The Ten Quid Pom Returns

Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:17 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Ten Quid Pom Returns

Safe travels ! I'm so excited for you..and as a Wigan lass myself I know how you feel. I too left in 1969..did you leave on a ship or fly? We actually sailed from Southampton to Western Australian on the Oriana way back when..lol
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

passthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud of

In honour of your move to the most excellent of the shires ( except for Yorkshire of course) thought you might like this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfS97WcRwI

Hope your move goes really well. (:
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by passthevalium
In honour of your move to the most excellent of the shires ( except for Yorkshire of course) thought you might like this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfS97WcRwI

Hope your move goes really well. (:
Video is blocked in the USA
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Just a quick update:

38: The number of days before I retire..

80: The number of days before I get on a plane to blighty.....

81: The number of days before I am sat in the snug of the Sawley Arms eating rare roast beef with yorkshire pud and washing it down with a coupla pints of real ale.....

After that, we are going to buy a car and caravan and spend a coupla years beach combing and basically driving from Manchester to Burnley via Morrocco, Crete, Bodram and St Petersburgh with a coupla thousand places in between......

And then? aaaaah whatever!!

Brilliant!! Love to hear how it all goes! Im off in two weeks but Ive only been here 7 years.... All the very best to you!!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

PS

3.5 days left at work

16 days till I fly out

17 days till Im sat in The Jolly Taxpayer having a vino with mum and Auntie Moo!!

Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Safe travels ! I'm so excited for you..and as a Wigan lass myself I know how you feel. I too left in 1969..did you leave on a ship or fly? We actually sailed from Southampton to Western Australian on the Oriana way back when..lol
Aaaah, upper crust we were

Flew into Essendon airport the year before they opened Tullamarine..

My first thoughts as a twelve year old...

Where's Skippy?, I expected to see kangaroos hopping alongside the plane.

Yellow blocks in the bottom of the mens urinal. Never seen em' before and thought the bloke who had been in there before me needed ta see a doctor...

Getting on a tram, buying a ticket and telling the conductor to (seriously) "keep the change"

Thinking Australians had a speech impediment because everytime they said my name (John) it came out as Pom.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
PS

3.5 days left at work

16 days till I fly out

17 days till Im sat in The Jolly Taxpayer having a vino with mum and Auntie Moo!!

Bless ya little cotton socks... good luck and have one for me will ya...
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bless ya little cotton socks... good luck and have one for me will ya...
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:00 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kampaicharger

Yellow blocks in the bottom of the mens urinal. Never seen em' before and thought the bloke who had been in there before me needed ta see a doctor...

Getting on a tram, buying a ticket and telling the conductor to (seriously) "keep the change"

Thinking Australians had a speech impediment because everytime they said my name (John) it came out as Pom.
LOL. Gosh that sounds so familiar . Even now I still get asked if kangaroos hop free in the streets and koalas are up every telephone pole lol
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:35 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Lol! When I worked in the outback the local fireman/garage owner/mechanic used to have to go out and clear the runway of roos before the Royal Flying Doctors Service plane landed!

Hope you have an amazing time both back in Blighty and in Europe, keep counting down! Me? After today 42 shifts to go - woo hoo!

Wishing you safe and happy travels!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Thank you one and all for your good wishes...

Course you realise that the other side of the coin is that I am driving the missus nut's by talking like a reject from a 1950' "Carry On" film saying things like...

"ere luv, am joost poppin' up t'pub fer a quick un, it'd be reet grand if'n yer'd loike ter cum along n' aaaaarl buy yer a half"

I'm thinking of buying myself a cloth cap and makin a right berk o' meself..
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:30 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Thank you one and all for your good wishes...

Course you realise that the other side of the coin is that I am driving the missus nut's by talking like a reject from a 1950' "Carry On" film saying things like...

"ere luv, am joost poppin' up t'pub fer a quick un, it'd be reet grand if'n yer'd loike ter cum along n' aaaaarl buy yer a half"

I'm thinking of buying myself a cloth cap and makin a right berk o' meself..
Now that would make a good 'You Tube' moment.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:33 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Talking Re: The Ten Quid Pom Returns

Someone sent this to me the other day....and as I'm a Wigan lass I thought I'd share it....makes me homesick!

http://youtu.be/1_cnZs_5Uqw
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:36 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Someone sent this to me the other day....and as I'm a Wigan lass I thought I'd share it....makes me homesick!

http://youtu.be/1_cnZs_5Uqw
Lol! That was fab. I must confess I have a bit of a soft spot for Wigan, such a friendly place and I love that big fancy dress party they have on Boxing Day every year - wonder if they still do it?
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:31 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Lol! That was fab. I must confess I have a bit of a soft spot for Wigan, such a friendly place and I love that big fancy dress party they have on Boxing Day every year - wonder if they still do it?
As far as I know they still do I know everyone was still having a ball dressing up on Boxing Day 2011, so I would presume it was still going on this past year too. It's such a fun thing and been going on for too long now to suddenly stop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.