Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Those returning dont have the 'right attitude'

Those returning dont have the 'right attitude'

Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:02 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those returning dont have the 'right attitude'

Originally Posted by Badge
Doesn't the EU make it sexist for women to retire at a different age to men? I thought it was uniform 60/65. I did EU law at Uni, can't remember a thing now..

Badge

I know my sister in law (in the UK) who is 15 years older than her fiance, can NOT get HER company pension until he retires if they marry!!! Now that is sexist!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pants
And why are you??

that would be telling
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
Sorry, but I can't believe your winging about people winging, whats the point, your back - it did not work thats fine your happy now and I think that's all that matter's but why bother coming on here and winging about it, no wonder the Australians hate 'winging Poms'
As mentioned to you before, this is the Moving back to the UK section.

Immigration is not for everyone and this forum is for those that are moving back or have moved back and want to share their experiences and connect with others in a similar situation. Your looking to move out of the UK so I fail to see why you continue to post in the "Moving back to the UK" section.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sue
As mentioned to you before, this is the Moving back to the UK section.

Immigration is not for everyone and this forum is for those that are moving back or have moved back and want to share their experiences and connect with others in a similar situation. Your looking to move out of the UK so I fail to see why you continue to post in the "Moving back to the UK" section.

I was expressing my opinion, as they were expressing theirs is that allowed?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by janeyray
Don't be sorry, you have nothing to be sorry for.

Are you or are you not...whinging about me, whinging about other people whinging?

LOL!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:14 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I was expressing my opinion, as they were expressing theirs is that allowed?
I don't think most reasonable people here would suggest someone is not allowed to express their opinion.

If I'm reading the recent posts correctly, people are trying to understand your motivation for coming on this board. I live in the US, and rarely visit the sections related to other parts of the world, for example (and in fact have heard several reasons on here that make me absolutely NOT interested in reading the Australia section - but that's a whole different story!)

So, if you are leaving the U.K., just why do you come onto this section of the site? Or is it some big, dark secret?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I don't think most reasonable people here would suggest someone is not allowed to express their opinion.

If I'm reading the recent posts correctly, people are trying to understand your motivation for coming on this board. I live in the US, and rarely visit the sections related to other parts of the world, for example (and in fact have heard several reasons on here that make me absolutely NOT interested in reading the Australia section - but that's a whole different story!)

So, if you are leaving the U.K., just why do you come onto this section of the site? Or is it some big, dark secret?
No but Wildmark has an advantage over us in that as he lives in the UK he knows everything there is too know about living abroad.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:32 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
No but Wildmark has an advantage over us in that as he lives in the UK he knows everything there is too know about living abroad.

mmmh a true Alan Whicker on our forum...!!!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ladylisa

I don't know everything but I have lived abroad, is that OK

Oh boy there all coming out of the woodwork now eh
Old Sep 28th 2005, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know everything but I have lived abroad, is that OK

Oh boy there all coming out of the woodwork now eh
You're the one who comes out of the woodwork every now and then to criticize people who are generally sharing their feelings and trying to support each other. Of course you're welcome to express an opinion but you seem to be the only person on here who can't do so without irritating everyone else.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeremai
You're the one who comes out of the woodwork every now and then to criticize people who are generally sharing their feelings and trying to support each other. Of course you're welcome to express an opinion but you seem to be the only person on here who can't do so without irritating everyone else.

...and as always the nasty, snotty remarks start to descend!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 6:25 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Mark...you bring it on...!!!! sorry but you just do...!!! its like you want to argue the toss with everyone regardless....

reputation......

thanks for the titter Karma too...nice one...!!!

Last edited by Pants; Sep 28th 2005 at 6:29 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:37 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

So, Wildmark, if you are leaving the U.K., just why do you come onto this section of the site? Or is it some big, dark secret?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:51 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by kendodd
I wish we did have wings - then we'd all fly home.....

as for 'whingeing' poms.....
If you want to go home they have things called ' Aeroplanes' that fly for you, you don't actually need your own wings.
(Q) How do you know when a plane load of Poms have landed in OZ?
(A) The engines have stopped but you can still hear the Whining.

Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving

Wildmark posted he and the wife had lived in canada but returned to the UK something to do with his wife missing family. I imagine the posts of people feeling isolated and cut off from family in australia must really concern him then given australias about three times the distance and airfare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.