State Retirement Pension

Old Mar 18th 2021, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default State Retirement Pension

DWP just wrote to tell me my pension is now £143.91 weekly. Thanks to Attendance Allowance, Disability Premium and Housing Benefit it is boosted to a level that allows me to survive in my dotage. Concessionart Travel plus NHS are also a boon.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State Retirement Pension

Good to know all those years of paying tax weren’t wasted after all!
Old Mar 19th 2021, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Paying National Insurance is what gets the Pension. Tax just goes to fund foreign wars and gets you no brownie points ! But yes. I mam reaping the reawrds of paying NI Contributions. Many were on a voluntary basis when I was working in Africa. The Middle East and the Balkans.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Paying National Insurance is what gets the Pension. Tax just goes to fund foreign wars and gets you no brownie points ! But yes. I mam reaping the reawrds of paying NI Contributions. Many were on a voluntary basis when I was working in Africa. The Middle East and the Balkans.
Thank God you had the foresight to keep up with the contributions!

I look forward to receiving my first payment next week, just 5 months after claiming!

Last edited by scrubbedexpat142; Mar 19th 2021 at 4:02 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought tax paid for the NHS.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 5:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Paying National Insurance is what gets the Pension. Tax just goes to fund foreign wars and gets you no brownie points !
Originally Posted by Helen1964
I thought tax paid for the NHS.
Plus Attendance Allowance, Disability Premium and Housing Benefit.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The difference between Contributory and Non-contributory. Top marks for all those who know the difference !
Old May 20th 2021, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Chriscro is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucky you ! I claimed in November, received my documents back in early January, after that nothing.... when they failed to pay my pension as requested I filled in the online form, which states they respond in 10 working days, a Month on still nothing ....
Old May 20th 2021, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chriscro
Lucky you ! I claimed in November, received my documents back in early January, after that nothing.... when they failed to pay my pension as requested I filled in the online form, which states they respond in 10 working days, a Month on still nothing ....
I had the same issue with the online contact, never heard back. Funnily enough my docs were returned within a few weeks of sending in, then the long wait began!
Old May 20th 2021, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Expatrick
I had the same issue with the online contact, never heard back. Funnily enough my docs were returned within a few weeks of sending in, then the long wait began!
How did you get them to pay up ?
Old May 20th 2021, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

How did you get them to pay up ?
You have to phone them. This requires persistence as you have to navigate the menus - and then hope to join the queue - and then wait for an answer! It's the only way!
Old May 20th 2021, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

You have to phone them. This requires persistence as you have to navigate the menus - and then hope to join the queue - and then wait for an answer! It's the only way!
Thanks for the advice.

They should just settle claims correctly, 5.5 Months and no payment or response to the claim or online form, did it take just one phone call to get them to pay up ?
Old May 20th 2021, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the advice.

They should just settle claims correctly, 5.5 Months and no payment or response to the claim or online form, did it take just one phone call to get them to pay up ?
Well, the first phone call seemed to trigger setting it up, however it took 3 more to sort out actually paying the money correctly, and that's another story! Also letters from DWP take at least 28 days to reach you (well, Hungary anyway) & payments 8 working days!

Normal world - post UK > Hungary, 2 days, bank transfers, 24 hours max!
Old May 20th 2021, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Well, the first phone call seemed to trigger setting it up, however it took 3 more to sort out actually paying the money correctly, and that's another story! Also letters from DWP take at least 28 days to reach you (well, Hungary anyway) & payments 8 working days!

Normal world - post UK > Hungary, 2 days, bank transfers, 24 hours max!
Wow, that’s a terrible indictment of how International DWP works or rather doesn’t work.....
Old May 22nd 2021, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

International DWP is the most incompetent part of an incompetent British Govn.I think.My pension had been paid into my Spanish Bank for several years.Then,without warning it was stopped ,no letter,no explanation,nada.As I had some cash in hand for my everyday needs I did not notice this until 3 months later & actually wrote a letter to Theresa Coffey,head of DWP,to ask for an explanation since this was an Entitlement,not a Welfare payment graciously approved by her department & even so,should not have been cancelled without some explained reason.I believe I was so angry because I had just read about some poor elderly lady who had had a benefit stopped,later found to be "a mistake" & had ended her life in despair.The outcome was an acknowledgement that"Lessons have been learned".Of course it was a minion,not Ms.Coffey who replied sometime later in early 2020 to say that an answer to my query would be addressed but due to the pandemic there would be a delay.To this date I am still waiting,although my payments were promptly re-instated.Then I changed my address & ,again wrote a letter to the International DWP to inform them of this.Unbelievably,& remember this is an International Dept.,back came a letter to ask if I could shorten my new address,leave out any bit that was"unnecessary"as the full address "would not fit on their equipment".Thinking about it I did consider asking the Spanish P.M.if he could change to more Anglicized names for apartments,roads & towns like Fawlty Towers,Main Street,Torquay.I do prefer to write each time & in some cases this is the requested method,but you also have to cope with a regional accent,often having to ask for a repeat answer during a phone conversation if unsure.I dread to think how this department deals with queries & new addresses from British Nationals residing in say,Eastern European countries......all those foreign words,with strange symbols over some of the letters,not very British!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.