What makes Britain Great?

Old Aug 22nd 2014, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes Britain Great?

Originally Posted by cheers
Well here is one more..
The British Police do not carry guns.

With the state of affairs in the US right now on this issue. I am so glad that Britain's overall perspective on gun culture is what it is.

Concern for others and their well being THAT makes Britain Great.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a lot of British police carry guns nowadays.
And with supposedly between 500 and 1500 jihadists already back in the UK I think you will find there are quite a few more now.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Overall though there is caution and great thought put into police that are issued guns. In airports or areas where that type of activity is likely to happen.

I live in a 'safe' area where you can leave your car unlocked outside overnight. We often see police sitting idle in their cars on the roadside because they don't even get opportunities to issue speeding tickets. Yet, all the police are fully armed and even worse regular citizens are in restaurants, grocery stores brandishing 'their right to bear arms' … so unnecessary.

To me its the laws, attitudes, and thought process around these issues that makes the UK better.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 4:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnet36
Overall though there is caution and great thought put into police that are issued guns. In airports or areas where that type of activity is likely to happen.

I live in a 'safe' area where you can leave your car unlocked outside overnight. We often see police sitting idle in their cars on the roadside because they don't even get opportunities to issue speeding tickets. Yet, all the police are fully armed and even worse regular citizens are in restaurants, grocery stores brandishing 'their right to bear arms' … so unnecessary.

To me its the laws, attitudes, and thought process around these issues that makes the UK better.
I'd be terrified living in a country that allows any Tom, Dick or Harriet to carry a gun. I know that people can get guns illegally in other 'first world' countries, but as you've said so well, it's this whole 'right to bear arms' that scares me.

I've never thought much about Oz cops carrying guns, although I am a bit wide-eyed when I see these weapons on the streets. I do worry when I see security guards carrying guns - the ones who collect cash from ATMs. I'm sure they're not all like this, but the pair I see every week look well over 60 and are not the fittest looking people. I just think how easy it would be for someone to overpower them and take the guns as well as the cash!

At the other end of the spectrum, I read about a security guard collecting money from shops in the UK. He was beaten senseless (thankfully he recovered) - I don't know that having a gun would have saved him, but having a partner might have. I did some more digging and spoke with a man who used to work for the same company - they used to send the security guards out in pairs, but changed that to singles to save money
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spouse of scouse - my boys take a step back every time they notice someone just carrying a gun in the supermarket. It's a mindset that is just crazy to me. Especially with all the school shootings.

Came across this book on Amazon the other day (Open carry guns):
My Parents Open Carry: Brian Jeffs, Nathan Nephew, Lorna Bergman: 9781618081018: Amazon.com: Books My Parents Open Carry: Brian Jeffs, Nathan Nephew, Lorna Bergman: 9781618081018: Amazon.com: Books
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 12:17 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

The US can't place significant controls or restrictions on guns, but the EU can ban high-powered vacuum cleaners. Not sure which is more messed-up
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

That means there are a lot of half clean households in the EU - allergens galore

But seriously gun ownership is a highly regarded right above human lives here.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 10:20 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I have absolutely no desire to live in America especially after visiting and one of the major factors would be the crazy gun culture. Somewhere that it is considered OK to carry a gun in public is not somewhere I would want my kids to grow up. I have had Americans tell me it is because I am jealous of their freedom to own guns, yes thats it, I am indeed jealous of your incredibly high gun crime/murder rate
Old Aug 24th 2014, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I have absolutely no desire to live in America especially after visiting and one of the major factors would be the crazy gun culture. Somewhere that it is considered OK to carry a gun in public is not somewhere I would want my kids to grow up. I have had Americans tell me it is because I am jealous of their freedom to own guns, yes thats it, I am indeed jealous of your incredibly high gun crime/murder rate
Ferguson happened the day we left, gun culture plus institutional racism, when you get back you realise how bloody backward the place is.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

I literally feel like my way of thinking is alien to Americans. I don't even try to have discussions about it anymore. Let's not even speak about 'stand your ground' laws, mass school shootings and police brutality or misuse of power. I don't watch the news much and have withdrawn from social media because it angers me.

I realise Britain is not perfect but it's way ahead IMO...can't wait to return.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 5:58 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

OH that was gold... especially this part I have had Americans tell me it is because I am jealous of their freedom to own guns,

Stupid lol 'Freedom' they don't even know what 'Freedom' is...

Didn't a bunch of schoolkids get killed at 'school' because some idiot got a gun...

ironic isn't it..... (they're blind)

Anyway

What makes Britain Great
Fish n' chips
Pubs
Good old English booze
Countryside
Clean 'air' (depends where you live)
Good Atmosphere in certain towns/cities
Friendly British people and helpful
Quality of life,
Good healthcare (that is debatable at times lol)
British comedy/Tv (ie fools n horses ya plonka!)
I could list more...

What makes Britain Crap?

Chavs (Lazy good for nothing scum bags)
Job Seekers (JSA) - Dole
Rough areas...
Foreigners who come here and think they deserve everything
Certain Police (Corruption) - But you'll get that anywhere...
British Muslims - That try and 'force' there stupid petty religion on British people or try and ruin certain towns or cities.. (Bradford anyone?)
Crime that happens mostly from pols.... see it everywhere)
SHITE WEATHER god damn rain n rain...
Tax is too damn high get that P45 ready people!

I could go on....
Old Aug 25th 2014, 8:01 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
OH that was gold... especially this part I have had Americans tell me it is because I am jealous of their freedom to own guns,

Didn't a bunch of schoolkids get killed at 'school' because some idiot got a gun...

ironic isn't it..... .
These people were deadly serious, they honestly assumed we were all jealous of the great American freedom to bear arms. Because they have grown up with mass murders, a ridiculous gun crime rate and exceedingly lax gun 'control' they see it as normal.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 8:07 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore

ironic isn't it..... (they're blind)

Anyway

What makes Britain Great
Fish n' chips
Pubs
Good old English booze
Countryside
Clean 'air' (depends where you live)
Good Atmosphere in certain towns/cities
Friendly British people and helpful
Quality of life,
Good healthcare (that is debatable at times lol)
British comedy/Tv (ie fools n horses ya plonka!)
I could list more...

What makes Britain Crap?

Chavs (Lazy good for nothing scum bags)
Job Seekers (JSA) - Dole
Rough areas...
Foreigners who come here and think they deserve everything
Certain Police (Corruption) - But you'll get that anywhere...
British Muslims - That try and 'force' there stupid petty religion on British people or try and ruin certain towns or cities.. (Bradford anyone?)
Crime that happens mostly from pols.... see it everywhere)
SHITE WEATHER god damn rain n rain...
Tax is too damn high get that P45 ready people!

I could go on....
What is pols?
Old Aug 25th 2014, 8:10 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Are you serious? lol... c'mon now !
Old Aug 25th 2014, 8:12 am
Looking Around~

These people were deadly serious, they honestly assumed we were all jealous of the great American freedom to bear arms. Because they have grown up with mass murders, a ridiculous gun crime rate and exceedingly lax gun 'control' they see it as normal.
And yet... they boast about it!, if they are soo proud... then they don't seem to mind there kids 'walking on the streets (knowing the fact they could be murder/shot at night?) - You got to love the so called 'American Freedom'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.