Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Paying Off Aus Loan After Moving Back To UK

Paying Off Aus Loan After Moving Back To UK

Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:35 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying Off Aus Loan After Moving Back To UK

Hi

We are in the very early stages of organising our move back to UK. To get us there earlier we are considering paying off the credit cards, but keeping them and using them to help fund setting us up when we first arrive back in UK.
I have a question about a loan we have. We currently owe $32,000. Does anyone know if it would be a problem to take that debt with us back to UK and pay it off from there?
We worked out that due to a much higher income in UK pounds we could pay it off within 6 - 9 mths and that would suit us much better than having to hang on here much longer than we want to.
Has anyone else done this?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Paying Off Aus Loan After Moving Back To UK

Hi

We are also in Sydney and are going home soon, hope you dont mind me asking, but why are you going back to the UK?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:27 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Having lived in a couple of other places before Sydney, i know we could not live anywhere else in Australia. I have a real love affair with this city. We live fairly central, but because of house prices we cannot afford to buy. If i could afford to the apartment we currently rent, and my kids were here, i would not leave. I miss my kids enormously, and the pull of them has become too great.
We are in our forties now. If we do not make the decision soon it will be too late. We need to be in the position to buy a home and we are not prepared to place ourselves out in the suburbs here as i would hate it.

Soooo, sadly, we have to leave and start again from scratch somewhere in UK. Still not sure where yet.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Hi

We are in the very early stages of organising our move back to UK. To get us there earlier we are considering paying off the credit cards, but keeping them and using them to help fund setting us up when we first arrive back in UK.
I have a question about a loan we have. We currently owe $32,000. Does anyone know if it would be a problem to take that debt with us back to UK and pay it off from there?
We worked out that due to a much higher income in UK pounds we could pay it off within 6 - 9 mths and that would suit us much better than having to hang on here much longer than we want to.
Has anyone else done this?
I would suggest using someoone like www.tranzfers.com to move money between your UK and Aus accounts, and then you can pay the account off via internet banking from your Aus account.

If you search the Australia forum for "tranzfers" you'll find a lot of people use them the other way round - paying off UK debts
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:39 pm
I don't give a damn

Thats great. I had never heard of them before. Thankyou Pollyanna