Today is the day! Mrs T comes back

Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today is the day! Mrs T comes back

Oxford?????????? How could you? (being a Cambridge girl myself!)

Seriously for the job and hope it puts you in a position you are really happy with and then, as you say, you can go from there. Living in that area also gives Mrs T the prospect of working in London which will open up her opportunities far more too.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Oxford?????????? How could you? (being a Cambridge girl myself!)

Seriously for the job and hope it puts you in a position you are really happy with and then, as you say, you can go from there. Living in that area also gives Mrs T the prospect of working in London which will open up her opportunities far more too.

Thx. Where are now (just outside Guildford) puts London within easy reach as well as we have a main line station in the village. It's just a case of waiting to see what what will happen with me just in case she gets an offer that's not in London (which would be better really, but maybe not as likely).

I did forget to say that whilst at my interview (that was in a beautiful hotel coffee bar because that's where the Group Mgr prefers to work!) we got talking about Mrs T and I told him why she's just come back from Korea, and he was so impressed with the responsibility we have for FIL that he wanted to see Mrs T (who was waiting in another part of the hotel). He asked her about her accounting experience and wanted her CV to pass on to the finance guys and gave her his direct mobile# and email. So it's 'possible' that we could both end up working there.

And before anyone says 'nightmare' Mrs T and I met working for the same company in Sydney and spent many years after doing the same. We had one rule. Work talk takes place in the car going to work and coming home, after that the subject is out of bounds. Worked well.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of

Followed your threads for some time, so glad Mrs T is back and it sounds as if you both have everything under control and you are both singing from the same song sheet.

All the very best for your future.

Oh, and best of luck for your pending competition.