RECENT TRIP TO ENGLAND

Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:27 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RECENT TRIP TO ENGLAND

Originally Posted by penguinbar
If you expect Americans to follow the norm when in the UK then UK and European tourists should do the same when they come over here which most of them don't.
As far as the image that Americans have in the UK as being vulgar. UK tourists have the image of being cheap. Neither is ok.
Ah I see. "Two wrongs make a right". That's ok then. You always struck me as someone who is principled on the subject (which I respect) so I didn't expect this from you now.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:38 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Ah I see. "Two wrongs make a right". That's ok then. You always struck me as someone who is principled on the subject (which I respect) so I didn't expect this from you now.
I am very principled on this subject. I am standing my ground . You are entitled to your opinions and I am entitled to mine.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am very principled on this subject. I am standing my ground . You are entitled to your opinions and I am entitled to mine.
One one hand you say Brits should adopt US tipping customs when they come here but when you go to the UK you intend to stick to US tipping...not adopt to the UK tipping customs. It comes across a little like...do what I say...not what I do.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:15 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

No - I think we can both agree on the "do what the hell you like" when it comes to tipping. Again, I shall remember that when I come to your restaurant. Thank you for the 15-18% discount - I'm sure there are many BE-ers who will appreciate it.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
No - I think we can both agree on the "do what the hell you like" when it comes to tipping. Again, I shall remember that when I come to your restaurant. Thank you for the 15-18% discount - I'm sure there are many BE-ers who will appreciate it.

You could always tip with Sprouts..
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:55 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
You could always tip with Sprouts..
Or maybe a packet of seeds and a trowel. Now that would be the tip that kept giving...
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
kayak.com
Thanks Bob.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:46 am
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robin1234
Also health care is cheaper in the UK than here
...and we are all going to pay for this so-called "cheapness" when the xx hits the fan.

The European model of benefits, pensions and healthcare is more busted than the US and the heavy government involvement in these industries, conceals massive wastage and inefficiencies as well as the time bomb.

Yes, I pay more here with health insurance and co-pays, etc, but I am happier and I get to see a doctor of my choice, whenever I want, and who don't have crumbling infrastructure, grumpy surly demoralized staff and the general out of date/bad attitudes towards patients

Last edited by Volt61; Dec 5th 2010 at 2:36 am.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Volt61
...and we are all going to pay for this so-called "cheapness" when the xx hits the fan.

The European model of benefits, pensions and healthcare is more busted than the US and the heavy government involvement in these industries, which conceals massive wastage and inefficiencies as well as the time bomb.

Yes, I pay more here with health insurance and co-pays, etc, but I am happier and I get to see a doctor of my choice, whenever I want, and who don't have crumbling infrastructure, grumpy surly demoralized staff and the general out of date/bad attitudes towards patients
That's all very well (I presume you are in the US)...but what happens when you no longer have US healthcare? If you're a Brit you can always fall back upon the good old NHS...Americans don't have that luxury.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:02 am
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by niksha
However, i still consider England as My country and love the food,beer, sports,my mates and telly over there!!!Now if u ask me would i go back there to live permanently , hmmmmmm i dont think so as i have been here too long.
I don't think you can have it both ways.

If you define yourself as belonging to X country, you can't then say but I don't want to live there coz.. blah blah blah.

Such attitudes are what create troubles and decline for countries, regions, neighborhoods.

The USA is your country and has been for a long time.
Your loyalty and identify is where you are, otherwise you are deceiving yourself, others and just being a fraud.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:04 am
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Volt61
I don't think you can have it both ways.

If you define yourself as belonging to X country, you can't then say but I don't want to live there coz.. blah blah blah.

Such attitudes are what create troubles and decline for countries, regions, neighborhoods.

The USA is your country and has been for a long time.
Your loyalty and identify is where you are, otherwise you are deceiving yourself, others and just being a fraud.
Complete bollocks (not to put too fine a point on it).
Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's all very well (I presume you are in the US)...but what happens when you no longer have US healthcare? If you're a Brit you can always fall back upon the good old NHS...Americans don't have that luxury.
I don't think you understand - The so-called and alleged "good old NHS" won't be there in the near future. And good for who JG?

Its like in The Lord of the Rings, when Pippin told Mary "Let's go back to the Shire" and Mary says "If we don't stop this, there won't be a shire to go back to".

The change won't happen overnight, but it will happen.
As for the US, lets hope that Barry's regime is stopped before his lunacy nightmare ideas are stopped soon.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by zargof
working out real well for everyone...
Everything else in nature doesn't work that way and humans should not try to force the issue.

Instead of pulling everyone down to the low levels of expectations, performance, desire, effort and lots of other aspects of human society (which is Communism and all its relations and variants), society should be trying to bring everyone up to high levels of the same.

The end result of the first option is the end of people.
The other option ensures the survival and advancement of people.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by robin1234
Anyway I just read in the Daily Mail that the Cat Bin Woman has apologised for her actions, which were completely out of character. This reassures me that some things are right about the old country.
Shouldn't she be called the "bin cat woman"?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Chugabug
I've lived here in the U.S. since 99 and haven't been back to England since 2006. The wife and I are returning next year to catch up with friends and family etc. I love living here in the States most of the time but I have to admit missing the U.K. still every now and then. I enjoy the differences, but don't most Brits take a little piece of Britain wherever they go? Be it PG Tips or a DVD of the 1966 World Cup. (Guilty of both and so much more)

Anyhow, if anyone has any tips on great ticket prices from Chicago O Hare please let me know.......
Have you tried mobissimo? Best prices for overseas flights I found.
And Amazon sells PG Tips.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.