Back to Canada tomorrow....

Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:39 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back to Canada tomorrow....

......for 3 weeks!

We have been back in England for 4 years following 6 quite unhappy at the time years in Nova Scotia.

My eldest daughter returned there last March to be with her Canadian boyfriend.

I'm not sure how I feel about going yet. I am of course looking forward to seeing the daughter and friends, but I never thought I would be returning again once I left.

Now that I am happy here, I am able to look back on our Canada years and think it wasn't all so bad. But still....?

When in Nova Scotia, I returned to England after a year, and that is what started my yearning to return here. Do you think that will happen in reverse? I do prefer it here as I am very British and European, not North American at all.

Anyway, just putting my thoughts down
Old Aug 8th 2017, 1:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to Canada tomorrow....

Originally Posted by Lorry1
When in Nova Scotia, I returned to England after a year, and that is what started my yearning to return here.
Do you think that will happen in reverse?
I doubt it. It's not like when one gets a potentially false picture of a place when they visit and thinks it might be a good place to live. The place you're going to visit is one you already lived in so you know, really know, it's not the same thing.
I do prefer it here as I am very British and European, not North American at all.
Me too. 13 years here now and I've just about mastered automatically saying sidewalk and dollar rather than pavement and £.

I certainly remember your thoughts on NS when you were wanting to return to the UK and if you don't mind me saying it was a bit like someone coming out of a bitter divorce.

You weren't the first or last to have such a change and not just in NS either.

But now you've lived in both so it's different. You'll likely soften towards the place as it's your daughters home now.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 5:00 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to Canada tomorrow....

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I doubt it. It's not like when one gets a potentially false picture of a place when they visit and thinks it might be a good place to live. The place you're going to visit is one you already lived in so you know, really know, it's not the same thing.

Me too. 13 years here now and I've just about mastered automatically saying sidewalk and dollar rather than pavement and £.

I certainly remember your thoughts on NS when you were wanting to return to the UK and if you don't mind me saying it was a bit like someone coming out of a bitter divorce.

You weren't the first or last to have such a change and not just in NS either.

But now you've lived in both so it's different. You'll likely soften towards the place as it's your daughters home now.
Thanks Bristol. I really knew what the UK was like but I still wanted to return I am happy here though. I appreciate things a lot more and want to see a lot more.

We may have to return to live in NS one day, should our youngest return there too and/or I have grandchildren there. I don't want to be so far away when that time comes.

Ah well, I'll see how this holiday turns out.