Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Those who have returned ...do you regret having emigrated in the first place?

Those who have returned ...do you regret having emigrated in the first place?

Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:50 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Those who have returned ...do you regret having emigrated in the first place?

Originally Posted by folic
Agree with the above posts. Also, when we moved to Sydney after decades on the Gold Coast, I nearly fell over when went grocery shopping on arrival in Sydney. Bought the same items, yet in Sydney, I was paying close to a third more for them. Everything here is more expensive than in Queensland: stamp duty when we purchased a home, car rego, utilities bills, etc.

However, when we spent a few weeks on the Gold Coast recently, with an eye to buying something up there again, we noticed the Coast seems to have followed the capital cities and was on a par with Sydney prices as far as groceries and other items was concerned. I have my own theories about what's going on, but this isn't the forum for them.

The truth is, if someone is living comfortably in the UK, then they'll very probably have the resources to live comfortably in Australia. But, for those who're really struggling in the UK and therefore don't have much to bring to Oz, then they'll very probably struggle here, too. I agree you need a lot to get you started when you first arrive more important now with the current econmy

I know that's not what those considering emigrating want to hear, but better to hear it before you move than after. well said

Long-term Aussies have been scratching their heads re: the alleged 'skills shortages' the government has been waffling on about for years as justification for bringing in more Asian and African unskilled migrants. What sort of 'skills shortage' situation can exist simultaneous with loads of long-term unemployed Aussies ?

The fact is, the Aussie government (controlled as it is by zionists abroad) wants to ramp up the Australian population by fair means or foul.

The banks have been dumping very experienced Aussie staff for years, under one guise after another, after which they've filled those places with Chinese and Indians. Customers have definitely felt the difference and few have felt it's been for the better.

In the past ten years, Aussies have had to become accustomed to a huge reduction in experienced Aussie supermarket employees, who've been replaced almost entirely by Indians. Again, the average Aussie preferred things the way they were. And ask: ' Why did this happen? Why doesn't Australia put it's own first ? '

So in other words, in my observation, there's been a concerted campaign to make Aussies redundant, in order to justify bringing in overseas migrants from the sub-continent and China -- most of whom have/had language difficulties and who are/were not skilled.

A lot of those Aussies forced from their jobs are/were unable (for all the above reasons) to find similar work elsewhere and become 'long term unemployed' and have been shuffled from one version of welfare to the next in order to fudge the unemployment figures. Many in their late 40s and in their 50s know they will never work again, unless they sell the house and 'buy themselves a job' i.e. open a small business knowing (because the government advises them so) that a small business goes broke, on average, every 11 minutes in Australia (at least I think that's the rule of thumb).

Australia continues to advertise in Britain, claiming there are loads of positions vacant in Australia which due to the 'skills shortage', cannot be filled by Aussies. But basically, it would appear there is substantial voter backlash at the huge number of non-English speaking unskilled migrants being brought into the country, which they periodically pretend to address by allowing UK migrants in. But it seems to me that Brit migrants are made by the Aussie government to jump through hoops of fire in order to get into Australia, while at the same time, unskilled Asians and Africans are brought in under the auspices of 'front' charitable and church organisations, behind which lurk the Usual Suspects.

Trust me .... Aussies would be happy to see millions of Brits come to Australia, to balance out the millions of non-english speaking, unskilled foreign migrant numbers ! Yes ... we would love to see a lot more Brits in Australia ! (this despite all the research showed, 20 years ago, that the maximum sustainable population in this land was 13 million). But ... as the puppet Aussie government seems hell-bent on creating water and resource shortages through unsustainable population numbers .. then the average Aussie would vote for Brit migrants every time.

