Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Aug 13th 2012, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Well I must say this thread has been most interesting to say the least over the past couple of days. Thanks again to Trotty and Easterndawn for sharing their past months' experiences with us so openly and honestly. I think its always easier to share our experiences with others when things are going well but we are at times for any number of reasons a little reticent when things are less than rosy. I guess with myself I didn't want to appear like I was moaning when others are going through what I perceive to be greater difficulties than my own but you ladies have inspired me to share a little more of what's been going on with me in the 16 1/2 months since I arrived home.

Things have not gone the way I envisioned since I arrived back in April of last year and whilst I did not expect Shangri La by any means, lets just say there have been a couple of hiccups we could have done without.

Both hubby and myself have had health issues we didn't bargain for; fortunately we are both getting back to normal although I'm finding I still feel somewhat run-down and I'm not as mobile as I'd like to be.

Last August, just as my husband was given the green light from his doctor to return to work, he was made redundant. Since that time he has been for job interviews all over the country and I have to say I've had a real eye opener with regard to hiring practices here. In North America (Canada anyway) you hear a lot of negative comments from job seekers about not getting any response or acknowledgement from potential employers after applying for advertised positions. Here, on the other hand, there have been no shortage of interviews for hubby, unfortunately all too often he's traveled considerable distance (at considerable expense we could do without at this time I might add) to interview for positions that turned out to be blatantly "cut and dried done deals" ahead of time. I have to say that can be absolutely soul destroying and I am amazed and so very proud of my husband's determination to keep on searching. I could go on and on about what he's been through but you have to try to stay optimistic and not dwell on pitfalls over and done with.

At present, hubby is working away on contract through the week and comes home on weekends. It's not an ideal situation and we've spent roughly a third of our young marriage living like this. Forty-eight hours certainly flies by fast I can tell you! The money on agency is decent and looks great on paper but at the moment we are essentially keeping two households going (due to short term nature of job contract we really can't relocate at the moment) with him living in temporary accommodation through the week. Consequently there's not much money left in the kitty and the little nest egg we had before all this started is gone. We really don't go out and our Friday night "date" consists of fish & chips in front of Corrie. The important thing though is that we are together.

I think at the moment what I find most frustrating is the uncertainty and inability to make any sort of plans for the future because we just don't know at this point exactly where we'll be living. I like where we are at the moment but the sad fact is we will in all likelihood have to relocate to wherever a permanent job comes up. That stops you from putting down any sort of roots, getting out and making new friends - something I am desperate to do. We both feel as if we are living in a sort of "no man's land" at the moment.

On the bright side, I have a wonderful husband and I can say unequivocally that if I had to do the move all over again I would do so in a heartbeat. We are so anxious to get out and discover this beautiful green and pleasant land of ours. I was telling my Dad on Skype the other day that seeing pictures of our country on TV at times takes my breath away and I think we are so incredibly lucky to have it on our doorstep. It has stirred a passion in me that I never felt for anything in Canada - despite some struggle and disappointment, I have a wonderful husband, I am home and it is all worth it.

To those contemplating coming home, I would say make sure you are ready financially before doing so if at all possible because an unexpected pitfall can really throw a spanner in the works. To those already back, I wish you all the best, try to keep your spirits up when the rough spots come up. Thank you all for your courage and determination!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Easterndawn I agree with Sally, your mention of the loneliness is very important and a salutary reminder that we have to be prepared for this if we're moving back to UK alone or if we don't have a lot of family and friends waiting.

I do hope you can find a way to do the horseback riding, sounds as if it's an important thing for you--mat be a way to meet people too--I know sometimes people can help at stables in exchange for riding time...though you may not feel up to mucking out!--but maybe there's some other kind of help you could do?

Good luck with it all, and I'm so hoping things take an upswing for you very soon...

curleytops Wow what a time to be back on the thread, I am so glad I am checking posts right now as all these posts are so important--wonderful for us older, I mean more longstanding!!!!!, members to hear from old friends, but I think newbies too will find all this interesting and, one hopes, not too depressing--it's just reminders to be prepared.

