Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Returning to the UK after many years

Returning to the UK after many years

Old Mar 22nd 2021, 3:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to the UK after many years

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Also, if Norfolk isn't essential, have you considered south Lincolnshire, such as the Boston - Lincoln - Grantham - Spalding area. Or somewhere like Newark?

Yeah, I know, I'm not making it easy for you I'm sorry.

Grantham - not sure I can manage that. You know who came from there.....

Nothing is really essential in terms of geography - we would need good affordability, good transport links, not totally dependent on having a car for getting things done, like grocery shopping, and I don't want to be isolated somewhere with a load of old gits complaining about foreigners
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Grantham - not sure I can manage that. You know who came from there.....

Nothing is really essential in terms of geography - we would need good affordability, good transport links, not totally dependent on having a car for getting things done, like grocery shopping, and I don't want to be isolated somewhere with a load of old gits complaining about foreigners
Yeah, two of the worst people ever in the 80's and 90's UK The milk snatcher who became PM, and the serial child killer.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 1:23 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Yeah, two of the worst people ever in the 80's and 90's UK The milk snatcher who became PM, and the serial child killer.
Are you sure it wasn't the same person? I'm sure I remember reading that infant mortality rate went up during her time. IIRC the UK was the only first world nation (or whatever the description was) where that happened.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Are you sure it wasn't the same person? I'm sure I remember reading that infant mortality rate went up during her time. IIRC the UK was the only first world nation (or whatever the description was) where that happened.
Maybe The former stopped being PM in 1990, and the latter did her stuff in 1991. Unfortunately, the latter is also still alive.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Rothesay on the Isle of Bute has vacancies for those who are not Xenophobes. Apllications in triplicate to Yours Truly