Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Old May 8th 2018, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Karim
Old May 8th 2018, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute

Karim
Old May 8th 2018, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old May 9th 2018, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old May 9th 2018, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old May 9th 2018, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old May 9th 2018, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old May 9th 2018, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old May 9th 2018, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old May 9th 2018, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old May 9th 2018, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much for following this postcard from Windsor

Karim
Old May 13th 2018, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Kath_143 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great read. Thank you. I am looking to move back from Australia next year. I am pooling resources with my father who owns a terrace in central Windsor. We are looking at Dorney, Cookham,, Marlow, and to the west and south of Windsor. So exciting. Maybe I should take a closer look at Marlow.

Last edited by Kath_143; May 13th 2018 at 7:34 am.
Old May 18th 2018, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Good morning KATH,

Thank you so much for your comment and following my Postcard from Windsor.

I must say that revisiting Windsor had me falling in love again with a town I loved living in for 8 happy years.

I wish you all a happy Royal Wedding celebration tomorrow, wherever you are in the world

Karim
Old Aug 9th 2018, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Good morning
I hope that you are all well and enjoying this glorious summer.
Glorious from all the sunshine lovers which are legion in the UK and rather dramatic from an environmental perspective with a heatwave resulting in a drought which started mid May and is still going on. First compared to the 1976 drought episode, it soon was referred to the 1961 one and is believed to be one the hottest and driest summer in UK history. And since a picture is worth a thousand words, you may remember the striking satellite picture published in the Express mid July after 2 months of drought in the UK :

It is raining in Marlow for the first time in weeks and we almost forgot what a blessing rain can be for Mother Nature and ourselves as a part of it
Karim

Last edited by victorian67; Aug 9th 2018 at 10:14 am.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Welcome to the Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza & Steam Fair !

I fell in love years ago with Wales largest sea side resort for its Victorian charm, spectacular sea views and old world iconic Grand Hotel which would not be out of place of a Hercule Poirot episode.

And it did not take me more than a minute to decide myself to return to Llandudno again, this time for the colorful and vibrant Victorian Festival as soon as the final dates were announced !

I loved my first visit to this beautiful and quite grand Victorian seaside resort with its miles long promenade by the beach, elegant white seafront Edwardian hotels and spectacular views from the pier and this year, I was in for another treat !

The Victorian Festival being hold on a popular bank holiday week-end in England, I visited Llandudno at its busiest time of the year and should I also say at its sunniest !

The entire town centre was turned into a giant fair ground with beautiful traditional merry go rounds, costumed Victorians, fascinating Victorian steam engines, yummy food displays from pancakes to fish & chips listening to the tunes of magnificent fair organs.

The Steam Exhibits were the stars of the show with their great variety of traction engines and one could admire the beauty of these intricate machines from another age and the effort involved in maintaining such full sized engines in operating conditions is truly commendable.

And just a few meters away the promenade with its invigorating sea breeze.

I walked with the seagulls till the end of the pier and had a refreshing Guinness at the Ocean Cafe and came back to the effervescence of a town in full celebration and parade.

And as this very special day by the sea came to an end, what better sight than four happy Victorians enjoying a chocolate ice cream on the Promenade ...so British

Karim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.