West Sussex

Old Sep 20th 2013, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: West Sussex

...I think you get the gist VWbabe...
Old Sep 20th 2013, 1:24 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I found a link to crime stats for Sussex police. If you scroll to near the bottom, you'll find a list of all neighbourhoods. Clicking on one will link you to the crime for that area

http://www.ukcrimestats.com/Police_Force/Sussex_Police

They also have a league table of those neighbourhoods - http://www.ukcrimestats.com/Neighbou...delaide#League

(sorry, couldn't resist picking Adelaide )
Old Sep 20th 2013, 2:09 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I found a link to crime stats for Sussex police. If you scroll to near the bottom, you'll find a list of all neighbourhoods. Clicking on one will link you to the crime for that area

http://www.ukcrimestats.com/Police_Force/Sussex_Police

They also have a league table of those neighbourhoods - http://www.ukcrimestats.com/Neighbou...delaide#League

(sorry, couldn't resist picking Adelaide )
Adelaide, an neighbourhood in Hove is part of the unitary authority Brighton and Hove. I.E. it is not in East or West Sussex. If it wasn't a unitary authority, it would be in EAST Sussex.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 2:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
Adelaide, an neighbourhood in Hove is part of the unitary authority Brighton and Hove. I.E. it is not in East or West Sussex. If it wasn't a unitary authority, it would be in EAST Sussex.
I don't know the area - it's a neighbourhood covered by Sussex police, which I assumed would be the force covering West Sussex. If I'm incorrect, it's possible to get crime stats for all police forces from the link provided. Which force would cover West Sussex?
Old Sep 20th 2013, 2:21 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

It's the right website, just not a good example. We've already had a suggestion that Beachy Head is in West Sussex when it is in East Sussex. They are different counties, but Sussex police covers both.

It would help if the OP said where and why she is actually moving.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 2:21 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

It's the right website, just not a good example. We've already had a suggestion that Beachy Head is in West Sussex when it is in East Sussex. They are different counties, but Sussex police covers both.

It would help if the OP said where and why she is actually moving.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Location: Beautiful Garden Route of South Africa, hoping to return to equally beautiful Kent soon!
MagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really nice

Sorry, I'm chipping in
I know the OP, so I thought I'd answer for her as she doesn't seem to be on line atm. Her husband's job is in Burgess Hill.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 12:17 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MagsB
Sorry, I'm chipping in
I know the OP, so I thought I'd answer for her as she doesn't seem to be on line atm. Her husband's job is in Burgess Hill.
My sister used to live in Burgess Hill. The town itself is a bit ordinary; it has plenty of roundabouts and lots of bog standard suburban type properties, terraced, semis and detached, at reasonable prices. There's a Waitrose in the centre and an out of town Tesco. Has good railway links, to London, Brighton, Lewes, and beyond. But the best thing about the place is its environs ... nice nearby villages, Ashdown Forest, Weald, and of course the South Downs.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 6:43 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Burgess Hill is close to the border with East Sussex, so she should widen her horizons to East Sussex for places to live. Being childless, I can't advise on schools, but there are lots of places she could choose to live, depending on her budget. Safety really isn't an issue.

Burgess Hill is a nice place in itself, as Robin points out, if rather dull. Ditchling is gorgeous, if you have money.

My earlier quip about Balcombe wasn't completely in jest. There is test drilling there for oil. There is a lot of shale gas and oil under Sussex, and the possibility of more test sites elsewhere. If buying property in the area, it might be a good idea to look at the maps of shale gas, to avoid a nasty surprise later on:
http://frack-off.org.uk/locations/

The map indicates that if you are buying property, it would be a safer bet to buy south of Burgess Hill, rather than to the north.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 6:43 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Burgess Hill is close to the border with East Sussex, so she should widen her horizons to East Sussex for places to live. Being childless, I can't advise on schools, but there are lots of places she could choose to live, depending on her budget. Safety really isn't an issue.

Burgess Hill is a nice place in itself, as Robin points out, if rather dull. Ditchling is gorgeous, if you have money.

My earlier quip about Balcombe wasn't completely in jest. There is test drilling there for oil. There is a lot of shale gas and oil under Sussex, and the possibility of more test sites elsewhere. If buying property in the area, it might be a good idea to look at the maps of shale gas, to avoid a nasty surprise later on:
http://frack-off.org.uk/locations/

The map indicates that if you are buying property, it would be a safer bet to buy south of Burgess Hill, rather than to the north.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 2:44 am
Just Joined

pain_au_chocolat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
The real fun starts at the cake stalls. There has been many a duel fought over a prize fruit cake.
Too funny. Hated it when I lived there, miss the heck out of it now.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vwbabe
Hi all

We will be in England in the next month and moving to West Sussex. Please could you advise which are the nicest and safest areas to stay. We have a 3 year old toddler as well. Thanks
I was living in Horsham, its a lovely place. I did love the train station for easy access to London. I could drive to the coast within 30 mins as well.