Things my mother lied to me about

Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of
Default Re: Things my mother lied to me about

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Mum told me not to have a cold glass of water after having a hot bath and not to wash my hair during my period.

And to think of the starving children in Africa if I couldn't eat all of my dinner which to me seemed totally stupid to stuff my face once I was full - it was still technically wasting it and after all, you can't exactly post the food to Africa - it would be mouldy by the time it got there.

i remember mum telling me not to have a bath during a period or go swimming as i would get water in my womb and it would swell up and kill me..
and when i was pregnant Not to stretch up to get things of shelves as the cord would strangle the baby.

dont sit on the radiators as it causes piles..lol
too much t.v. causes square eyes..

carole
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rabsody
Must have worked though, my daughter didn't even blink, "thought you said it would be a bit sore Mum? Didn't feel a thing".

Minx
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:11 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

My friends mum told her to NEVER go to the dentist while pregnant as lying down in the dentist chair is dangerous.

The dentist however told her that 3 monthly scale and polishes during pregnancy are essential to keep the gums healthy.

My sister never went to the dentist in her pregnancy and lost 3 teeth.

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

auntannie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I'm not very well today (all together now, ahhh ) although better to be sick now rather than in 4 weeks when I go to the UK.

Started to to think about my Mother's home spun health remedies all those years ago. Things I have learned that dear old Mum was a tad economical with the truth about:

Rubbing butter into a bump on the head does absolutely nothing except make your hair smell.

My grandmother did that to me & my brother so much - She did have a stock pile though in her cupboard, along with the corned beef and sugar......She was always convinced there was going to be a shortage!!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

My mum told me that you forget the pain of childbirth the moment the baby is put in your arms. Well Mother, it's been 15 years and I still wake up screaming in terror.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:42 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic Princess
My mum told me that you forget the pain of childbirth the moment the baby is put in your arms. Well Mother, it's been 15 years and I still wake up screaming in terror.
My friend said exactly the same thing, that she will never ever forget that pain and more to the point, would never and has never gone through it again since.

She also said she was made to feel abnormal for saying that one was enough and she would never forget it.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic Princess
Hahha, that's what my mum said. I was really shocked first time round by just how bad it actually was Second time I was in there when contractions were about 2 hours apart asking for an epidural
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I was smothering in Vicks including some smeared under my nose.
but that one works - or at least makes you feel better
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:18 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshirelass
LMAO -- they're all bringing back some memories. I think my Mum said most of them at one stage or another.

What about . . . . if you swallow that bubble gum, it will stick in your stomach forever. Is this true? Not sure I've ever found out!
no it doesn't

it gets tangled around your appendix
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

if you keep chewing your hair you will have a hariy banana growing in your tummy
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DebraH
if you keep chewing your hair you will have a hariy banana growing in your tummy
Now that's just silly, everyone knows that the hair will wrap round your heart and you'll die!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

she probably forgot that one
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

There have been cases though where chronic hair chewers had to be operated on to remove a hairball. Urghhh.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
There have been cases though where chronic hair chewers had to be operated on to remove a hairball. Urghhh.
mingers!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

More to the point, there are a lot of things my mother told me that she was indeed, telling the truth about:

She is ALWAYS right (she is), she would give me something to cry about (she did), that she loves me unconditionally (she does), that I will say the same things to my daughter (I do).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.