Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Post FLR Submission - I've Got The Fear

Post FLR Submission - I've Got The Fear

Old Sep 10th 2017, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

elonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post FLR Submission - I've Got The Fear

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi eloni, it's great that you're going to share your experience for other members in a similar situation. I love it when people such as yourself do that, it's what keeps BE so useful and relevant.

I'm following your progress with interest myself. I have to apply for FLR in April and my financials are going to be more complex than for my initial visa. We've used most of our savings for buying houses to rent out, so I'll need to meet the requirements with a mix of savings and rental income. I get a headache just thinking about it. We had to find a way to use our savings to produce an income, as Scouse only gets a partial State pension, and that's it! Interest on bank savings is woeful, so that was no help.

Have to check the rules re how long I have to be receiving rental income before it 'counts'. I hope it's 6 months but have a feeling it's 12 months - in which case I'll have to get bank statements from Australia. Oh well, it is what it is (she says, with headache getting worse every second!!)

Best of luck, keep us updated!
Oh that does sound a little more complex, its those applications that are stressful because there's so little guidance around. I was struck when filling out the form as to how easy it would have been to complete if I was a straightforward salaried employee.

My plan is that once we (hopefully) get a successful renewal, I will write a full guide and document checklist outlining how I did it, and the bits of information I dug out under Category F. Hopefully this will help others in the same situation! There was info I had to ask my accountant for that he had never heard of - sheer Home Office brilliance at work there.

Hope your own application goes well when the time comes. Such a blooming worry!
Old Sep 10th 2017, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to aggravate your headache SOS but it appears you may be right! 10 a) 2 of https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence suggests that you will need to present 12 months of statements to use rental income. But you are organized and forewarned so you will be ready!

I felt that after we had FLR(M) we could relax but I now realize that it is not until after getting ILR that we can do that!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what FLR is, so I typed it into Google, and up came this website.

Foreign Policy | the Global Magazine of News and Ideas

The internet is a surprising place!
Old Oct 11th 2017, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

elonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond repute

WOOHOOO!!! FLR in post this morning!!!

Total processing time from day I sent it off, 7 weeks and 2 days. Biometric permit to follow within 10 working days.

I'll write a Category F guide for others and post it up. So, so happy!
Old Oct 11th 2017, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elonii

Total processing time from day I sent it off, 7 weeks and 2 days. Biometric permit to follow within 10 working days.

That is wonderful news. So happy for you. Now at least another 2.5yrs without worrying about immigration and you can concentrate on your move. Good luck with everything. 7 weeks is quite long and hope they are quicker next year in March when we are also applying. We will also be putting our house on the market at same time and hoping to be moving to the South Coast so a lot of stress again!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yes, please do write a guide for us hapless fools still waiting to do this. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Great news!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by feelbritish
That is wonderful news. So happy for you. Now at least another 2.5yrs without worrying about immigration and you can concentrate on your move. Good luck with everything. 7 weeks is quite long and hope they are quicker next year in March when we are also applying. We will also be putting our house on the market at same time and hoping to be moving to the South Coast so a lot of stress again!
I was just starting to get a bit worried about the timescales, fortunately cleaning and sorting out the new house has kept us distracted. I hope by the time you apply the HO has their house a wee bit more in order and you get a quicker turnaround!

Originally Posted by Perth
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yes, please do write a guide for us hapless fools still waiting to do this. Much appreciated.
My thanks, and I will. I actually created my own document checklist around the various bits of income requirement so I'll make that available also!

Originally Posted by michali
Congratulations! Great news!
My thanks, what a relief!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Just to round off my little timeline.... Biometric Residence Card was delivered via special courier this afternoon (12th Oct). My husband is a real person again, and my new dishwasher is to be delivered before 3pm today.

Does it get any better?!