Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Old Aug 12th 2018, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Karim
Old Aug 12th 2018, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you all a great Sunday

Karim
Old Aug 13th 2018, 12:18 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Nice wheels
Old Oct 20th 2018, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

I haven't been on British Expats for years. It was serendipitous that I found your thread and I congratulate you on some wonderful photographs that gave me a real trip down memory lane. Marlow and surrounds used to be my stomping ground, in fact I lived in Marlow for a few months until I emigrated to Australia in 1986 and as a fill-in job while I was getting ready to go I worked as a barmaid at the Marlow Donkey so it was amusing to see pictures of that. Marlow holds a special place in my heart; the river, the bridge, the swans...Then there we were in York and you must have been there just a few days before I visited in May this year! I fell in love with it too. I think (apart from the weather) I could easily live there. Did you walk the Cat Trail? Check it out for next time. Then Windsor and Eton and more memories.Thank you so much and I shall bookmark this page in case you post some more about your travels around England. Best wishes from the Blue Mountains in NSW (about 50 miles west of Sydney).
Old Nov 20th 2018, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your comments.

I have been very busy at work lately and did not get time to catch up with my thread until now.

I am in love wit everything quintessentially British quaint and Marlow delights me every time I step outside and places like the Marlow Donkey Pub which bears the most luxurious hanging baskets throughout the year is now fully decorated for the festive season.

It is a rather small world as I do remember staying at Lilianfels in the Blue Mountains when I was living in Sydney in the late 90's.

I really do hope that 2019 will be a year of travelling around the UK and sharing pictures and anecdotes of the places I will visit.

I wish you a great day !

Karim
Old Dec 12th 2018, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorian67
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your comments.

I have been very busy at work lately and did not get time to catch up with my thread until now.

I am in love wit everything quintessentially British quaint and Marlow delights me every time I step outside and places like the Marlow Donkey Pub which bears the most luxurious hanging baskets throughout the year is now fully decorated for the festive season.

It is a rather small world as I do remember staying at Lilianfels in the Blue Mountains when I was living in Sydney in the late 90's.

I really do hope that 2019 will be a year of travelling around the UK and sharing pictures and anecdotes of the places I will visit.

I wish you a great day !

Karim

I will be at the Marlow Donkey for New Year's so if you see or hear a table of "old ladies" with Irish, South African, Scottish and Engish accents having a good time, come on over!