British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   What makes Britain completely crap? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/what-makes-britain-completely-crap-812802/)

chris955 Oct 21st 2013 6:00 pm

What makes Britain completely crap?

Poo trees
Litter piled high in the streets
Miserable people

Add to the list ;)

campervanfan Oct 21st 2013 6:06 pm

Re: What makes Britain completely crap?

The length of winter ( I hate the cold!)

"litter piled high in the streets" ? I'm lost already Chris!:lol:

treasuredr Oct 21st 2013 6:16 pm

The crazy drinking culture, drunks taking up valuable NHS resources, puking and urinating in the streets.

dunroving Oct 21st 2013 6:17 pm

Nothing makes it "completely" crap, but the following make it "somewhat" crap:

Chavs
Entitlement culture
Traffic

Can't think of much else.

not2old Oct 21st 2013 6:20 pm

whinging poms that still live in Britain and those that live abroad that complain about Britain being crap

aries Oct 21st 2013 7:36 pm

Narrow streets full of parked cars and traffic having to try and squeeze through.

Decrepit buildings which need a lot of TLC.

Very wet weather and insufficient bus shelters.

People who think that driving 200 miles is a long way.

chris955 Oct 21st 2013 7:37 pm

Custard slices, are they really made with custard?

Pom_Chch Oct 21st 2013 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by chris955 (Post 10954476)
Poo trees
Litter piled high in the streets
Miserable people

Add to the list ;)

:sarcasm: ??

I don't think Britain is "crap". I didn't move away due to the above. Although even when I was in the UK I didn't experience any of the above. Just out of interest - what is a "poo tree?" Or do I not want to know!?

I moved away to give me the opportunity to progress in my career in a way that the UK cannot provide for me at the moment. And own a home in a country where I can have the lifestyle I desire. Simples.

chris955 Oct 21st 2013 7:55 pm

Poo trees are everywhere, they can in fact be any species of tree and they are adorned with numerous bags of dog poo placed there by lazy dog owners. They are alledgedly commonplace.
Dont kid yourself, Britain is finished, gone to the dogs, down the drain, all washed up, not as good as Germany. And the custard slices, whats the deal with the custard slices?

brissybee Oct 21st 2013 11:54 pm

People, all over the place. Crowds. Rules. :o

Which reminds me... are there rules about not putting bags of dog poo in the bin? Or are people who dump their bags of poo just lazy?

Grayling Oct 21st 2013 11:57 pm

Brit's who moan about the country and tell us everywhere else is better.....yet they don't bugger off to one of those places

Sally Redux Oct 22nd 2013 12:09 am

Originally Posted by chris955 (Post 10954676)
Poo trees are everywhere, they can in fact be any species of tree and they are adorned with numerous bags of dog poo placed there by lazy dog owners.

I hear they throw the bags into the trees. It's the only form of physical exercise people do there, apart from signing on.

Grayling Oct 22nd 2013 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 10955079)
I hear they throw the bags into the trees. It's the only form of physical exercise people do there, apart from signing on.

Hang on a minute!....do you really think that carting all those ready made meals from the supermarket to the car does not require a little effort?

windsong Oct 22nd 2013 12:17 am

Give me the dog poo any day over vile drunk humans acting like savages in the streets - throwing up/puking as someone said earlier - and urinating. Totally disgusting!!!

Sally Redux Oct 22nd 2013 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 10955086)
Hang on a minute!....do you really think that carting all those ready made meals from the supermarket to the car does not require a little effort?

Tesco online :lol:

It's all going to come back up in the street later on.