Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Hey! Keep your hands off my iPad!

I hope you're letting middle-aged people keep theirs
Hmmmmm OK Sally I guess Ill let you keep YOUR Ipad but all Ipads that belong to anyone under 35 ----- they must all go -------- along with the Iphones and regular cell phones too, sorry about that,
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:38 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Don't get too carried away with the Scouse jokes as I am one too.
Actually the few Scousers I have met I really liked, such friendly people and a wicked sense of humor. My Mum is away in Spain with one of them this week, I have to really concentrate on what she says when I first see her, then I get used to her accent again.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dontheturner;9652738]
Originally Posted by jasper123
bandrui,
Well done on finding this link about the bad health affects from plastics and ry a

PS Rodney - And wouldn't it be good, if they banned the Hooded Coats, black Glasses, and The wearing of Caps, back to front, and of course hats, at the table when eating! - Too much to expect, I fear. Don
I love my hoodies in the winter Very handy garment.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

do you want to continue with the back to basics......skirts only and long. No more bras and back to corsets.

Now for the ladies..........washing the clothes in the boiler and use the scub board and mangle.Toilets at the end of the garden. Fire in the grate to heat the house. Baths in the kitchen on Saturday night in the tub and be sure to use carbolic soap. All the men to wear ties.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mummy in the foothills;9653040]
Originally Posted by dontheturner

I love my hoodies in the winter Very handy garment.
I agree..I must keep my neck warm...and I can also scare the teenagers
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=dontheturner;9652738]
bandrui,
Well done on finding this link about the bad health affects from plastics and ry a

PS Rodney - And wouldn't it be good, if they banned the Hooded Coats, black Glasses, and The wearing of Caps, back to front, and of course hats, at the table when eating! - Too much to expect, I fear. Don
They don't know which is the front of the cap and their mother didn't put on right.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:59 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

[QUOTE=cheers;9653059]
Originally Posted by dontheturner

They don't know which is the front of the cap and their mother didn't put on right.
My Dh used to tell off my son all the time for having his baseball hat on backwards. Then Ds became the catcher, and had to wear it backwards for the game It made Dh laugh, luckily he's outgrown the wearing of baseball caps. Dh will flip his around in the car just to annoy me. (He's hiding his receding hairline with his )
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

TT, I just want to echo what everyone else has said about you OH's visa...I'm so sorry, I was really happy for you that your move was so close. I'm sure this is just a bump in the road and you'll get there in the end. Tomorrow is another day, you just have to keep going...
I just showed this story to my American husband and do you know what he said? 'I'll just go and start living there, don't need a visa'. I can see I have my work cut out for me
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:27 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
do you want to continue with the back to basics......skirts only and long. No more bras and back to corsets.

Now for the ladies..........washing the clothes in the boiler and use the scub board and mangle.Toilets at the end of the garden. Fire in the grate to heat the house. Baths in the kitchen on Saturday night in the tub and be sure to use carbolic soap. All the men to wear ties.
And bowler hats or cloth caps depending on your station in life.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:29 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
TT, I just want to echo what everyone else has said about you OH's visa...I'm so sorry, I was really happy for you that your move was so close. I'm sure this is just a bump in the road and you'll get there in the end. Tomorrow is another day, you just have to keep going...
I just showed this story to my American husband and do you know what he said? 'I'll just go and start living there, don't need a visa'. I can see I have my work cut out for me
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:58 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Knock it off, he's proving us right.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:07 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! Let's also scrap pensions and just let the old people work themselves into the ground until they collapse. Perhaps in a mine where they can acquire a nice lung disease. lol.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

My ancestors lived to be a right old age. Maybe because of the clean air, fresh food and less stress??? Who knows?
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

Perhaps in a mine where they can acquire a nice lung disease. lol.
(miners) if they live long enough to catch the disease.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm OK Sally I guess Ill let you keep YOUR Ipad but all Ipads that belong to anyone under 35 ----- they must all go -------- along with the Iphones and regular cell phones too, sorry about that,
I must say I preferred it when you could go to a restaurant or ride a train without having to listen to people on their cell phones . They seem to think everyone within 20 yards wants to hear their conversation.
And we're likely to have a world where the thumb evolves and the other fingers become useless as people are endlessly texting everywhere they go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.