Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:31 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

A wonderful house David! I love Brixham, and the surrounding area. So many nice walks, and good proximity to Torquay. You were so lucky to find a house like that, at such a great price. Congrats!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by HighTide
Just heard back this afternoon and everything is a GO. There are a few issues which we expected but to be honest we have managed to get the property at a fair price. The present owners are happy to complete quickly so if all goes well we could be in in 2-3 weeks.

Here is the house: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-28513696.html
Am thrilled for you both, congratulations! It's a lovely house!!
So now you'll go back to Canada and get your boxes shipped, right?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard back this afternoon and everything is a GO. There are a few issues which we expected but to be honest we have managed to get the property at a fair price. The present owners are happy to complete quickly so if all goes well we could be in in 2-3 weeks.

Lovely house High Tide! Hope the exchange goes smoothly!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Congrats HighTide! What a house! The Tide is certain turning - how marvellous and so exciting. I hope you will be happy there, its looks like the sort of house I could easily live in. Dont let any rooms to the others, you'll never get them out!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:45 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

That is a gorgeous place. Congratulations
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:47 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wawa
Congrats HighTide! What a house! The Tide is certain turning - how marvellous and so exciting. I hope you will be happy there, its looks like the sort of house I could easily live in. Dont let any rooms to the others, you'll never get them out!
Shhhh we are all going to turn up
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffy Duck
Hey Peigi just a quick question....Did you file your final Canadian tax return in Canada before you left or did you file from Scotland, also regarding your non-residency did you have to send a declaration to the Canadian Tax people stating your new abode in Scotland so that you don't have to pay Canadian income tax because of the tax treaty between the 2 countries...thanks in advance....
cheers....Taffy
I had my friend who is a lawyer write up a document giving my husband the right to complete and sign my tax papers last April. There is a funny story to that though where it says is your spousal dead he had clicked yes. He then had to explain he had made a mistake. I never did anything else, they do know that I do not live there anymore. They have never written anything to me asking for anything else. Sorry that is all I can tell you.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, I love that stove, beautiful house
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:13 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dunroving
One other question - maybe you know this: Can you set up a transfer with a set exchange rate (like you can when buying or selling shares)?
I'm thinking of, for example, "make the exchange if the rate hits $1.50"?
I don't know the answer to that. I just went to xe.com to see if I could find the answer, but it wasn't clearly available and I can't go digging around the website at the moment. I'll get back to you on that the next time I'm doing a transfer, if I can find an answer.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:14 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on the gorgeous house, HighTide. I'm well envious.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:34 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
I don't know the answer to that. I just went to xe.com to see if I could find the answer, but it wasn't clearly available and I can't go digging around the website at the moment. I'll get back to you on that the next time I'm doing a transfer, if I can find an answer.
Thanks, but don't go to too much trouble - I can do some digging around, just thought you might know offhand.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Taffy Duck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
I had my friend who is a lawyer write up a document giving my husband the right to complete and sign my tax papers last April. There is a funny story to that though where it says is your spousal dead he had clicked yes. He then had to explain he had made a mistake. I never did anything else, they do know that I do not live there anymore. They have never written anything to me asking for anything else. Sorry that is all I can tell you.
Thanks Peigi, I know you are very much alive....
cheers....Taffy
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice

Congratulations David!! That house is absolutely beautiful, what a wonderful find, and with a lovely guest cottage too. Are you going to live in one, while you renovate the other and then switch?

You and your partner must be ecstatic. You are an absolute inspiration to everyone
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Beautiful house David, congratulations, wishing you all the best.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh beautiful home David, Congrats!!!! very very happy for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.