Welcome to the 3 Borders Country !

Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Welcome to the 3 Borders Country !

In invite you to follow my discovery of the 3 Borders Country starting from Luxembourg, and then to neighbours countries such as France ( cities of Metz, Nancy, Strasbourg ), Germany ( city of Sarrebruck, etc ) et Belgium ( City of Namur, etc. ) ...

My first escapade was on a summerlike day with températures reaching +33° C. on this 05th September 2013 with a summer atmosphere on the terraces with people sipping cool drinks. A different atmosphere for sure in months to come when winter will have settled but nevertheless an enjoyable one

Here are my very first pictures of the 3 Borders Country with a visit of Luxembourg City starting from its beautiful Train Station ...

Karim
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute

Karim
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for following this first visit of Luxembourg City which I will invite you to further discover in the coming months and see you very soon for another escapade ...

Karim
Old Sep 9th 2013, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome to the 3 Borders Country !

Hi Karim, I enjoyed learning about Luxembourg and looking at your great photos. How was the rope trick done?

Looking forward to your next escapade
Old Sep 21st 2013, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much dear Sally

I apologise for not being around as much I would like too but I am a very busy boy these days

I will most definitely take you on new escapades around the 3 Borders Country very soon ...

Have a great week-end in LA !

Karim
Old Sep 21st 2013, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorian67

I apologise for not being around as much I would like too but I am a very busy boy these days

I will most definitely take you on new escapades around the 3 Borders Country very soon ...

Have a great week-end in LA !

Karim
Hi Karim

Busy is good! Have a great weekend yourself and I look forward to your next escapade!
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Welcome to the City of Metz !

Metz, the discreet ! This is how I would describe this City...

As opposed to its famous neighbour city Strasbourg, immediately recognizable through its black and white buildings, its Christmas Markets, gastrnomy and traditions, the Capital of the Lorraine region is not featured much in the news or even in the documentaries highlighting the beautiful régions of France. And this is a shame really as the Lorraine region has so much to be discovered and enjoyed by the Visitor, much more than the recipe of its namesake "quiche" or even the famous Mirabelle plum.

I am of a curious nature opened towards the world, but this is only last winter while I was watching the "Come Dine with Me" show set in Metz, that I was finally able to discover the Capital of Lorraine and its magnificent cathedral, telling myself that what had been only a name on a map until then was a place that really deserved to be visited if not enjoyed.

My coming to the 3 Borders Country allowed me to first visit Metz on a rainy day of the late Spring and as I explored the City for the first time, I immediately fell in love with it, for its humane dimension, its beautiful historical and pedestrian centre which gives a permanent Holiday feel to the place with its many picturesques bistrots, cafés and restaurants, enjoyed not only by the locals but also the nearby visitors from the neighbouring countries such as Luxembourg, Germany or Belgium.

The people from the Lorraine region are very warm and welcoming and always take pride in showing you around their town, which believe me from my well travelled experience, surely deserves a visit.

The Centre Pompidou with its 2 millions visitors since opening has established its Museum of Contemporary Art as the second most popular cultural destination in France, right after Le Louvres Museum. Not to forget the "Musée de la Cour d'Or" which célébrâtes the architectural treasures of the Medieval Metz present in the historic district all around the magnificent and imposing Saint Etienne Cathedral, offering France's largest glass surface for a Cathedral with no less than 6500m2 of fine stained glass Artworks.

From a railway station wich is an architectural treasure in itself, to the banks of the river Moselle so enjoyable in Summer with their many waterside bistrots and boat rides, to a historical centre which will delight all the amateurs of fine architecture and history, the popular Opera House, the dynamic calendar of exhibitions, cultural and musical events, the multitude of cafés, bistrots, tea rooms and restaurants which are a food heaven, to a memorable shopping experience through thecobbled Streets from the confidential tiny boutique the international brands, not to forget the sublime views over the Protestant Church of the Temple Neuf on its island, Metz will seduce you and utterly delight you.

Amongst my favorite adresses of this City which never ceases to surprise and enchant me, I recommend the tiny little Boulangerie Pidolle located in the heart of the magnificent Place Saint Louis and its esplanade, which makes the best Pâtés Lorrains in town, the fruits & vegetables shop "Prime Primeur" located nearby, the tea room "Namur" which célébrates its 150 anniversary this year and offers the yummyest selection of pastries ever, and finally the "Assiette au Bœuf" restaurant which offers without a doubt, the best view over Metz and the river where the friendly Henriette welcomes you for a very reasonable average ticket of less than 20 Euros per person including a starter ( wallnut salad with Foie Gras ) and a main course ( Fillet of Beef sauce Paradise with French fries ), a Must to discover.

I invite you to discover the City of Metz through my visit which took place an on exceptionally warm and sunny day, on October 19th with an average temperature of 22° celcius, real indian summer feel walking through the gardens of Place de la Comedie and having lunch outside on the terrace, by the water ...

Karim
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Welcome to the City of Metz !

Metz on the French Map

Map of the City of Metz

View of Metz from the Quai des Régates with the St Etienne Cathedral in the background

Place de la Comédie

Views of the St Etienne Cathédrale

The Protestant Church du Temple Neuf on its island

Karim
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What a delightful place! Thanks Karim
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much dear Sally for following my postcards

Have a great week-end in LA

Karim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.