Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:49 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I bet nobody will say to me "How can you bear to go back to the awful weather in the UK?" now, not after this lot.
True
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody see our Rod riding around on the bus? Like a little kid he is with his free pass
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by trottytrue
HighTide...Do you have to pay a tax when you buy the house here in the US you do. I forget what its called. You pay so much on each $1,000. By the way are you going to have a housewarming party and are we all invited. I love the stone. We spent a lovely holiday in Brixham I think it was at a holiday camp.
Of course you are all invited Trotty....we have some work to do but hope to have things up and running fairly soon. Yes unfortunately we do have to pay what they call Stamp Duty on the selling price which will be 3%. Under 250,000 it would have been 1% unless one is a first time buyer in which case one does not pay the stamp duty. Really glad you like the house. Can't wait to move now.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Today:
Made the house smell of burnt food. I put bacon between two pieces of bread and put it in the microwave. Lots of smoke and I had to throw it away. It reminded me of my wife, I knew she loved me because she use offer me burn offerings like in the bible times. Anyhow she had some lady friends from the RS coming over so she wasn't a happy camper with me or the house smell.

Got the car oil changed
Went back to the dermatologist because I remember some more items. She said they were OK.
Got the car washed
Went to the bank to pay the lease on the car.
Bought 4 lbs of oranges, 4-bananas, 3-pears and 3lbs of tangeletoes? Cost $11. for all of them
Now to shop around for my expensive prescriptions.
Cheers
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl
Congratulations David!! That house is absolutely beautiful, what a wonderful find, and with a lovely guest cottage too. Are you going to live in one, while you renovate the other and then switch?

You and your partner must be ecstatic. You are an absolute inspiration to everyone
Ah thanks so much SG......yes we are ecstatic and we are going to do some renos to the cottage as quickly as possible and get it up and running ASAP
We are drawing up some plans this evening and planning some alterations or at least getting some ideas together for our business.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppycat
Many, many congratulations, Jackie! FABULOUS news!
Thank you Poppy..
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:16 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Anybody see our Rod riding around on the bus? Like a little kid he is with his free pass
I bet you will be like a little kid too our John when you get yours.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tanto
Am thrilled for you both, congratulations! It's a lovely house!!
So now you'll go back to Canada and get your boxes shipped, right?
Hi Tanto....yes I think I will head back to Canada as soon as the contract is exchanged to finalize everything over there. I will try to get back here quickly as I can't wait for us to get settled in the new house.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
12 sleeps for you!!!! That means 11 here Have you finished packing yet? I bet you feel great now you have your results. Are you going to spend some time with your daughter before you go?

I haven't even started packing!! I may or may not get some help with relocation costs or at least on the cheap so waiting to hear about that and the job thing has left me in some kind of limbo state............
Im sorry you cant get on with it..you may just have to bite the bullit and pack anyway..
I will see my daughter before I leave, thats not going to be a fun day,..
I am 95% packed..
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Good for you David, Thats Beautiful... Very Nice!

People on this thread are gonna go Nuts...
Thanks Fish...glad you like it ....very excited about it
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:24 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Im sorry you cant get on with it..you may just have to bite the bullit and pack anyway..
I will see my daughter before I leave, thats not going to be a fun day,..
I am 95% packed..
I am having a BIG blitz on clothes, shoes, etc. this weekend. I am thinking of selling some of it on eBay and try and make some $$$$ whatever I don't sell I will donate to charity, I will do the 4 piles of stuff a la Rodney Jasper123.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wawa
Congrats HighTide! What a house! The Tide is certain turning - how marvellous and so exciting. I hope you will be happy there, its looks like the sort of house I could easily live in. Dont let any rooms to the others, you'll never get them out!
Thanks Wawa......maybe a party in Brixham someday..........tents in the garden and sleeping bags.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Shhhh we are all going to turn up
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Congratulations, I love that stove, beautiful house
Thanks ED ....yes we like it too. We were lucky to have it included as usually people take their appliances with them when they move here.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by windsong
It's beautiful!!! Good luck to you, HighTide! You deserve it!
Thank you windsong........that is very much appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.