Those English Summer Traditions

Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:42 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those English Summer Traditions

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I would have never thought to add gin to Pimms but it sounds like a good idea....

How much/many measures of gin do you put in compared to the measures of Pimms and ginger beer then?

As an aside....I had no idea that Long Island iced tea was alcoholic....my (then) 16 year old daughter used to order it for herself when we were dining out when we lived in Singapore and I just assumed it was just a sort of sweetened iced tea....!
We do one and half gin to one part Pimms. Add slices of celery, cucumber, apple, lemon, lime and a few sprigs of mint. A load of ice and top it off with ginger beer - the strongest you can get. It's bleedin lovely

Thanks for the heads up on duty free. Will look out for it next time I go.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
By the way, I shall be in your British neck of the woods next week, I shall say hello to it for you!
Oh! you lucky devil!...found swindonweb online,loads of pics of my two fav places ..Queens Park and Lawn Woods...brought tears to my eyes!....Sophia
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:06 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
By the way, I shall be in your British neck of the woods next week, I shall say hello to it for you!
Have a great time. How long are you going for?

Good time to go with the World Cup and Wimbledon being on.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:30 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Have a great time. How long are you going for?

Good time to go with the World Cup and Wimbledon being on.

Thanks!
We're only going for 1 1/2 weeks because I have to get back to work (dammit! ). Oh well, it's better than not going home at all. Although, now I've said that, I've not been feeling very well and neither has the youngster so the thought of travelling right now is not filling me with joy. Hopefully we'll be feeling better in a couple of days.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
As in Rupert Brookes (the poet)?

I wonder what Brookes rhymes with......?

O meet it is
And passing sweet
To live in peace with others!
But sweeter still
And far more meet
To die in war for brothers!

(Rupert Brooke 1887-1915)

Old Jun 25th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.littlerbritain.co.uk/