lived there have the right to make comments about the US you haven't so give it a rest.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 5:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London1947
You are so Anti American I get really fed up reading your quotes. You know NOTHING about America NOTHING. So why can't you shut your biased mouth for a change and stop assuming how the American people feel about their country. I believe those that have lived there have the right to make comments about the US you haven't so give it a rest.
He's correct though...on the whole they are blasé about guns and their right to bear arms.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Most shootings don't even make the evening news.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 6:31 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Opinions are like arseholes .... (I know there was a point to me saying that, but damned if I can remember what it was).
Old Aug 26th 2014, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so not every American is blasé about guns but as a nation you would think there would have been some change since the school mass shootings… at least for the innocent children. I mean if there is no change after not one but many school shootings you have to assume that people are numb. I mean they won't even revisit the gun laws. It's pretty sad really.

I have to believe that Britain would have done something.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 1:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I was amazed with the letter I received from my daughter's school just after we moved to the US...she was 11 at the time. It was to remind parents that before allowing their child to visit a friend's house...they should check with the parents that all guns are locked safely away.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Sushipie is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a shame that the thread has turned into What makes Britain great and the US bad. I was hoping to hear positive things when everything I already read in the newspapers is so depressing.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 6:51 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sushipie
It's a shame that the thread has turned into What makes Britain great and the US bad. I was hoping to hear positive things when everything I already read in the newspapers is so depressing.
Yes, in order to put a positive spin on the UK, it's not necessary to throw stones at another country you know so little about.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 7:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bnet36
Ok so not every American is blasé about guns but as a nation you would think there would have been some change since the school mass shootings… at least for the innocent children. I mean if there is no change after not one but many school shootings you have to assume that people are numb. I mean they won't even revisit the gun laws. It's pretty sad really.

I have to believe that Britain would have done something.
Its what I dont get, guns are totally out of control in the States, that much seems to be obvious to anyone but unfortunately there doesnt appear to be any will to even try to 'fix' the massive problem. Too many vested interests.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 7:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sushipie
To be fair this thread has by and large been very positive about the UK, obviously there will always be one or two that will attempt to put a negative spin on positive news. Also often it can be that what makes one place 'great' is that it does things better than somewhere else. Gun control is definitely one of those things.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 7:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I was amazed with the letter I received from my daughter's school just after we moved to the US...she was 11 at the time. It was to remind parents that before allowing their child to visit a friend's house...they should check with the parents that all guns are locked safely away.
That would have me heading for the airport Seriously though it is amazing what is considered normal in a different society.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.