RECENT TRIP TO ENGLAND

Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RECENT TRIP TO ENGLAND

Originally Posted by Volt61
...and who don't have crumbling infrastructure, grumpy surly demoralized staff and the general out of date/bad attitudes towards patients
had to read that twice there, thought you were talking about the US
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Volt61
Health care is not a function of being a human.
Its not even a right.

The world has always been a jungle and will always be a jungle and the survival of the species is down to those most able - natural selection and evolution.

By compensating so much for the inadequacies of those less strong and less able who won't or cannot cope or refuse to help themselves or those who engage in destructive behavior and who are constantly bailed out by others, the human race is weakened and prevented from realizing its full potential.

The use of employers to funnel healthcare provision is a simple matter of logistics, scale and negotiating power.
Individuals have no leverage against large institutions and cannot negotiate the best terms. This is true in all other walks of life.

If the healthcare industry was to be fully opened up so there were no restrictions about location, perhaps co-operatives could be setup to negotiate terms for their members.
Survival of the fittest....are you serious? Isn't that what sets us apart from animals?

I asked you yesterday if you lived in the US...perhaps I should have asked you if you are living on the same planet as the rest of us?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 6th 2010 at 12:56 am.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

RickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Survival of the fittest....are you serious?

It's called Eugenics...
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RickWG
It's called Eugenics...
I know...
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I know...
A true programme of eugenics would be for everyone, not just those without health insurance. I don't think it would be popular in the US, as it would drastically reduce the vast profits of the healthcare providers, pharma companies and insurers.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 3:12 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
A true programme of eugenics would be for everyone, not just those without health insurance. I don't think it would be popular in the US, as it would drastically reduce the vast profits of the healthcare providers, pharma companies and insurers.
Who between them dished out about $65m* to get their pet congresscritters elected - more than even the lawyers did. Source. So, as you say, no chance of a general program.

OTOH, Planned Parenthood started out with the avowed aim of sterilising black folks and retards and is still going strong today.

* Harry Reid and Chuckie Schumer got the lions share, apparently.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Who between them dished out about $65m* to get their pet congresscritters elected - more than even the lawyers did. Source. So, as you say, no chance of a general program.

OTOH, Planned Parenthood started out with the avowed aim of sterilising black folks and retards and is still going strong today.

* Harry Reid and Chuckie Schumer got the lions share, apparently.
Don't get me started with these pharma lobbies.

Our own Marie Stopes was also a eugenicist.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Stockport is fucking ace.
I've been through Stockport on the train - it didn't look too bad at all and looking at the place from the train window it looked as if there was plenty going on there - very busy. But I liked the look of Altrincham better - that place looked quite classy from what I could see of it. I wonder why Altrincham is pronounced the way it is and not how it is spelled? How did a "g" get in there?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

HumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond repute

Ok; how did this discussion get from tipping to Social Darwinism ?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by HumphreyC
That's the wonder of Woolworth's
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:32 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

See post 228
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by elfman
See post 228
I'd have thought post #238 would have got a few laughs, but apparently that meme's jumped the shark.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Threads about tipping ALWAYS get ugly. Internet Fact #1271.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I'd have thought post #238 would have got a few laughs, but apparently that meme's jumped the shark.
I liked it... that one always makes me laugh
Old Dec 7th 2010, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
I've been through Stockport on the train - it didn't look too bad at all and looking at the place from the train window it looked as if there was plenty going on there - very busy. But I liked the look of Altrincham better - that place looked quite classy from what I could see of it. I wonder why Altrincham is pronounced the way it is and not how it is spelled? How did a "g" get in there?
Nowhere looks good from the train, all you ever see is derelict factories and depressing houses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.