Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Taffy....Goodluck on your return home. I do hope you pop in once you are settled and let us know how you are doing. I shall be joining you soon. I hope Just a few days left for you. Take care of yourself and your family. God bless...Avril............
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:58 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffy Duck
Hello everyone I felt it was my duty to give everyone an update ...everything has gone according to plan and believe me there many i's to dot and t's to cross before we got to this stage. We leave from Toronto on Sun 14th Aug landing on the 15th. then off to Wales to start our new life can't wait. May I wish everyone on this thread all their wishes come true and I pass on to you all ....a pot full of Welsh Luck....

All the best ....cheers...Taffy
Good luck Taffy, I hope you have a good flight. Check back when you can.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Taff,

How about a little more detail?

Are you flying into MAN?

Where is the house you rented? Like whot town like?

Cheers
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone I felt it was my duty to give everyone an update ...everything has gone according to plan and believe me there many i's to dot and t's to cross before we got to this stage. We leave from Toronto on Sun 14th Aug landing on the 15th. then off to Wales to start our new life can't wait. May I wish everyone on this thread all their wishes come true and I pass on to you all ....a pot full of Welsh Luck....

Taffy its nice to hear from you again, WOW how exciting for you to be leaving for your new life at home in Wales so soon, its like just 4 days from now, Taffy have a great and safe flight and good luck and god bless, I hope you keep us posted when your home and let us all know how you get on,

As for me Im gonna take that big pot full of welsh luck and cherish it, thanks
Rodney.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry to bother everyone again. I need a reminder about where or who I should contact in order to find my NI #. Does the fact that I grew up and worked for a few years in Northern Ireland make a difference?
I think I have started the journey :-)
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Celticspirit...Here's a link to a website with information on NI. Hope it helps. You've started your journey so thats a good thing. I wish you all the best.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/number.htm
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Just to let you all know I did not forget about updating the member list. Just wanted to do it after we get all the tests finished and the buyers get their Banks approval. So anyone wishing to be added can either mention it here or drop me an email.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Celticspirit...Here's a link to a website with information on NI. Hope it helps. You've started your journey so thats a good thing. I wish you all the best.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/number.htm
Thank you so much Trotty. I may not have always commented on your journey but sometimes I have been overwhelmed. I still have to complete my judging obligations......Michigan Friday-Sunday, Memphis Wednesday to Saturday, Houston the following week. September busy also but after inhale not accepted any other assignments. My hope is to get the house ready. We are recarpeting and tiling the four bathrooms first week of Setember. Heritage Antiques is coming to take many valuable pics and silver. Then I am done. Just like Rodney......two dogs and four suitcases. Last two times I took a forty foot container with a 1906 refurbished Steinway Grand. How times have changed but it is not so bad or sad. It isa new and simpler life :-)
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:26 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Taffy - long time no see!!! How wonderful you are coming home at last. Join the ever expanding club.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Some things never change in England!

After a riot or during there has to be time for tea.

See this photo of citizens making tea for the bobbies and of course they use the riot shield for a tray.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixel-eight/6024429000/#
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:02 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers

See this photo of citizens making tea for the bobbies and of course they use the riot shield for a tray.

Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Thank you so much Trotty. I may not have always commented on your journey but sometimes I have been overwhelmed. I still have to complete my judging obligations......Michigan Friday-Sunday, Memphis Wednesday to Saturday, Houston the following week. September busy also but after inhale not accepted any other assignments. My hope is to get the house ready. We are recarpeting and tiling the four bathrooms first week of Setember. Heritage Antiques is coming to take many valuable pics and silver. Then I am done. Just like Rodney......two dogs and four suitcases. Last two times I took a forty foot container with a 1906 refurbished Steinway Grand. How times have changed but it is not so bad or sad. It isa new and simpler life :-)
YES Celtic you got it right, it was 4 suitcases for me too but no Dogs
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers

Good one cheers
Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jasper123
YES Celtic you got it right, it was 4 suitcases for me too but no Dogs
The dogs keep me sane ;-)
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Taffa, great to hear from you and delighted all is going to plan, but please keep in touch and let us know how you get settled and how you feel, wishing you all the best and hoping to hear from you in due course, have a great reunion with your family Denise2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.