Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What makes Britain completely crap?

What makes Britain completely crap?

Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:58 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes Britain completely crap?

Originally Posted by chris955
Imagine the size of the poo bags.

If you have never heard nor seen the dead whale in Oregon clip, well everyone should see it once. Truly what were they thinking blowing up a beached whale.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Just think of all the whales, sharks, cod etc crapping right of the idyllic retreat.
Something should be done about that.

It was not so long ago that sewer pipes pumped human waste directly into the sea in the UK. Thankfully, as far as I know, that problem was addressed. So I guess a bit of cod poo can be tolerated.

Last edited by Bud the Wiser; Oct 6th 2014 at 10:15 am. Reason: context
Old Oct 6th 2014, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Whatever you do, don't come to France then Pete.
London's streets may be paved with gold, but French streets are paved with ****.

And not just canine.
Hence " ........as though we all live in Paris."
Old Oct 6th 2014, 4:33 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Fascinating how the mention of poo trees can revitalise a tired old thread.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:08 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate

If you have never heard nor seen the dead whale in Oregon clip, well everyone should see it once. Truly what were they thinking blowing up a beached whale.
Thank you for that. You are right. Everyone should see it at least once.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

I was beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination.

Poo tree cut down - The visitor

- Dogs poo at Nacton shores - News - iwitness24 Suffolk

on a lighter note........

An Idiot's Guide To Picking Up Dog Poo - South Leeds Life

and two novel way of bringing it to peoples attention....

The Easter Egg Tree

Pennine Waterways News: Okay - Poo's Done This?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser

It was not so long ago that sewer pipes pumped human waste directly into the sea in the UK.
.....and in many other countries worldwide.....and many still do

.....including a few 'first world' countries

Last edited by Grayling; Oct 6th 2014 at 8:07 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:13 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser

It was not so long ago that sewer pipes pumped human waste directly into the sea in the UK. Thankfully, as far as I know, that problem was addressed. So I guess a bit of cod poo can be tolerated.
Modern technology has addressed that problem.
BBC News - Surfers Against Sewage pollution app monitors UK beaches

Wonder if we have a NZ version...
Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Modern technology has addressed that problem.

Wonder if we have a NZ version...
We could certainly do with it.

Not much by way of blue flag beaches here and come the rains our lovely looking beaches are often user beware , if not shut.

Actually, the subject of further doggy doo bins was raised at our last community meeting. That and dogs off leashes on beaches & undesirable alcohol related behaviours.

So, same sh1t , different bucket wherever you are.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I always clean up after my 2 dogs. Not fun but not fun for folks to see or step in it. I have decided after reading the book "Go the F..K to sleep" to write my own books.. The first one is my male dog who takes forever to s..t - can walk 1/4 darned mile before goes. He turns around, stops - no that place no good - repeated numerous times. Drives me crazy! So my first book's title will be "Just go and s..t!!!!! and my second is... My other dog has started chewing my stuff again. I borrowed a library book off a friend so I can use it to target my theme for the month (Pirates). Darned dog has chewed it - so gotta pay $20 (cost of book). Phone number 4 was chewed last week, along with some clothes. So my other book is Stop Eating My S...ttttttttt!!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2014, 7:36 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
.....and in many other countries worldwide.....and many still do

.....including a few 'first world' countries
Indeed, I remember a huge 'stink' being made about raw sewerage being pumped into the sea at Bondi.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Many a happy holiday in the Med was ruined as my morning dip was interrupted by a passing t*rd. And I remember dinner on a terrace of an expensive hotel in Sorrento, surveying the bay below, and noticing the sewage discharge half way down the cliffs.
I did not have the mussels.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Indeed, I remember a huge 'stink' being made about raw sewerage being pumped into the sea at Bondi.
ewww I really wish you hadn't said that - we went swimming there a few years back

Might I just say this thread really seems to have gone down the crapper (sorry, couldn't resist).
Old Oct 7th 2014, 11:34 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
ewww I really wish you hadn't said that - we went swimming there a few years back

Might I just say this thread really seems to have gone down the crapper (sorry, couldn't resist).
Yes it was a huge problem not so long ago, I am sure it doesnt happen now though.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
I always clean up after my 2 dogs. Not fun but not fun for folks to see or step in it. I have decided after reading the book "Go the F..K to sleep" to write my own books.. The first one is my male dog who takes forever to s..t - can walk 1/4 darned mile before goes. He turns around, stops - no that place no good - repeated numerous times. Drives me crazy! So my first book's title will be "Just go and s..t!!!!! and my second is... My other dog has started chewing my stuff again. I borrowed a library book off a friend so I can use it to target my theme for the month (Pirates). Darned dog has chewed it - so gotta pay $20 (cost of book). Phone number 4 was chewed last week, along with some clothes. So my other book is Stop Eating My S...ttttttttt!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.