At the same time, no Aussie would willingly advise a struggling Brit family to lay their futures, their peace of mind and every cent they possess on the line, if Australia cannot offer them at least a basic job and a basic home. No-one with any conscience would do that. Yet the Australian government seems to be doing it.( I agree and have asked the same my self of course they want us to apply for a visa!!! they want the money may be need it now!!as well most expats are after selling a house and have a fair amount of savings behind them, it doesn't matter if there are no jobs for them long term)

For anyone considering moving to Australia -- do your research. Force yourself to look at the real picture. Listen to those who're trying to warn you. They're not doing it and risking making themselves unpopular in here for the fun of it. They don't gain anything from it. They're trying to save you from pain.

The Aussie government, like virtually every other government, does not tell the truth when it comes to unemployment. They juggle the figures. They put people on various welfare and training schemes as a way of eliminating them from the unemployment statistics. Yes, the Aussie government will lie to you. Those who live here and who are struggling or who have struggled can be relied upon far more than the Aussie government.

So don't see what you want to see when you research Australia. Stare the truth in the face. Consider the worst possible scenario and ask yourself if you can deal with that and if so, then sure, proceed. But 'living a dream', 'having an adventure' or 'seeking better lifestyle' will feel like ashes in your mouth if you can't put a roof over your family's heads or feed your children. And the beach will be precious little consolation for humiliation, hunger, desperation, and the feel of only a handful of change in your pocket at Christmas.
we know exactly what you mean about Christmas,

wise words
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:58 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Those who have returned ...do you regret having emigrated in the first place?

Originally Posted by kporte
Kapri, I would think long and hard, especially in the current climate. My wife and I are very happy here and have "made it in Oz" as another poster put it. We love most things about the place and have not experienced very many, if any of the negatives mentioned by previous posters. The quality of life here is superb.
The thing is I loved the UK too. Much of our satisfaction about life here has been brought about by sea changes we made personally with the move and if we really applied ourselves we could well have achieved the same in the UK, minus the weather of course
The UK is a first rate country, stocked by first rate people, so try to look past the current negativity there, and reevaluate your lives and what you can do to improve it. By all means look at emigration further down the line, and as someone whose life has improved immeasurably since moving, I would recommend it - but it is not a cure all.
Try to see through the unbalanced posts too. people will knock both Aus and the UK, but the fact is that both offer amazing opportunities and a high standard of life. But.... Which is for you? The $ 64,000 question!
For us Aus has afforded me a career change that would have been unlikely to have occured in the UK. We love the climate and the people. There are many flaws but they are not flaws that are deal breakers for us.
Whatever you do, do not base your choices on the "Britain is awful" scenario. It simply is not true.
Well said
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:15 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

You've also got to consider how any move out of your current life will change you, not necessarily make you happy though.
One thing that happens to many people is that for some they grow into their new life without really enjoying it. But....then they go back to their old life in the UK and realise that they've grown out of that so they end up feeling lost in limbo with neither life feeling right.

Personally, although it's just my own opinion, I think you've got to work out what's missing in your life and see if you can fill the gap where you are. That way, you'll probably find that you can experiment, travel around, live life as an adventure but generally feel happy anywhere without getting trapped in that limbo feeling and then up miserable because you ping pong backwards and forwards not knowing where you really want to be. Be happy in yourself first.
Just my thoughts but I'm happy in my life and could live in either the UK or Oz. I think both are great countries with a lot to offer.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:22 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by islandergirl
That's cool I always take these things with a hefty pinch of salt too, I put the up there with the quizzes in Cosmo about who your ideal celebrity hookup would be.

kporte we can agree that living in Aus is good and living in the UK is also good.

I have to point out to most people that moving to Aus once the novelty wears off is generally the same old grind as the UK - unless you go and work as a lifeguard, or at a winery or something radically different that can only be done in Aus.
Absolutely. the same shit DIFFERENT bucket, not neccesarily shinier
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by kporte
Absolutely. the same shit DIFFERENT bucket, not neccesarily shinier

very true that what my Dh says as well.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I've not been on here for ages as we have decided against the move as well. My husband suggested going after we'd spent a month on holiday there. We did a lot of research and decided to go for it. Then last year after we'd sent the application off he decided that he really didn't want to go. We spent so long talking and arguing about it but all along we said if one of us didn't want to go then we wouldn't. We always said it had to be a joint decision and something that we were both fully committed to.

