Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jun 11th 2012, 2:54 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by jasper123
Yes CONGRATULATIONS on your flight home, u must be so excited, and yes just like jemima said PLEASE PLEASE bring some sunshine, or at least some dry weather, I think we over here have forgot what sunshine looks like, but I do remember seeing a short glimpse of sunshine a couple of months ago, but it just briefly shone through a big dark cloud for about 5 minutes and that was all she wrote
We had sunshine all weekend here in my area. It was great luck because this weekend was the Great Knaresborough Bed Race! We went along with some friends and had a blast. Then yesterday it was so nice that the four of us tried sitting out in the garden and decided it was too hot! Today is grey again but that blast of nice weather was lovely
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

ehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ehl250
Watched my last Canadian episode of Corrie today. After 43yrs I am flying home tomorrow - thanks to this site.
whoops - make that 49 yrs.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:13 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
We had sunshine all weekend here in my area. It was great luck because this weekend was the Great Knaresborough Bed Race! We went along with some friends and had a blast. Then yesterday it was so nice that the four of us tried sitting out in the garden and decided it was too hot! Today is grey again but that blast of nice weather was lovely
Sally - did you participate or spectate? Either way I bet it was a ton of fun. I had a garage sale this weekend. The sale went well, but it was freezing.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:19 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely only spectated! With a glass of wine in hand and good friends at my side - it was a really fun day.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

ehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant futureehl250 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bandrui
Daphne... Bon Voyage. I am really happy for you.
Thanks Linda - am a bit jetlagged right now!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Wow congrats! What made you make this big decision? Where will you be going? How are you feeling?

Sorry for so many questions but it's always exciting when someone finally gets to come home
Started seriously thinking about returning after coming upon this site. I hadn't realized that there were other folk who felt the same - like a round peg in a square hole! I thought there must be something wrong with me, 49yrs & not able to adjust, especially since I have children/Gchildren. Was really encouraged to find out that it wasn't just me & that some Brits. were actually going home - it was doable!
Am in Hereford. at my brother & SIL's. Re the rain, after being cooped up on the plane + 3hrs. in the car, the fresh air/rain felt wonderful.
Am in & out of jetlag. Managed to get into town yesterday for a coffee, in the medieval church of All Saints. Love the atmosphere & a big + NO loud 'music' (:
Just down the road is the Cathedral, where one can enjoy a quiet coffee in the cloisters, or on a sunny day venture into the chapter house garden.
This am. I woke up around 4am - couldn't understand why the Blackbirds were singing & it was still dark. Of course it was the start of the dawn chorus, complete with Mr Cuckoo who didn't take a break for 15 mins!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Is this a sudden move. I hope it all goes well. Smooth flying for you and your Dh.
Thanks, so far so good. Not sure what a Dh is but I don't think I have one?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, so far so good. Not sure what a Dh is but I don't think I have one?
Dh= Dear Husband or dam depending on what's going on.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Dh= Dear Husband or dam depending on what's going on.
Oh,I used to have one of those.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 7:33 am
Finally Home!

This am. I woke up around 4am - couldn't understand why the Blackbirds were singing & it was still dark. Of course it was the start of the dawn chorus, complete with Mr Cuckoo who didn't take a break for 15 mins!
For the first few weeks, I woke up every day at 3:30 because of those d*** birds The cats woke up up too and went nuts for about an hour, chasing round the house and running over the bed (and us!) Now we're all used to it and can actually sleep through it, but it took some getting used to.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Yes CONGRATULATIONS on your flight home, u must be so excited, and yes just like jemima said PLEASE PLEASE bring some sunshine, or at least some dry weather, I think we over here have forgot what sunshine looks like, but I do remember seeing a short glimpse of sunshine a couple of months ago, but it just briefly shone through a big dark cloud for about 5 minutes and that was all she wrote
Hey Rodney you have to come to America----Everyday it is clear blue skies and nice and warm. (and everybody drives around in Cadillacs)

Cheers
Old Jun 14th 2012, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheers
Hey Rodney you have to come to America----Everyday it is clear blue skies and nice and warm. (and everybody drives around in Cadillacs)

Cheers
Be very careful, or you will have us all wondering why, so many are coming home back to the dreary UK! ( Have to blame the Gov for this weather.)
Old Jun 14th 2012, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks jasper. Sorry I couldn't bring any sun - when I left Canada it was pouring there too. Just have to stay in & drink more tea!
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

:
Originally Posted by cheers

Cheers
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

:

Spent the weekend in NYC with my children. The weather was wonderful. Low seventies daytime and fifties at night. Perfect weather. Blue skies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.