Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Is the situation in the UK really that bad?

Is the situation in the UK really that bad?

Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:12 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the situation in the UK really that bad?

Exactly why I dont spend too much time on here...
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:16 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs

We moved back 5 years ago from Spain, our reasons were finacial with the decreased exchange rate between the Euro and the pound.

We are much better off here, the summer heat is much better here, not the 35+ for weeks on end, there is much more choice of food in supermarkets, and the prices are not that much different. We are not surrounded by half completed and now abandoned building sites, and we have NEVER felt unsafe here, despite what the tabloids would have us believe. I hven't been the target of pickpockets, which I was several time in Spain, although none of them got anything from me.

All in all, although we liked living in Spain, we are far happier here.
Did you say 35+ and you are where now haha......hit 31-33 here in LInc's ....Thank God its raining...
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:19 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

:QUOTE=chris955;10835728]Exactly why I dont spend too much time on here...[/QUOTE]

Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
You have politely said what i would bluntly say.... Joined B.E roughly 10 yrs ago and have often wondered both on the CA forum and then on Returning forum......Why if people are so happy in their chosen country, they spend so much of their 24/7s on B.E ????

Maybe they are not as happy as they want others to think.....Um
Appreciated Sans.

This issue has bugged me for a long time, and not just here. But 'here' handles it a damn sight better than most.

Last edited by TheEmperorIsNaked; Aug 5th 2013 at 9:36 am. Reason: Sp.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Exactly why I dont spend too much time on here...
Pants on fire!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:00 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
Pants on fire!
Well not really, I probably spend 40-45 minutes on here overall. It would be longer if I was trolling for links.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:03 am
Banned

This issue has bugged me for a long time, and not just here. But 'here' handles it a damn sight better than most.
I couldnt agree with you more, we dont seem to be saddled with the really nasty posters on here which is refreshing. Its nice that they arent tolerated or even worse encouraged.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:04 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

...................and all this because I disagreed with you on another thread! (Yes I know, you'll deny that)
I know you like giving information and being helpful and I think that's great-and I supported a previous poster on that....but gee! you don't like being disagreed with do you Dunroving?

I write as I write, and I would have though it as plain as day that I'm not trying to 'impress others with self-judged superior intelligence',...because many have disagreed with me!
So if I was doing that it ain't worked has it?

The thing is; I don't care about your need to 'analyse' me! It doesn't bother me, and that irritates you no end!! Look at what you've just written!
...................you of course are not 'Mr Angry'. Perish the thought!

Don't upset yourself. It's just a forum, not the Oxford Debating Society (I'm sure I read that somewhere else...?).

I'll continue to post as I post, as long as I don't breach forum rules, and not according to your 'rules'.
You will no doubt do the same.

So calm down; peace love happiness an' all that..
Maybe if you slow down enough to read your section beginning"Any damn fool" you'd see the obvious inference regarding intellectual superiority.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:11 am
Banned

Stop arguing, I'm smarterer that all yous blokes.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:16 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Stop arguing, I'm smarterer that all yous blokes.
At last conciseness. What a relief.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dunroving
Maybe if you slow down enough to read your section beginning"Any damn fool" you'd see the obvious inference regarding intellectual superiority.
Interesting that you refer to my 'overanalysing' isn't it?

You are becoming obsessed. I doubt this has anything to do with intellectual superiority, rather the opposite.
Stop trying to bait me into a row dunroving; it won't work.

As I said you need to calm down-chill or whatever. I'm not going to get into a personal battle with you, it has nothing to do with the thread title.

Just let it go.

Sorry. Not concise enough? If I was as concise as I'd like to be.....I'd get banned.

Move on dunroving, stop stressing yourself.

(......and I'm not arguing Chris, I'm trying to avoid it).
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:46 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

If you find another member annoying, you can place them on your ignore list which prevents you seeing there posts
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:54 am
Ping-ponger

Interesting that you refer to my 'overanalysing' isn't it?

You are becoming obsessed. I doubt this has anything to do with intellectual superiority, rather the opposite.
Stop trying to bait me into a row dunroving; it won't work.

As I said you need to calm down-chill or whatever. I'm not going to get into a personal battle with you, it has nothing to do with the thread title.

Just let it go.

Sorry. Not concise enough? If I was as concise as I'd like to be.....I'd get banned.

Move on dunroving, stop stressing yourself.

(......and I'm not arguing Chris, I'm trying to avoid it).
I can only think of three words - pot, kettle and black.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you find another member annoying, you can place them on your ignore list which prevents you seeing there posts
Thanks os. I've actually done that in one case, but won't do it when I am directly addressed or referred to.

I appreciate the advice though.

New post:

You can 'only think of three words'? NOW I see the problem!!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 11:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks os. I've actually done that in one case, but won't do it when I am directly addressed or referred to.

I appreciate the advice though.

New post:

You can 'only think of three words'? NOW I see the problem!!!!!
You're welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.