So sorry things have been tough for you, though at least you and hubby are still together--at least when possible--and you have no regrets about moving back. But how dispiriting, hubby getting interviews only to find positions already filled, and also the feeling of limbo because you don't know if you'll be able to stay where you are....

Hope for you too things improve soon, and thank you for telling us how things are.

I'm particularly struck by your passion for the country itself, the beauty of the place--the way you say you have a passion for it that you never felt in Canada--this is what I meant when I said a while back that it surely helps so much if one is returning for love of Britain ITSELF as well as other reasons, not just depending on jobs or people for a sense of fulfilment.

Tina
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Good Evenening, Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.
Cheers, here is a breakdown on living expences,
Rent £400, one bedroom flat
Council Tax £104
Electric £45
Gas £45
TV liscence £12
Groceries £140
Macs Food £40

Total £786
This leaves £14.00 for clothing, personal products etc. The grocery budget is £35.00 week, but if I need anything extra like a haircut, that has to go down to about £25.00 per week.

As for going back to Canada, that is out of the question at this time. There are many wonderful things to do and see in the UK but you have to have moeny to do them. There are fantastic places to visit, great food to eat, wonderful beaches to walk upon, fantastical musical events to attend but all that cost money, either to get to or to buy tickets for. There are cheap flights to any country you can imagine in Europe but only those who are have a good income or are receiving benefits can afford to go. Do I sound a little sour, well I guess I am. I came here on a Friday and started a little part time job that following weekend, there are people here who are third and forth generation benefit receivers, who have no intention of ever getting a job and yet they can afford 52 inch TV's in there houses and go off for a week or two to Benidorm not only once but sometimes twice a year. There are more people here who walk with walking sticks than I have ever seen in my life, at least they walk with them when they are going for the medical, guess there must be some kind of wonderful cure in the Ale here, because they walk into the pub with there limp and a stick and a miracle happens they come out not needing it, but of course this is only a 24 hr cure as they seem to need to go there every night for this miracle to happen.

I had no choice wither I went to Canada or not, parents made that decision for me. I will never feel like I belong anywhere for the rest of my life as no matter where I would live I would be classed as an outsider. Here I speak with a American accent, there I speak with a British one. There is no happily ever after for many of us, so please make sure if you are thinking of returning that you test the waters before commiting, or that you have lots of money to live your dream. It is not impossible but without family and or money it will be very difficult. I am not trying to change peoples mind, everyones experience will be different but for me so far the dream is illusive but hopefull is still in the distance. Good night everyone, sweet dreams.
Hello Ed...

I know you was young and didn't have a choice in wether you went to Canada or not, I was in the same position myself although just a little older...

I understand you being sour as your dreams haven't come true, at least not yet, we've all heard those stories of people that live it up on welfare, it was the very reason my father wanted to leave the UK, he worked seven days a week and was getting nowhere, so we sold up and moved to America, it created a different set of problems, it wouldn't matter what country we ended up in, some of us never wanted to leave and some never really settled, the repercussions are lifelong and cant be reversed...

I took your message and warnings to heart, I think we all should consider what we may be up against, these are tough times and the UK doesn't seem to be fairing well after the financial collapse on 2008 caused by the greedy people on wall street...

If we had piles of money or a great job many of these problems would go away...
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW I have just got through reading all the posts on our thread, PHEW!!!!
It hasn't taken that long to catch up for a long long time!!!!
And all it took was Our founder trottytrue to come back and post a few posts,
AND then Easterndawn coming on and telling us whats happened in her life over the last year,
This feels really good Huh!!!

