Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Wow no one has posted in this thread for a while, but just wanted to say hello, I am back in the USA visiting my children.. enjoying time with them. Petrol seems so cheap........
I hope everyone is doing well, and pursuing their dreams. x
Hope you're having a great time Charley, are the leaves changing over there yet or is it a bit soon?
Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow no one has posted in this thread for a while, but just wanted to say hello, I am back in the USA visiting my children.. enjoying time with them. Petrol seems so cheap........
Denise, great to hear from you again, have a wonderful time with your kids,
you say the petrol seems so cheap over there, interesting program on TV last night said the U.K. government slams a whopping 60p tax on the pound for our petrol, WOW I knew it was a lot but 60% is huge!!!! no wonder a little wee liter of fuel costs around £1.41
Yes as cheers said everyone seems to be hanging out at the chit chat site these days,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

So give us an update on everything.
When do you return?

Cheers
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Charlie are you still in the US send me an email and perhaps we can manage to see each other before you leave.

Hope you are better Rodney. I am trying hard to get back to normal some days are better than others but I think I am making progress. Have started Gabby on her shots again as they all became outdated so she has to have the rabies shot in Feb. and then have the tests done.

Getting back in touch with the movers as the price of shipping and delivery will probably have gone up. Hope not too much.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Charlie are you still in the US send me an email and perhaps we can manage to see each other before you leave.

Hope you are better Rodney. I am trying hard to get back to normal some days are better than others but I think I am making progress. Have started Gabby on her shots again as they all became outdated so she has to have the rabies shot in Feb. and then have the tests done.

Getting back in touch with the movers as the price of shipping and delivery will probably have gone up. Hope not too much.

Nice to hear from you Trotty. Glad things are on the mend. Chin up!

Cheers
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you are feeling better and looking forward to your move. Take care....
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Look at this.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?sh...9fb8fdf457573f

makes you think.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello trotty,
WOW thats a lovely surprise seeing a post from you again, its great to know you are continuing to make progress,
And you saying that you are getting back in touch with the movers is the best news Ive heard for a long time, so soon I hope your dream of returning to the U.K. will be coming together, well at least your house has been sold, so thats that hurdle out of the way,
Take care Avril, keep strong and take good care of yourself,
Love Rodney xx
PS Im pretty well back to normal since my most recent hernia Op, thanks for asking.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear from you, trotty, and to hear you're looking into the practicalities of the move once more.

So glad you are making progress healthwise as well.

Keep us posted!

Tina
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
PS Im pretty well back to normal since my most recent hernia Op, thanks for asking.
Hi Rodney, great to hear you've made a good recovery, this is excellent news.

I just had a quick trip to UK, was in Durham and saw Durham Cathedral again, once of the most beautiful buildings in the world (in my opinion!). Amazing. Anyone who's Up North (as we southerners say!) who hasn't seen it should do so...whole city lovely, impressive castle as well.

Tina
Old Sep 28th 2012, 6:41 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Cheers, all your links go to your email account and not to the actual article. And since we can't access your account, we just get taken to the gmail log-in page.

You have to open the actual article and then paste the link for that rather than pasting the link to the email it came in.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Hi Rodney, great to hear you've made a good recovery, this is excellent news.

I just had a quick trip to UK, was in Durham and saw Durham Cathedral again, once of the most beautiful buildings in the world (in my opinion!). Amazing. Anyone who's Up North (as we southerners say!) who hasn't seen it should do so...whole city lovely, impressive castle as well.

Tina
Tina Ive never been to Durham before, so thanks for that, now I have yet another place in the U.K. to put on my list of places to see one day
My Mum's in the Isle of White now, on a one week holiday break with the girls from her senior club, about 15 of em in there 80,s and 90,s ----- known each other for at least 50 years, they do these coach trips twice a year,different place every time and and really enjoy it, the club pays for there trips, so they get the trip and hotel with full board and various daily coach trips all included and also they get
live entertainment at the hotel in the evenings (:

Last edited by jasper123; Sep 28th 2012 at 12:22 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jasper123
Tina Ive never been to Durham before, so thanks for that, now I have yet another place in the U.K. to put on my list of places to see one day
My Mum's in the Isle of White now, on a one week holiday break with the girls from her senior club, about 15 of em in there 80,s and 90,s ----- known each other for at least 50 years, they do these coach trips twice a year,different place every time and and really enjoy it, the club pays for there trips, so they get the trip and hotel with full board and various daily coach trips all included and also they get
live entertainment at the hotel in the evenings (:
Yes, Durham's well worth a visit, Rodney, and of course York is on the way, with its wonderful Minster and lots of interesting things to see...

Your Mum's Senior Club sounds great, I admire these 80 and 90 year olds who are game for all that travelling, I get pretty exhausted by travel myself these days!!!

Perhaps you need to find a Junior Club for yourself to take some trips with??!

Tina
Old Sep 29th 2012, 8:11 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked up Durham and realized it's only an hour and 20 minutes from me. I had no idea it was so close. Will definitely take a trip there soon. Thanks for the recommendation!

Rodney come to the north on that trip soon - you'll love it!
Old Sep 29th 2012, 10:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I just looked up Durham and realized it's only an hour and 20 minutes from me. I had no idea it was so close. Will definitely take a trip there soon. Thanks for the recommendation!

Rodney come to the north on that trip soon - you'll love it!
well worth a visit, and do the river walk where you look up at the cathedral, it's been on hundreds of posatcards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.