I was mad with him to start with and then upset. I think I am the same as you and it became my dream but wasn't his. I was looking on the bright side of it all and thinking of all the positive things to moving there but he was was thinking of all the negatives.

We have a fair bit of equity in our house although obviously not as much as last year. I think we would have been OK if we had both got jobs quite quickly. If that didn't happen and we had to live on the money we took with us we would soon be skint. Then if we decided to come back home we'd have nothing.

At the moment we both have quite good, secure jobs and are comfortable. If we went and couldn't get decent jobs quite quickly we'd struggle.

I still want to go and bring it up every so often but he is adamant that we should stay here. I can see where he is coming from but it doesn't stop me from dreaming about going even though I'm sure it won't be all I've dreamed about.

I want to go and at least give it a try. I don't want to spend the rest of my life wondering what might have been but if we do go and it doesn't work we'd be skint. My husband is the sensible one and thinks we should stay here but i want to go and experience it. I don't want to regret not going whereas my husband thinks it might be the mistake we ever make. I have been trying to convince him that it could be the best thing we ever do but so far I'm not having a lot of luck.

For now though we are staying put. My cousin and his family moved to Adelaide 2.5 years ago and I have spoken to him lot about it and from his point of view it isn't all its cracked up to be.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:31 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

TeresaG, I'm all for having adventures and expanding our lives, but why Australia? I'm wondering if you can find some other adventure. A second home on the Continent, or some really great exploratory holidays. Or even a personal journey such as going to university, taking serious courses in music, silversmithing, acupuncture, flying. All kinds of things.

Just wondering.

Bev
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:46 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeresaG
I've not been on here for ages as we have decided against the move as well. My husband suggested going after we'd spent a month on holiday there. We did a lot of research and decided to go for it. Then last year after we'd sent the application off he decided that he really didn't want to go. We spent so long talking and arguing about it but all along we said if one of us didn't want to go then we wouldn't. We always said it had to be a joint decision and something that we were both fully committed to.

I was mad with him to start with and then upset. I think I am the same as you and it became my dream but wasn't his. I was looking on the bright side of it all and thinking of all the positive things to moving there but he was was thinking of all the negatives.

We have a fair bit of equity in our house although obviously not as much as last year. I think we would have been OK if we had both got jobs quite quickly. If that didn't happen and we had to live on the money we took with us we would soon be skint. Then if we decided to come back home we'd have nothing.

At the moment we both have quite good, secure jobs and are comfortable. If we went and couldn't get decent jobs quite quickly we'd struggle.

I still want to go and bring it up every so often but he is adamant that we should stay here. I can see where he is coming from but it doesn't stop me from dreaming about going even though I'm sure it won't be all I've dreamed about.

I want to go and at least give it a try. I don't want to spend the rest of my life wondering what might have been but if we do go and it doesn't work we'd be skint. My husband is the sensible one and thinks we should stay here but i want to go and experience it. I don't want to regret not going whereas my husband thinks it might be the mistake we ever make. I have been trying to convince him that it could be the best thing we ever do but so far I'm not having a lot of luck.

For now though we are staying put. My cousin and his family moved to Adelaide 2.5 years ago and I have spoken to him lot about it and from his point of view it isn't all its cracked up to be.

If you know you'd struggle if you didn't get jobs here, then you would be in trouble.
Also, you need to know what it is you're looking for before you make such a massive life change. If you're looking for a mind numbing, chill out experience where you don't have to think hard, and if you like the idea of beach, barbeques, small talk, sport and who does the best nail extensions, then Australia is great for all of this. I'm not criticising but I've been here 51/2 years and this is how life is mostly. It's what makes Australia. Their main influence is themselves, sport and more sport hence the reason why it's often described as a man's country. Great for the guys.

