Reluctantly returning to UK....:(

Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:02 am
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reluctantly returning to UK....:(

Originally Posted by northernbird
I thought these payments were available immediately for PR visa holders. Have you spoken to Centrelink Rachael?
Hi Rachael!

Just been reading a thread in the Barbie, Jazzy's first 5 weeks, don't know how to put link to thread here

Jazzy is a single parent, and has been arranging child support etc, it might be worth you taking a look, or even contacting him to see if he can help you out on this one.

Kind Regards,

Maggie
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Been looking into it and because there is a two year qualifying period before I can get any help with rent, childcare, family assistance etc, I am not going to be able to afford to stay here as a single mom. My job pays $50,573 per year. I pay out $200-300 per week on childcare and have the car to pay for out of that.

Now that I am pregnant too (yes you heard me right, bad timing or what!?) I will not be able to cope on my own. So looks like its back to the UK.

Thanks to all of those who have offered their support. This means so much. I wouldn't want to bother you all with my worries though you probably have enough to think about already...hopefully I can come back to oz as soon as possible.
Originally Posted by northernbird
I thought these payments were available immediately for PR visa holders. Have you spoken to Centrelink Rachael?
Hey Rach, can't tell you how sad I am for you. But northernbird's right, you are entitled to family assistance and rent allowance, and (if you decide to stay here without him) extra for being a lone parent.
Good luck in what you decide, but just remember all you've been through to get here
N xx
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Been looking into it and because there is a two year qualifying period before I can get any help with rent, childcare, family assistance etc, I am not going to be able to afford to stay here as a single mom. My job pays $50,573 per year. I pay out $200-300 per week on childcare and have the car to pay for out of that.

Now that I am pregnant too (yes you heard me right, bad timing or what!?) I will not be able to cope on my own. So looks like its back to the UK.

Thanks to all of those who have offered their support. This means so much. I wouldn't want to bother you all with my worries though you probably have enough to think about already...hopefully I can come back to oz as soon as possible.
Maybe you all need time, so much seems to have happend to you all, ie the moving over here and everything else that comes with it....and now you are having a baby...it must be overwhelming....and I do feel for you..people on this site have some kind of stresses and "problems" it's just great to talk openly with people you might never meet but in a way the help you recieve is just what you need at a time when you most need it. Me I think I would go home and try to work things out with my partner..have my baby in a familiar place with family or friends around ( you if you want them there) take a breather concentrate on having your baby then talk things over... when you feel ready..it is a "wobbly" time when you are having a baby so you need to take care of yourself.....if in time your partner gets his thoughts around coming over to Aus again...then talk about it...make sure it is what you both want...don't think to far into the future just yet though..looking to far in front can give you worries that might not happen.
Take care and look after yourself...
Jackie in Perth
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if you tried to reply to my PM, but if you did it didn't get to me. Try again, ok? I sent you my mobile number again so please call if you want to.
Dorothy
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Only a certain range of benefits are covered by the 2 year waiting period. Not all of them. The waiting period can be waived in certain instances:
http://myaccount.centrelink.gov.au/w...5odG0!#7_0_5RT

The waiting period does not cover employer provided benefits. Nor does it cover the baby bonus or Medicare.

Rachael - your choice obviously, but you do need to understand that if you go back to the U.K. and then split up, your partner will most likely be able to prevent you taking the children back to Australia.

It may well be a one way trip back to the U.K., therefore, even if you have a valid visa.

Reading between the lines, your relationship appears to be in a lot of trouble anyway, so aren't you just going to make it worse if you end up going back to the U.K.?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Reading between the lines, your relationship appears to be in a lot of trouble anyway, so aren't you just going to make it worse if you end up going back to the U.K.?
Bit like migrating to rescue a relationship, I guess - if its on the rocks, the stress of migrating or returning won't help.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Bit like migrating to rescue a relationship, I guess - if its on the rocks, the stress of migrating or returning won't help.
But if it was on the rocks in the UK before migrating, and it's Rachael's dream to be here in Australia, is it not better for her to be between a rock and a hard place in the land of her dreams, (Australia), rather than multiplying her problems by returning to the UK and having her dream taken from her by not only her partner but the bureaucracy of both UK and Australia?

I think this young woman has a very hard decision to make and even though we, as outsiders, can look at her situation and decide how we would act, we have to respect her right to decide the future for herself and her children.

Personally, I think she will find more support for her situation here in Australia than in UK.

I would hope that she will find the strength to stand up to her partner and that he would recognise her strength and begin to appreciate what a remarkable partner he has rather than feeling that he has to continually push her to extreme limits of choice for his own self gratification.

As I have said on this thread previously, I believe that he is a bully!

My heart goes out to her and I hope she makes the right decision for herself and her children.

Maggie
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

I feel for you in this predicament. But, trust me, you'll be making a very big mistake coming back here! The place is going to the dogs.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
The place is going to the dogs.
Not where I live it's not.

I suppose if you are one of life's losers and have to live in a bad area......but then I'm not

G
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

I suppose if you are one of life's losers and have to live in a bad area......but then I'm not

G
I get confused with your new avatar G. (doesn't take much.... )
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:54 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's been established that Ozzienurse would like to remain in Australia. I dont think she is judging England or if it has gone to the dogs or not, at the moment she has more important things on her mind.

I also feel that she is being bullied and her self confidence is at zero which makes any decision making extremely hard.

It cannot be easy to know what to do for the best when your partner is putting that much pressure on you.

Hope it works out for you Rach.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
I feel for you in this predicament. But, trust me, you'll be making a very big mistake coming back here! The place is going to the dogs.
oh s-d off people like you do not help.....why don't you just stick to the other site....you know the one....where you are all leaving the U.K you can winge about it as much as you like...this young lady needs support....and you are not helping.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
Well said, my family live in a nice area (where I was brought up) and they are all very happy there....this person is off to Canada to live so the country will be well rid of him....watch out Canada...
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
Only a certain range of benefits are covered by the 2 year waiting period. Not all of them. The waiting period can be waived in certain instances:
http://myaccount.centrelink.gov.au/w...5odG0!#7_0_5RT

The waiting period does not cover employer provided benefits. Nor does it cover the baby bonus or Medicare.

Rachael - your choice obviously, but you do need to understand that if you go back to the U.K. and then split up, your partner will most likely be able to prevent you taking the children back to Australia.

It may well be a one way trip back to the U.K., therefore, even if you have a valid visa.

But if Rachael is a qualified nurse could she not apply on her own....hopefully it will not come to that as Rachael must love her partner to come out here together...not sure of their history together....that's not my buisness....sometimes we have hard decisions to make in life and if Rachael wants to stay with her partner and he wants to return, well the choice is made...not ideal for Rachael but I suppose this is where she decides if a country will make her happy without her partner....not a choice I would like by any means...it all comes down to love....of a place or a person.... (that's put in lifes black and white as it sometimes comes down to) I do wish Rachael can have both...and here's hoping in the next few weeks that will happen.
Al the best
Jackie
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
But if Rachael is a qualified nurse could she not apply on her own...
Her problem will be that if she returns to the U.K. and she splits up, her partner may then be able to veto the children leaving.

On the other hand, if she stays in Australia, she would have a good chance of being able to insist that the children remain.

Bottom line - in issues of cross-border child custody, the country where the child lives has the jurisdiction. Move the child voluntarily, and jurisdiction changes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.