Easterndawn,
Great posts!!! so sorry that your lot back in Scotland hasn't improved much, you have had so much happen to you since you came back in 2009 but you still havent fallen apart, many would in all you have had to deal with, You still remain mine and many others INSPIRATION, I admire you and respect you, always have, you are such a fighter, I only wish I had half your strength,
The good news is that you do have a Job, not many hours, and a Job that your well over qualified for, but it is what it is, and at least you seem to have enough to get by on ----- barely!!!!
Pegie things will get better for you ----- why ---- simple ----- cause you dont give up, well I remember when you were so down about a year or more ago that you almost did give up ----- but after a brief depression you just dusted yourself off and got right back into it, good for you!!!!
But please keep on here posting to us, your posts were always honest over these three years, and now your back posting again I can see that there just as honest as ever, we all need to know exactly how you are feeling, like the Guy on Dragnet used to say, ---- give me the facts Ma'm just the facts,

trottytrue
I am so happy that you have had good news on your condition, the needle thing is a nightmare but I do so hope your blood tests come through good for you, your Daughter sounds as though she has been a great help getting you through all this,
The main thing is that your back amongst all your friends again ---- AT LAST!!!!! and thanks for the E-mail,

Im lucky cause I dont have rent to pay, only bills and food, but I live on only £360 per month, never a penny more, and when I need a haircut, that week I just go without something like my usual large shot of daily scotch for a week,
But like a lot of people on here the simple things in life give me much pleasure, I love watching the British soaps, I dont enjoy eating out so thats no sacrifice for me, I love a nice brisk walk in the country or a nice stroll along the beach, I dont read books, I do love watching movies, always have,
so Ive Just recently joined Netflix U.K. and I can watch as many movies as I like on line all for £6 per month I used to have netflix in the U.S.
I love horses and Like Easterndawn I love horseback riding, but no it aint cheap, havent got back to riding yet but I hope to soon,

Im sure that everyone that has returned to U.K. already when posting on here have been as honest as possible with there take on there particular life in the U.K. AS I have too in all my posts since I returned,
Life here in U.K. is different for every expat that returns home after decades away, everyone has different circumstances,
Married/not married/kids/no kids, money saved or no money saved, torn between there two countries, the list just goes on and on,
With me it was prprettyuch a no brbrinern coming home, ---- I had just recently reached retirement age when I came home a couple of years ago, 65 I was ----- I was not willing to play russian rurouletteith my life in the hands of the American medicare system, so for me I am retired so its much easier coming home when you dont have to join the millions here looking for work everyday,
Ive always said in my posts that there was no way I would have come home if I was still of working age and had to rely on getting a Job to survive, that would be just like going from the frying pan into the fire,

So yes my advice to anyone contemplating coming home is just think long and hard about your decision, ----- make a long list of all your cons and pros,
and carefully examine each one, thats what I did, and finally the main reason I came home was to spend as much time as possible with my 93 year old Mum, ------ but if she were no longer here Great Britain is where I want to be always from now on, I tell the truth when I say I love my life here as modest as it is!!!!! and ex-brum mentioned about the worst summer we have had for 100 years ----- well yes thats true we have had more then our share of rain, ---- but I love the rain, it still hahasn'tost its nonoveltyith me, after all I was in the desert for 36 years and I hated it!!!! 112 dedegreess not at all nice, and no rain hardly ever!!!! especially if it goes on rerelentlesslyor all summer like six months,
Take care everyone,
Rodney.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
ex-brum mentioned about the worst summer we have had for 100 years ----- well yes thats true we have had more then our share of rain, ---- but I love the rain, it still hahasn'tost its nonoveltyith me, after all I was in the desert for 36 years and I hated it!!!! 112 dedegreess not at all nice, and no rain hardly ever!!!! especially if it goes on rerelentlesslyor all summer like six months,
Take care everyone,
Rodney.
You may have read Rod that we are having record high temps. I'm house bound because we are not supposed to go out if you are 55 or older.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Im lucky cause I dont have rent to pay, only bills and food, but I live on only £360 per month, never a penny more, and when I need a haircut, that week I just go without something like my usual large shot of daily scotch for a week,
But like a lot of people on here the simple things in life give me much pleasure, I love watching the British soaps, I dont enjoy eating out so thats no sacrifice for me, I love a nice brisk walk in the country or a nice stroll along the beach, I dont read books, I do love watching movies, always have,
so Ive Just recently joined Netflix U.K. and I can watch as many movies as I like on line all for £6 per month I used to have netflix in the U.S.
I love horses and Like Easterndawn I love horseback riding, but no it aint cheap, havent got back to riding yet but I hope to soon,

