Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:28 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Bon voyage to the three going back on Queen Mary! leaving tomorrow August 3 I think.

Tina[/QUOTE]

Thank you. You are right we set sail on 3 Aug 2012 @ 5.00 pm. Me, Pombat and Britwhore. I have put a posting in the Bon Voyage thread. Can't wait!!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Bon voyage to the three going back on Queen Mary! leaving tomorrow August 3 I think.

Tina

Thank you. You are right we set sail on 3 Aug 2012 @ 5.00 pm. Me, Pombat and Britwhore. I have put a posting in the Bon Voyage thread. Can't wait!!!![/QUOTE]

Yes have a lovely week on the high seas, eat, drink and be merry
And good luck in the U.K.
Have a safe trip!!!!
Rodney.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Have a wonderful trip from me as well! What a lovely way to travel back home!
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Ma...ridge-Web-Cam/

I think the QM is coming into Brooklyn, NY in the next few hours. I don't know how long it takes to unload and load.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:16 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Have a fab trip and don't do anything I wouldn't.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 1:39 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by cheers

I think the QM is coming into Brooklyn, NY in the next few hours. I don't know how long it takes to unload and load.
I believe they have to turn the ship around within 8 hours which includes getting all the previous passengers and their luggage off and then the next load of passengers boarding for their departure. They have to get all the waste off the ship, refuel and take on all the food and other supplies all with military-like precision as they must depart before the tide turns.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:01 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Thank you. You are right we set sail on 3 Aug 2012 @ 5.00 pm. Me, Pombat and Britwhore. I have put a posting in the Bon Voyage thread. Can't wait!!!!
Yes have a lovely week on the high seas, eat, drink and be merry
And good luck in the U.K.
Have a safe trip!!!!
Rodney.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rodney. OH will have a whisky with your name written on it. I'll stick to the vino
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:02 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Have a fab trip and don't do anything I wouldn't.
thanks Sally, I assume that will give me lots of scope
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:04 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

I hope it is on time as that liner has some very important passengers to pick up. Namely us BE users
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 10:49 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

This fascinating 45 minute documentary about the Queen Mary 2 was on TV here in the US a few days ago, and it's just been uploaded on Youtube as of today.

It shows the ship as she leaves New York for Southampton and it's fascinating to see how it operates. Make yourself a cuppa and enjoy!

Old Aug 3rd 2012, 11:51 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
This fascinating 45 minute documentary about the Queen Mary 2 was on TV here in the US a few days ago, and it's just been uploaded on Youtube as of today.

It shows the ship as she leaves New York for Southampton and it's fascinating to see how it operates. Make yourself a cuppa and enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xWao3ojRHKY
Thanks for the link I'm saving that one for tonight when the little one has gone to bed.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Englishmum

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xWao3ojRHKY
Thank You Englishmum! As a real 'English oldie' - I have never seen the inside, of this beauty.
It is well worth watching twice! Thanks Again. Don
Old Aug 4th 2012, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I just did a look see of the view from the QM2 and she has run into some mist. She is only a little way out and is off Massachusetts. So you know.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:05 pm
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice

I just did a look see of the view from the QM2 and she has run into some mist. She is only a little way out and is off Massachusetts. So you know.
That doesn't seem like much progress, does it?
Old Aug 4th 2012, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sile
That doesn't seem like much progress, does it?
I thought the same thing but then they are not on a 747.
OK the mist has cleared and they are south of Nova Scotia and east of Rhode Island.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.