Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What makes Britain completely crap?

What makes Britain completely crap?

Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:39 am

Harvester523 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What makes Britain completely crap?

Originally Posted by chris955
No need, nothing was forgotten.
Indeed it was, unless of course you're generalising and speaking for everyone.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
Talking about pensions, there are many articles on the internet stating that Britain has the lowest state pension allowance in Europe. Difficult to quantify, as this article correctly states.

http://conversation.which.co.uk/mone...parison-serps/

I was, however, rather dismayed to see that the state pension is less than 25% of the average wage, and that was based on the new higher rates to be introduced in 2016!!! Even against the minimum wage, based on a 40 hour week, the state pension only equates to around only 50% of the minimum wage. Pitiful.

Interesting comments section.
A very strange article indeed. The average wage is nowhere near that level in the UK - they mean household income. But household income composes many other tax credits - family allowance, winter fuel, housing benefit etc, so they are not comparing like with like.
Apples and Pears would be closer.

Then to say that the South African pension is in truth generous - when they then indicate it is only a seventh of average income, but the UK at more than a fifth is mean.....

But having said that, here is no denying the State Pension in the UK is, and always has been, a pittance. But it is topped up with other payments- housing benefit, rates assistance etc.

But what I absolutely do not get is that the system almost forces one to "beg" help from the State, rather than saying that after a lifetime's work, the State will return a small proportion of your lifetime contributions to you.

On an even more worrying point, a couple of weeks ago, NICE announced they were thinking of licensing new drugs based on their "social utility"!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 11:44 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
That is tough for you both to be without his mum. How long are the uk immigration going to split you up for?
My son is very attached to me and wouldn't dream of being apart from him for 6-8 months.
We're trying to save the 62500 to satisfy the anti non-eu British government.
I never imagined in my life Britain would enforce such a anti family discrimitive law.
That's the problem... im based in china and i cant let him grow up here etc i need to head back home for his injections his way of life his education blah blah

Tough? more like living hell... really makes me fuming i wish to god Cameron knows about stuff like this but he just turns a blind eye.... something soon is gonna 'GIVE' i sense/feel a great anger among British citizens about the spouse visa rules...

THATS WHAT MAKES UK SHIT - at the moment.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 11:56 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
That's the problem... im based in china and i cant let him grow up here etc i need to head back home for his injections his way of life his education blah blah

Tough? more like living hell... really makes me fuming i wish to god Cameron knows about stuff like this but he just turns a blind eye.... something soon is gonna 'GIVE' i sense/feel a great anger among British citizens about the spouse visa rules...

THATS WHAT MAKES UK SHIT - at the moment.
You're joking right? No one gives a stuff. Sorry.

I agree that it is a horrible situation and something of an injustice, but many countries do the same thing. And for the 99.9% of people in Britain that do not fall through the visa-rejection gap, it is not even an issue of which they are aware.

Also, no point blaming Mr Cameron personally. Plenty of people involved in government to change the policy to what now currently stands. Both parties. It simply reflects current British moods.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that an education in Chinese was held in high regard? Might be completely wrong there. Also, at 9 months, you do have quite a bit of time surely? As for injections? There are a growing number of people who decide against them, and they too can be caught up on at a later date if needed.

We don't feel it is best to raise our children in Canada either, so each to their own, just wondering if the urgency isn't really that urgent, might buy you some time together as a family, or at least for him to be with his mum for some of that time.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 1:01 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
I thought that an education in Chinese was held in high regard? Might be completely wrong there. Also, at 9 months, you do have quite a bit of time surely? As for injections? There are a growing number of people who decide against them, and they too can be caught up on at a later date if needed.

We don't feel it is best to raise our children in Canada either, so each to their own, just wondering if the urgency isn't really that urgent, might buy you some time together as a family, or at least for him to be with his mum for some of that time.
Have you posted in the right thread?
Old Mar 11th 2014, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you posted in the right thread?
Response to Vexcore's post. Should probably have quoted, sorry.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 1:28 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Response to Vexcore's post. Should probably have quoted, sorry.
Makes more sense now
Old Mar 11th 2014, 2:17 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

True, but i don't want my son to be a native chinese... as for education? well you got to remember china is the PRC everyone i have met don't have time for fun or have a good childhood... trust me on that.

as for injections? well im talking about the serious ones that are needed? polio? TB etc but i have heard stories that we shouldn't take them....

We're hijackig this thread damn better reply somewhere else

Originally Posted by Shard
You're joking right? No one gives a stuff. Sorry.

I agree that it is a horrible situation and something of an injustice, but many countries do the same thing. And for the 99.9% of people in Britain that do not fall through the visa-rejection gap, it is not even an issue of which they are aware.

Also, no point blaming Mr Cameron personally. Plenty of people involved in government to change the policy to what now currently stands. Both parties. It simply reflects current British moods.
Joking? i wish i was.... but i know you're right no one simply gives a sh!t,

why blame cameron? well he is the 'leader' of the UK might as well point the finger at him

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Makes more sense now

Yes it does
Old Mar 12th 2014, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Bob Crow died suddenly today.....true to form the BBC has had a field day..big time. Not so long ago it was Nelson Mandela....and today, Tuesday 11/03/14 it hss been Bob Crow day...
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harvester523
Why is it Chris that you unfailingly avoid answering any sticky questions, but pick up and run with totally irrelevant items?
Notice the lack of reply
Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you need a moderator?
If you want a mod to read the thread, either report it or pm one of us. I have a life therefore don't spend ALL my time reading crap threads like this!

Originally Posted by Vexcore

' i sense/feel a great anger among British citizens about the spouse visa rules...

I think you will find that the majority either don't know the rules, or have no interest because they aren't impacted by them. Even most Expats are unaware of the current rules for UK migration as a Spouse.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 8:33 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt worry about it, I have no idea why a moderator was even mentioned to be honest.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 8:50 am

I wouldnt worry about it, I have no idea why a moderator was even mentioned to be honest.
Sure you do - you just trace the quotes back.

You said you started the thread 'tongue-in-cheek' to get a response, which another member felt fell under the definition of trolling - hence the moderator comment. I'd agree to some extent, but nothing that warrants moderator action or I'd have hit the report button
Old Mar 17th 2014, 8:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I think you will find that the majority either don't know the rules, or have no interest because they aren't impacted by them. Even most Expats are unaware of the current rules for UK migration as a Spouse.
A recent poll showed the majority of Brit citizens in favour of TOUGHER immigration controls, mind you, like Polly, I suspect that extremely few of them knew how it was impacting people wanting to return to the UK after living and marrying in a non EU country. I suspect a lot was fueled by all the scare stories about the millions of Romanians and Bulgarians who were going to flood the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.