The rose tinted glasses are off.

Old Sep 10th 2020, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The rose tinted glasses are off.

Originally Posted by philat98
That is a beautiful beach. No rubbish to be seen.
You are right and hope it stays that way. Crystal clear water too.

Old Sep 10th 2020, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The rose tinted glasses are off.

Originally Posted by Jensmate
You know the ones? The glasses that make everything look so much nicer than they are? Well, I've been 27 months back and the glasses are off. Yeah. England is nice. It's where I was born. Its familiar...sort of. Its home ..sort of.
But, it is Little England. A world of net curtain twitchers who firmly believe that your business is their business. I will judge you because I'm British and for no other reason except that I'm superior...simply by being British and preferably white. Hypocrisy is rife. Racism is endemic and nosey parkering? Dear God...let's not go there.
The public drunkenness, drug use and lack of self respect and respect of others beggars belief. Ignorance is seen as a badge of honour, not a state that needs remedying for a brighter future
I despair of a future for Britain cut off from Europe by Brexit and from the rest of the world by C19.
The general feeling just seems to be " wtf, let's just get drunk, smoke a spliff and forget about it all."
Oh Britain! How I loved thee! But not anymore.

Nevertheless, I'm here, part time. My partner is trying to decide whether she would like to come over permanently. Is there a forum of support for US born citizens wanting to live in the UK? Is like to think there's a forum like this for her if and when the time comes.
I wish I was in a more positive frame of mind but after over 2 years I see the grimy underside of life here and it's hard to forget when you see it day in, day out.
Go back to living permanently in the US? No can do. The USA has it's own special brand of ****edupness which precludes me thinking it's an option.
Britain may be royally screwed up but its MY royally screwed up home. I'm in it, but I'm not of it.
Anyone else share even a smidgeon of my disappointment in coming home after decades in the US?
I was both saddened and surprised to read your entry. I actually went to check your other posts as I was so certain that you’d written such glowing entries just two years ago. I am so sorry that it is not working out for you. Apart from a slight hiccup in the first six months when I came off the medication I should not have come off I am absolutely loving being back in Scotland. No place is perfect. We have had major issues with utility companies. However I am home and every day I am so grateful for that. I wish I could offer more words of advice. I am not familiar with the area where you are living. Last week my DH and I went on our first ever bus tour - a 5-day tour to Orkney and it was magnificent. Is a bus tour in England something you may consider? I still think we are extraordinarily fortunate to be able to move between countries. Best wishes as you navigate the way forward.