If you're looking for more mental stimulation or just a change of scenery, then maybe Spain, Greece, France or Portugal. Whatever, you don't have to give up your dream but maybe do more research first and don't burn all your bridges to come to a country which is brilliant at advertising and marketing the dream lifestyle but forgets to show you the reality. It's often a dry dustbowl, costs a fortune to live here and so far they don't even have a Bill of Rights which means if the government say you're wrong, you stay wrong.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all

Job availability is very much dependent on where you choose to settle in terms of state and city, and naturally what occupations you are both in. Do not forget that this is a very large and diverse land in terms of people, employment and climate. So whilst QLD or NSW may suite some VIC or TAS may suite others. Personally QLD, NT & WA would not be my first choice. That said, for us Australia has at times been a great adventure, and the country has been generally good to us, as have the people with their can do attitude. We have lived here 13 years and are based on the fringes of Sydney. I do not consider where we live to be as costly (relative wise) as the UK by any stretch, and we are currently able to live from one salary while we raise our toddler. Something I doubt we could do in the UK.

Also if you are not fluent in another language then you have the added benefit of OZ being an English-speaking nation.

Unless you were considering moving to the same part of SA your cousins views probably have little bearing as do mine, so I doubt you will find many answers through a 'Returning to the UK forum'. That said maybe that itch needs to be scratched. Remember living overseas does not have to be forever.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by TeresaG

Last edited by ahappychappy; Apr 24th 2009 at 3:54 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 2:19 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

The fact is, the Aussie government (controlled as it is by zionists abroad) wants to ramp up the Australian population by fair means or foul.
You know - if you put tin foil on your head, it keeps the aliens from 'talking' to you. P.S.

The banks have been dumping very experienced Aussie staff for years, under one guise after another, after which they've filled those places with Chinese and Indians... blah blah blah ... conspiracy ... xenophobia ... the half-formed thoughts of a fragile little mind .... more conspiracy ... bit more xenophobia for good measure ...
Do you seriously believe that bollocks? Fact is, I'd be happy to see an Indian or Chinese face looking back at me from behind the counter in one of our local banks, because all I do see is white Australians ... and I'm wondering if there's echoes of the white Australia policy (which I assume you're in favour of) at work here.

So - just to paraphrase your 'points' - Australia is buggered because of the filthy jews (controlling the media and indeed the whole goverment), the pakis (for throwing the entire banking profession out on their ears), the chinkies (for setting up cheap eateries and throwing the entire professional battererd sav and chicken salt professionals out on their ears) and the blacks - for ermm - being here first? Did I get that right?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:04 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

At the same time, no Aussie would willingly advise a struggling Brit family to lay their futures, their peace of mind and every cent they possess on the line, if Australia cannot offer them at least a basic job and a basic home. No-one with any conscience would do that. Yet the Austraian government seems to be doing it.
An interesting post.

Regarding the bit that I've quoted, I prefer to look at it this way. The government is giving people the opportunity to start a new life in Australia. It's making no solid promises, just showing the lifestyles of those who settled there and came out trumps. Anyone who satisfies the criteria can try but it's up to the successful applicants to pay their own way, formulate their personal strategies and take the risk.

It's a bit like starting your own business or going into farming: Only a tiny proportion of those who try it succeed but those who do succeed have proven that they have got what it takes. It's a form of natural selection really.

Admittedly, if this was a generation ago the government could have been considered as behaving in a reckless and unethical manner. But in this day and age where there's such a wealth of sharing of opinions/information to the point that you can almost taste the dream (or potential nightmare) without even visiting the country. I would consider that the government is just opening the door and leaving it to us to determine whether we sink or swim.