Take care everyone,
Rodney.
Rod I would think you have a bigger income than £360 per month from your various pensions?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Well, Where do I begin? - Easterndawn, Trottytrue, SallyS, & Rodney (Jasper) - Most of you may be thinking, that 'Don won't be a moaner' - but I find myself doing exactly that sometimes! - and ,yes - we are short of extra cash for the little things- because although Tippawan got a full time job cleaning - after just SIX short weeks - they cut her hours down to Five hours for three days a week. And of course, the benefits had disappeared - but they also promised to increase her hours ''as soon as possible''. Without her input, my pensions come to just £1,000 a month. - and as ED has said - it is now almost impossible to live on that amount. my real moan, however, is not the weather - it is the disgusting way, that Cameron & Co, increased the Car Tax again, in spite of the fact that wages were frozen. - and by the time Tim has been here two years, we have to find £990 to apply for her settlement Visa giving her ''Indefinite leave to remain'' - (even though we have been married for years now)

Had the Government NOT allowed ANY price increases, none of us could possibly complain, now could we? Anyway - must go make a cuppa, and find a dram to pop into it, while I wait for my lovely wage-earner, to come home! Take Care, and love to you all. Don
As we say in America "I hear you" Increasing that tax on the car is unreasonable. While most of the people you share the road with don't pay tax because they are driving company cars, me thinks.

I would think you do alright on £1,000 per month if your house is paid for. Housing and council tax is the big expense or so I'm told.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
You may have read Rod that we are having record high temps. I'm house bound because we are not supposed to go out if you are 55 or older.
Hi cheers,
Thats the thing isn't it, when I was living in Vegas I would get in my air conditioned car 5 days a week and drive to my air conditioned place of work, then drive home and spend the evening in my air conditioned apartment,
Days off would come along and it was always too darn sizzling hot to go out, so apart from my usual one day a week treat at Sam's Town Casino when I used to love the free variety show that they put on every week, the rest of time would be house bound for me,
So I say to people when they are complaining about all the rain we have had this summer over here in U.K. ---- and yes its been darn wet, OK you cant go out cause its raining ----- well try living in the desert for many years where you hardly ever see the rain and the summers get so hot you cant go outside either,
Its a lot easier to keep warm and dry on a cold rainy day when your outside then trying to keep cool in extreme heat,
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Rod I would think you have a bigger income than £360 per month from your various pensions?
Yes cheers your right I do have more then that coming in so again I consider myself lucky,
But I choose to only live on £360 per month, I find it quite easy, and that includes my half of the council tax £60 per month, and putting enough by for half the home insurance and even half of my Mums car insurance, it also covers half of all bills including my internet, and half of all food, I live well and eat well, and any surplus cash ---- I save for a rainy day its always a good idea to have a little extra cash saved for emergencies etc etc, ----- if you can,
I'm thrifty, and I do not believe wasting money on anything, Im still without friends, but thats cause I dont go anywhere to meet them, but Ive always been somewhat of a loner, but I do have my family ----- whats left of it, and Im probably as contented as Doc Martin
Old Aug 13th 2012, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

These last few pages of posts have been really interesting and I'm grateful to posters for sharing their experiences, both positive and negative. It is very difficult sometimes to admit that things have not turned out rosy so thank you for your honesty.

Something a few people touched on is the need to be financially sorted before making the move back to the UK. We are trying to get as much cash behind us as we can in anticipation of moving back at Christmas but I am struggling to put a figure on what we need. Would anyone be willing to quantify what they mean by financially sorted? Are we talking mortgage free and with savings (because if so we're screwed!)?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

ED.....I know what you mean about being in a crowded room yet feeling alone. I have felt that way for years.

Don...Nice to read your post. My husband if you remember filled in his Visa form wrong and lost the $1,300 he had sent in. We have to go through that all again.

Rodney...we have netflix I get some good British TV shows. Its $8 per month.

Curleytops...Thankyou for your post it really is not that easy when you move to any country but to get sick and lose your job makes it much harder. I do hope things improve for you. Just tell your husband to keep on sending in the job applications my husband sent in over 400 before he got offered a job and like your husband some of the jobs had already been spoken for it was just that they had to make it seem above board.

Anyone that thinks you can have happiness without money is wrong. Nowadays more so than years ago. What was that saying when money goes out the door love fly's out through the window. I think thats how it goes.

I am going to do the pro's and con's again. Things have changed it will take a while but once its done I will post it so you can maybe understand the turmoil of being older and leaving behind family well my daughter but also health issues and the money. We have decided to rent.

I had good news today I got the all clear on my thyroid. I also had the bloodwork done for the hepititus I will know in 24 hours.

Just to add some humour as you know one of the side effects of chemo is you lose feelings in your fingers and toes. Today I left my finger in the drawer and closed the drawer on it and then not content with that I went outside and shut the door on two more fingers. I hope the feelings come back soon or I will have no fingers left.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almo
These last few pages of posts have been really interesting and I'm grateful to posters for sharing their experiences, both positive and negative. It is very difficult sometimes to admit that things have not turned out rosy so thank you for your honesty.

Something a few people touched on is the need to be financially sorted before making the move back to the UK. We are trying to get as much cash behind us as we can in anticipation of moving back at Christmas but I am struggling to put a figure on what we need. Would anyone be willing to quantify what they mean by financially sorted? Are we talking mortgage free and with savings (because if so we're screwed!)?
Almo, I doubt thats what most people are talking about, everyone of us has different financial needs, so its really up to you as what you feel is enough money to move back with...

I hope others respond as your question is a good one...
Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Thanks Fish, I'm hoping that's not what most people are talking about!

I did start a thread about this topic but didn't get much response, understandably it differs for everyone depending on family size, lifestyle, location once they get back to the UK etc.

We are just about to transfer another chunk of cash over so keep your fingers crossed that the Aussie dollar stays high for us. We transferred over the monies from our house sale a couple of months ago, when the dollar was not quite as strong (we thought it was going to fall further, so made the leap) and yesterday I made the mistake of playing 'how much more would we have got if we'd waited?' Big mistake!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Almo, from the people I've seen on this the 50s-60s thread very few have piles of money, My best guess is that just a handful have moved back with a real decent amount, I have no real knowledge, I just read between the lines...

Exchanging money, well that is also a guess for many of us, some may have knowledge and have an edge but I don't think there is much most of us can do, we are at the mercy of the world and its events...

Don't blame yourself, realise it could have got worse, then how would you feel, if its got better at least that's a positive direction for any other monies you can send in the future, We've played that game before, its a tough one, I'm sure you did what you thought was right at the time, thats what really matters...

Good Luck...
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=trottytrue;10226106]ED.....I know what you mean about being in a crowded room yet feeling alone. I have felt that way for years.
Don...Nice to read your post. My husband if you remember filled in his Visa form wrong and lost the $1,300 he had sent in. We have to go through that all again.
Hi TT. -Thanks for replying - The mention you make, regarding having to apply twice - is the worrying aspect for us. Although, I am told that if you ring CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) for an appointment, they are officially required to check all submissions are correct and complete, stamp the documents for you, and submit them directly. - Got to check that out for us, soon. Again, love you , Take Care, Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.