The most important thing to realise is today it's a lot harder to be successful than it has been at any time during the past 30 or so years. It's definitely not for the faint hearted or the unprepared.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi folks

I spent 2 years researching Australia and was almost at the end of the visa apllication when family circumstances meant I had to drop it. My OH told me he was relieved, that he hadn't really wanted to go at all.
He is quite right when he says it would be financial madness. Although, as a nurse, I would be fine for work his job doesn't transfer and he would have to pick up unskilled work or spend at least 2 years retraining. i would also have to take a step back in my career.
Despite all this I can't stop thinking about going. I feel that even if we ended up coming back at least we would have had the experience. He is adamant that it would leave us broke (it would!)and therefore is a risk not worth taking.
I think I'm mad for still thinking about Australia ....but I can't help it
As people who have emigrated then returned what are your thoughts?
Like you I am a nurse we moved to WA in January 2003. I initially had to take a step back in my career, pay wise, but had a change of direction as well and did not mind the reduced salary. Within a year I had been promoted and I was taking home a very good salary by the time I left Oz.

As people have said in this thread life goes on, you still go to work, pay the rent/mortgage, pay the bills, do the shopping, washing, cleaning, cooking and ironing. I will always maintain that life was easier out there though. We moved back because I missed family and friends. Our salaries went much further out there and we had a good standard of living. Of course we moved out there when house prices in Perth were much cheaper, so we did very well financially when we sold our house.

We are not settled back here and are semi considering moving back to Oz, but I am not blinkered and know that house prices are much higher now. People say that they have dropped, but I cannot see much of a drop on the real estate websites. The British pound would not go very far out there, at this time either.

We would not have returned here in March last year if we had had a crystal ball, but we are here and trying to make the best of it. However, likewise I would not move out to Oz at this time. If you have jobs and financial stability here, I would stay put for now.

I would recommend that if you decide to give Oz as go, you rent out your house and go for say 12 months. Try and take a career break, so you leave your options open.

Some people move to Oz and never look back, others struggle with home sickness, finding a job, feeling displaced.

At the end of the day you have to go with your heart to a certain extent and life is an adventure, that you only live once. Just remember to use your head and leave yourself options.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by paulry
An interesting post.

Regarding the bit that I've quoted, I prefer to look at it this way. The government is giving people the opportunity to start a new life in Australia. It's making no solid promises, just showing the lifestyles of those who settled there and came out trumps. Anyone who satisfies the criteria can try but it's up to the successful applicants to pay their own way, formulate their personal strategies and take the risk.

It's a bit like starting your own business or going into farming: Only a tiny proportion of those who try it succeed but those who do succeed have proven that they have got what it takes. It's a form of natural selection really.

Admittedly, if this was a generation ago the government could have been considered as behaving in a reckless and unethical manner. But in this day and age where there's such a wealth of sharing of opinions/information to the point that you can almost taste the dream (or potential nightmare) without even visiting the country. I would consider that the government is just opening the door and leaving it to us to determine whether we sink or swim.

The most important thing to realise is today it's a lot harder to be successful than it has been at any time during the past 30 or so years. It's definitely not for the faint hearted or the unprepared.
Good post! I agree with you and for sure, everyone today has a much easier chance of being successful wherever they are. I don't believe the Australian government sets out to deliberately mislead people into moving here. I do believe people get angry and upset when they move here then realise it's not for them. But no one twisted their arm.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
TeresaG, I'm all for having adventures and expanding our lives, but why Australia? I'm wondering if you can find some other adventure. A second home on the Continent, or some really great exploratory holidays. Or even a personal journey such as going to university, taking serious courses in music, silversmithing, acupuncture, flying. All kinds of things.

Just wondering.

Bev
Has often been my exact thoughts as for all the positives Australia has just how adventurous is it really?
Britain has a superb location with first class connections at affordable prices that allow people to reach any far flung destination.
And many so possibilities possible to under take in Europe from living to having a business and every thing in between.
Even the great diversity within the British Isles all within easy access at least in comparison with Australia.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute

You know it's one of those, that I really needed to be away to appreciate home.

Thinking back on why I left, I see now it was really only about landing a job that I thought would be the bees knees.

Now I've realised that my parents, siblings, etc are more important.

I'll be back in the UK at some point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.